When a car is crashed what happens next?

From what you are saying there may be some comparative negligence on the other guy. Also, a 93 vehicle unless well taken care of will not be worth much at all.It will end up being a total loss and the most you will end up paying is $3000. Chances are it will be alot less. Cops were joking because they dont want tofill out a report unless there are injuries.

Damn man I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything turns out for the better. At least is an older car so you wont have to pay that much if you have to forkover the money.

Damn man I was so nervous that I didn't even think of why the guy didnt beep at us or anything. Is it to late to even bring that up? I'm going to thepolice station tomorrow. Hopefully they can take it into consideration still. Luckily no one was hurt though his daughter was in the front seat things couldvebeen alot worse. Thank's to those of you who actually tried to help me out a bit. I really appreciate it

I work for insurance co in CA and Insurance normally follows the vehicle not the driver... there is somethin called "permissive use" that mostinsurance companies have... not sure what state your in... but as long as your friend gave you permission to drive you should be covered depending upon thelimits he carries.

Even if you know it's your fault in an accident never admit liability..

No one was hurt. I saw the dude at the end tryna rub his back and %@*$ maybe tryna put on a front but I hit the back of his car perhaps maybe whip lash butthat actually might help me out more then hurt me because that would indicate how fast he was actually goin. Rodster I said it early maybe you missed it buthis car was a 93 accord and my friends is a 96 camry. The way I see it I will most likely be seen as at fault because I was in over the line and towards hislane. A case also could be made that he wasn't paying attention either and was going to fast cause that's the only way I could see this happening causea simple beep and I wouldve looked up and got out of the way but I think maybe he was going to fast to react in time.

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

damn you don't even sound mad or scared or anything...i'm not sure if his insurance will pay since he wasn't driving it...so that sucks. but from the way it sounds....RIP.
Brb... Listening to nt...

you got lucky that both cars aren't very expensive. i doubt you'll be paying more than a few thousand.

hope this shows how careful you gotta be when driving. accidents are real +!%!

lets see...

No insurance on your part, so you gotta pay for your friends car, a couple G's for the camry since its a 96'. The other parties insurance will cut acheck for their loss then company will come after you for reinbursement. Let's hope that the person you hit will not experience post-accident trauma, i.e,pain in back, neck, etc...which can develop well after the accident. You will have to pay for their medical bills, most likely. The court house still may sendyou an infraction$$ for whatever reason. Then you have to think about insurance for yourself if you decide to insure a future car. You have an accident totallytwo cars, and you're at fault with no insurance. Most companies probably won't insure you when they find this on your record, and even when a companydoes expect your premium to be above the roof.

Out of all places to ask for advice, why did you choose NT?
indifferent.gif

IJUMPMAN wrote:
Out of all places to ask for advice, why did you choose NT?
indifferent.gif

because NTs fam, but these new member (not necessarily talking about you) changing NT
ohwell.gif

but back to the topic, in FL an accident makes you $10k richer

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Both you and him are #%%*$% and NO his insurance will not cover it because YOU were driving.

My cousin crashed/totaled my car and my insurance covered it.

well it sounds like he rear ended ur car, in some states that makes him automatically at fault, such as FL

the coverage depends on your friends insurance though

Back
Top Bottom