When a car is crashed what happens next?

Just crashed my friends car and he has one way insurance but I have no insurance. He left his license at home which is why i had to drive in the first place sowe couldnt just say he was driving. The accident was my fault and both cars are most likely totaled well %%*+$* up axels at least but both cars are @%$+$+ sono point in fixing that. So what happens? Does his insurance still cover the other car even though I was the one driving? Or do I pay out of pocket for both?

Both you and him are #%%*$% and NO his insurance will not cover it because YOU were driving.

damn you don't even sound mad or scared or anything...i'm not sure if his insurance will pay since he wasn't driving it...so that sucks. but fromthe way it sounds....RIP.

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

damn you don't even sound mad or scared or anything...i'm not sure if his insurance will pay since he wasn't driving it...so that sucks. but from the way it sounds....RIP.
I'm not mad and I'm still very scared. It wasn't like I went out of my way to crash it or was doing anything stupid at the moment. Itwas a very sudden thing no one realized what was happening. I was going pretty slow and looked down for a second and went a little into the lane over and theother dude mustve been coming pretty quick because he didnt beep and neither of us saw him at all until it happened. I'm upset that I @@+!%% up my friendscar but I'm gonna do everything thats possible to fix it or get him a new car. I'm just wondering cause this my first accident ever so I don't knowhow things work

03-12-09-writing-check-large.jpg

Hope no one was hurt but yea...Get that checkbook out brah.

Originally Posted by KIDFLY SniperElite007

RIP..

if i was ur friend i would whoop on that @ _ _
He's pissed but neither of us saw it coming at all like I said very sudden. He got the car free though so maybe that's why he's not aspissed. He knows imma do whatever possible for him to so idk man. He did punch me in the nuts though lol

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

damn you don't even sound mad or scared or anything...i'm not sure if his insurance will pay since he wasn't driving it...so that sucks. but from the way it sounds....RIP.
I'm not mad and I'm still very scared. It wasn't like I went out of my way to crash it or was doing anything stupid at the moment. It was a very sudden thing no one realized what was happening. I was going pretty slow and looked down for a second and went a little into the lane over and the other dude mustve been coming pretty quick because he didnt beep and neither of us saw him at all until it happened. I'm upset that I @@+!%% up my friends car but I'm gonna do everything thats possible to fix it or get him a new car. I'm just wondering cause this my first accident ever so I don't know how things work
i mean, don't any of you guys have parents you can ask? or call his insurance company and ask

Originally Posted by Killa Kyleon

03-12-09-writing-check-large.jpg

I don't even have a check book. I have like 300 bucks to my name so do I have to pay the dude right away? Or do we go court or something? The guy didnteven ask for my number or insurance or anything, so do the cops just settle everything when I go file the report?

No his insurance will not cover the accident since you were driving.

You're going to have to pay to have both cars fixed/replaced.

KIDFLY SniperElite007 wrote:

RIP..

He's pissed but neither of us saw it coming at all like I said very sudden. He got the car free though so maybe that's why he's not as pissed. He knows imma do whatever possible for him to so idk man. He did punch me in the nuts though lol

Ohh man im not talkin that bad.. Hittin the NUTS is takin it to far.. But was the accident ur fault or the other persons

I would call his carrier to report the incident. As long as your friend says you were driving with his permission they may cover the other vehicles damages.They will probably say there is no coverage but its worth a shot. What state are you in? Was anyone injured? When you discuss this with people don't justoutright say it's your fault. Just give the facts of the loss. The other carriers may find some comparative negligence on the other parties. Worse comes toworse they come after you personally for the damages. good luck

damn what kind of car? pics?

that's a nice friend to be like, hey buddy you drive. i forgot my insurance at home..

Originally Posted by KIDFLY SniperElite007

KIDFLY SniperElite007 wrote:

RIP..

He's pissed but neither of us saw it coming at all like I said very sudden. He got the car free though so maybe that's why he's not as pissed. He knows imma do whatever possible for him to so idk man. He did punch me in the nuts though lol

Ohh man im not talkin that bad.. Hittin the NUTS is takin it to far.. But was the accident ur fault or the other persons
Na it was a accident but he just lost his car so I deserve it. To tell you the truth I dont even know what happened cause it was so quick but Idid look away from the road for a second and was crossing into the other lane. I do know the other guy was going pretty fast though because he came out of nowhere didnt have time to beep or anything and right after I just heard his car skid and spin out while mine just stopped pretty sudden. His car was a 1993honda accord my friends a 96 camry snake.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

you didn't call the cops right after it happened?
Yeah of course. But they didn't say much they basically came asked what happened and told me and my friend not to worry that these thingshappen all the time to just be more cautious. I guess they were in a good mood cause they kept joking around with us but I was shaking like crazy and was toshaken up to really ask anything or even think. They towed both cars though so its not like it was as minor as they were making it out to be. I'm justscared of whats gonna happen next

Originally Posted by Killa Kyleon

I don't even have a check book. I have like 300 bucks to my name so do I have to pay the dude right away? Or do we go court or something? The guy didnt even ask for my number or insurance or anything, so do the cops just settle everything when I go file the report?
I wouldn't expect you to have to pay right away being that he's going to have to wait on the report,estimates,claims,etc. In myexperiences I just received a letter from the other parties insurance rep basically to verify insurance, claim #, info,etc.. And that was it. But both casesthe police found neither party a fault and I had full coverage. But in your case, this is where the %%** could hit the fan.

Edit: And since its an older car..like someone said they'll prob just total it out. So if you have to pay out the $$ won't be that bad compaired to anewer car with high value.

Back
Top Bottom