When and Why did you lose interest in sneakers VOL.....PRIORITIES

Boosts are narrow fitting? Good to know, I won't be buying a pair then lol

Just the Ultra Boost 1.0 man. The 2.0 and 3.0 (that's out now) are ok. I still feel like my foot sticks out a bit so I still have yet to buy any version. With the yeezys, the way they're shaped with an outrigger looking lateral sole, they conceal my duck feet :lol: Actually imho yeezys are more comfortable than UB's.

I seen one of those sneaker conventions on youtube.

I dont want any part of that lol

that's another reason i never went down da hypebeast hole...those downtown SoHo kids in da SneakerCons and dunkxchange, etc. are straight up weirdos to me.

da very last "event" I even went to was a JB hosted panel MC'ed by Gentry himself when he was running things & Wale performed (pre MMG, pre lady Gaga single)

Gentry was adamant about never bringing back Nike air >D

To be completely honest... I had a Chinese grey market connect and was buying FSR of Concord XI, BC3, Bred XI, Bred I, Grape V, Royal 1 right around 2011-2013. I was able to compare legit releases with what I had and even NT was trying to claim grey market were legit when I knew they weren't :lol: As a business-minded person I thrive in grey areas, but the line got blurred too much for my personal tastes, it was a turn off. Pair that with the difficulty to cop legit pairs and the crazy prices that were the same quality and indistinguishable from fakes...yeah, not worth it. Plus I was working a corporate job where I couldn't wear sneakers but a few days a week any way. Don't own a single pair of Jordans anymore. I have one pair of Nikes they are some all black Hyperdunks from a Nike outlet I use for basketball.

I moved on to luxury sneakers. Easier to cop with better customer service (feel like my money is actually welcomed), better quality, more versatile (I go for basic stuff). I feel like I'm getting my moneys worth now. For everyday wear I use core black ultra boost or triple white ultra boost. Just some basic looking GR Adidas. Look good with jeans or sweats and that get the job done for me. I can show out when I want but most days I dress low-key and bummy with the same sneakers.

Ironically though, I've really gotten back into street wear since leaving the corporate world. I've been getting sent a bunch of free **** lately. It's nice to be able to wake up and wear whatever you want and throw on a graphic tee and a hoody.

Last edited:
^^^

If your ever in the city of socal I'll help you with out with some Jordans.

I never got tired of sneakers. In fact, I landed my dream job at Footlocker but it sucks how they cut my hours to part time now. I still buy retro Js just to collect and Lebrons to play ball. The benefits of working in the stock room are I get to save the perfect pair (less glue marks and etc.) for myself plus the employee discount.

I'm trying to get a part time job at SLP, Gucci, or somewhere else though so I can also get a discount on those sneakers. I hope my experience at Footlocker is adiquit

I got married and had kids. I still enjoy looking at them though. (I know clown all you want for being a window shopper) Wife has been very good and letting me splurge on a release here and there. Nothing really limited limited. Just some GR Jordans(last ones were the BRED 11s) and shoes to hoop in(been active in the adidas hoop shoe threads).

Although, I did buy a pair of the harden 1 fear the forks....because...welll ASU!!!! LOL.

has anyone been to a sneaker convention????????

Worked at a magazine spot and had to cover Sneaker Con NYC during summer 14. It was that moment when I realized I had just finished college and needed to separate from the 'Sneaker Head' crowd.

Currently trying to sell all of my Nike Bball sneakers and stick to 10-12 pairs (mixture of Nike/Adidas runners & Jordans)

Im not jumping through hoops and hurdles to give a company my money.

If I like a pair I might try on release day with the SNKRS app, but if I cant cop I just keep it pushing.

Im seriously considering selling off the entire collection and only keeping 20 or so pairs. I even took photos and posted on the B&S forum, but my pic was tagged too late, and I was too lazy to retake pics. Ill get around to it some day,

Im not jumping through hoops and hurdles to give a company my money.
If I like a pair I might try on release day with the SNKRS app, but if I cant cop I just keep it pushing.

Im seriously considering selling off the entire collection and only keeping 20 or so pairs. I even took photos and posted on the B&S forum, but my pic was tagged too late, and I was too lazy to retake pics. Ill get around to it some day,

20 or so pairs is pretty much enough and that's including boots too

has anyone been to a sneaker convention????????
Worked at a magazine spot and had to cover Sneaker Con NYC during summer 14. It was that moment when I realized I had just finished college and needed to separate from the 'Sneaker Head' crowd.

