When and Why did you lose interest in sneakers VOL.....PRIORITIES

Naw i was visiting my mom

She lives there
glasses.gif

I'd like to go back one day, but just to holler at some folks at Diamond Cutz in Goose Creek.

Damn bruh, that was my barbershop when I was in the Chuck. Still go if I need a cut when I go back. Hev is the barber I go to.

My girl always telling me I'lll never fully stop. I'll be that old man wearing sneakers and Timbs. She might be right. I can't get into the chucks and vans. I'll never wear sandals, I'll always buy what I like and what's cheap. NDestrukt is up next for me, once they drop in price and the Dame 3.

I feel you on that baller. I may not be in, but if I ever need kicks, I'll always know where to go. Can't be one of them dad's with the Rack Room White Nikes.

Unless flyknit hits them. I love flyknit.

Got a promotion at that time, which required a different dress code. Still bought releases that I wanted but never had time to wear. Started to realize this so the purchases slowly started to decrease. It wasn't until last year that I actually started to sell them.

My style and mentality started to change too. Jordans can tend to be bulky and I'm not down with spending $200+ for a new release. I'm mostly into Nike and air maxes now.

Honestly I stopped buying after college. I still get some releases here and there but no where near what I used to be at. Nowadays, I probably have a rotation of 10 runners that I wear.

After college, and being hired on my first "Real" job. I realized no one cares. It's the real world. Now I just wear jeans, button-ups, and some dress shoes. Plus I've been trying to limit my spending, and save up more for International trips. For you guys who haven't checked out the "Minimalist" documentary on netflix. It's worth your time.

Bottom Line: Spend money on what makes YOU happy.

Nowadays, I value experiences over material things.

Didn't get into sneakers until 10th grade....really got into them during college, but lack of funds prevented me from continuing copping after graduation. After awhile, the older i became, i just couldn't find the time to wear all the different pairs. I've probably copped 3 pairs of sneakers between 2013 to now. Last week tho i copped the royal 1s for my 30th birthday and tomorrow hopefully the Silver Bullet AM97s....feel like i might go on a little run copping some sneakers again lol. The passion is still there no doubt, but my patience as far as seeing these new kids who don't really appreciate the shoes and the hassle of trying to obtain the shoe (not even gonna get into the insane price hikes that have occured over the years) has kept me from going hard. Def quality over quantity if i do decide to jump back into sneakers tho.

Last edited:
What's also alarming is several sneaker Youtube reviewers are now selling off their collections. They all have separate reasons for doing so but found it very odd that they are doing this in the same relative time frame.

What's also alarming is several sneaker Youtube reviewers are now selling off their collections. They all have separate reasons for doing so but found it very odd that they are doing this in the same relative time frame.

Most of those Youtube clowns hopped on when being a 'sneakerhead' was trendy. So you have cats that were essentially volume buyers vs. genuinely liking kicks and now they've got stacks of kicks that they purchased just for the sake of purchasing and have a serious case of buyer's remorse.

Someone who genuinely likes kicks will downsize as you get older and have different priorities, but cats selling off entire collections were never into kicks to begin with.

Most of those Youtube clowns hopped on when being a 'sneakerhead' was trendy. So you have cats that were essentially volume buyers vs. genuinely liking kicks and now they've got stacks of kicks that they purchased just for the sake of purchasing and have a serious case of buyer's remorse.

Someone who genuinely likes kicks will downsize as you get older and have different priorities, but cats selling off entire collections were never into kicks to begin with.

Right I agree. However, most usually end up with an excess amount of sneakers because they need video content. So for the most part they are just buying the next major release, whether they like the shoe or not, so they can't keep their viewers/subscribers entertained. No different than those IG and FB hacks who buy a shoe to post on-feet photos only to end up selling them or returning them to the store a day later.

never lost interest, just dont mess with certain models because i refuse to be associated with some folks.

When I got my first real job out of college and didn't wear sneakers anymore really. I don't even hoop as much as I did back then after moving out.

These days, I spend my money on traveling.

never lost interest, just dont mess with certain models because i refuse to be associated with some folks.

Why u care bout others? Unless im misunderstanding what youre saying

Like dude said up top, the passion is still there but my patience dealing with it isnt.

Why u care bout others? Unless im misunderstanding what youre saying

Like dude said up top, the passion is still there but my patience dealing with it isnt.
as a youth, buying kicks was done primarily to stunt on each other in a friendly manner as well as a means of showing off your individuality without having to wear what everyone deemed the "it" shoe....everyone has different reasons for copping....some hoard, some buy what ************* says to, and some buy because resell is there....it is what it is.

the same way folks may look at my reasoning funny is the same way i look at buying multiples or having 100 kicks with no fits.

When the culture changed.

It used to be about the admiration for the man that made us dream big.
It used to be about discovering all of the intricacies that Jordans had to offer that you couldn't see in an Eastbay photo or on Jordan's feet when he unveiled them to the world.

As soon as it became about posting IG photos with the shoes only to sell them a few days later, just so they could stunt...
and when that spilled over into resellers buying up the FSR, and they start to artificially raise the market price...

which led to instant sold out releases because people were using bots and stores introduced raffles. I WAS DONE!

Jordans have always had a certain prestige from owning them but as soon as the culture changed from buying the shoes because you love them, to buying the shoes to stunt for the Gram, it was over.

I recently bought some AJ1 at an outlet for $65 just because I liked them and they were heavily discount(MSRP $150)
Besides that the last shoes I bought were Ferrari XIVs and before that I think it was Toro IVs.

But mainly because I realized that while I'm wasting money on shoes( some of which I already had), I could be investing that money into something that can make me more money.
Cant make a Billion dollars off of buying shoes.

When the culture changed.

It used to be about the admiration for the man that made us dream big.
It used to be about discovering all of the intricacies that Jordans had to offer that you couldn't see in an Eastbay photo or on Jordan's feet when he unveiled them to the world.

As soon as it became about posting IG photos with the shoes only to sell them a few days later, just so they could stunt...
and when that spilled over into resellers buying up the FSR, and they start to artificially raise the market price...

which led to instant sold out releases because people were using bots and stores introduced raffles. I WAS DONE!

Jordans have always had a certain prestige from owning them but as soon as the culture changed from buying the shoes because you love them, to buying the shoes to stunt for the Gram, it was over.

I recently bought some AJ1 at an outlet for $65 just because I liked them and they were heavily discount(MSRP $150)
Besides that the last shoes I bought were Ferrari XIVs and before that I think it was Toro IVs.

But mainly because I realized that while I'm wasting money on shoes( some of which I already had), I could be investing that money into something that can make me more money.
Cant make a Billion dollars off of buying shoes.
i hear ya...but jordan wasn't a driving force in my interest..it was the variety that  got me....bo jacksons, barkleys, pumps, etc....there were some jays, but when folk started equating jays with instant cool, i backed off them to a certain extent.

Back
Top Bottom