Currently trying to sell all of my Nike Bball sneakers and stick to 10-12 pairs (mixture of Nike/Adidas runners & Jordans)
I know you don't like to be associated with that crowd. I get it, but I look at it like this, I was here before them, and will be here after. I won't let that faction of people who like kicks make me have disdain for them.  People who like sneakers are not monolithic, we all like the same shoes for different reasons. I just correct people when they call me a sneakerhead, not that hard. I just like shoes.

I will say for all the DS pairs I have, I will start to wear them. Even the doubles. Me personally, in general I don't see the point of doubles of the same thing. I have some exceptions, but not that many. I noticed Nike has been purposely changing minor details of shoes to keep you hooked into keep buying, especially at higher prices. Gotta show some self control and say no, F that. I had to restrain from the recent SJ. I have 2000s that need to be reglued and have an 09 pair still DS. What kind of sense does that make to buy another pair at $225 when I have the 09 pair still DS? I know people go into why the 09's are worse, and you can convince yourself to buy it because the quality is off. Anyone who is smart enough to look inside their shoes knows that the key to have a comfortable pair are the insoles. Get a good pair of thick insoles and you good, problem solved. But not many will think like that so they wait to buy the newest pair at a higher price with a slightly better insole. Ridiculous.

- Found my "grails" in 2011 or 2012 (technically not actual grails, but a close enough reissue)
-Got into firearms and reloading
-Kids and family and ****
-Sneaker prices rising while quality for some items going down
-moving a bunch of times, and realizing I probably had enough sneakers to last me the rest of my life

I still buy some basics (a new pair of New Balance 99x every year), and recently in the last 2 years shoes have been on my radar again. Most of the Nikes I buy now are trail running models, because they are the most comfortable shoes I've worn in decades. If you can, get your self a pair of Wildhorse 3;s or Kigers.

One thing that annoys me is when dudes say they got out shoes because they're "getting their grown man on". The shoes on your feet play no part in whether or not you're a grown man/woman. The fact that dudes think that shows me they're not as "grown" as they think they are.

Priorities for me.

That and I guess i 'grew up'. work in an office with dress shoes 4 days of the week (thank goodness for casual fridays and weekends- that's when i break out the kicks).

need to make room for baby #2 so I'm planning on selling all my hoops shoes that I 'kick it' in.

just keep the ones that i actually hoop in.

I have about 8 pairs of running/training shoes now. they're more comfy and i've been feeling low tops for a while.... they're just better for casual wear.

I will always be a sneakerhead, but some things are just more important than others....

Last edited:
Waste of money/don't have time to wear em. Pretty much wear the same 4 pairs most of the time.

Never lost interest
Co-sign.

This thread is a depressing read.
laugh.gif

When I realized that it was much better things to spend disposable income on like vacations and things of that nature as opposed to sneakers.

This too

I was taking around 2 trips a year but cuttin back also added extra funds for those trips. Actually was able to take 3 last year

still have that love for sneakers..i just had a wake up call and got priorities together. $200 bucks can go a LONG way...

This

shoes are just more expensive then most things people collect lol 

I'd like to hear @MJO23DAN
  opinion on this.... this mans collection is crazy and he doesn't even wear most of it 

It's not for everybody. I'm old school. You won't find many of my kind doing it. And the latter, I separate collection from beaters. I have videos on my channel on all these points.

Losing interest and not buying are kind of like two separate things. You could easily still have interest and not buy, vice versa or both either way.

Yea I'll always love sneakers but anything more than like 2-3 in a year is out the question.

Nothing like breaking out a fresh pair tho, broke my royal foams out the other day and felt incredible.

Somewhat of a grave dig, but I just realized another reason I started losing interest typing in the Jordan XXXI Thread. I don't like that I (and kids of today) can't wear what the players wear. The option for ID gives us some close to, but never exactly. Then there's this year where you can't even create the current Nike line-up of sneakers on ID (except KD and Kobe). Jordan's haven't been on ID since the 26 (2012). Granted those were hideous, so no one wanted to create them anyways.

The first time I got really mad with the ID option was with the LeBron 11. I wanted these, but the options wouldn't allow it.
View media item 2381901

Guess they're gearing up for the Retros...I probably won't care by the time those come.

Back
Top Bottom