When Fabolous dropped Breathe in '04

Will Fab ever make a classic hip hop album?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I thought he was going to drop a classic album, a Blueprint 1 mature Height of his career type project. They had just premiered it on Hot 97, and it was so real they ran it back twice. That was my first time in New York too, I'll never forget.  I just knew Fab was gonna have at least 3 more joints like that on Real Talk. Fab being one of my fav modern day rappers, didn't deliver the classic; and every time he drops an album I give him benefit of the doubt that he will still drop his Blueprint 1.  I feel he has it in him to be that great, but 1st he needs to solidify his spot with a few super producers in hip hop to reach that level.  Justice League, Just Blaze, Pharrell, and he seems to have a good relationship with Timbo from his early years, maybe (Alchemist for a gutter sound), 1-2 newbies.  Of course he's gonna do a lil southern flavor on his project, and I'm from the South, he should do it but keep it to a minimum.  Time is overdue for his classic.  As I stated before, I ride wit Fab, and I got faith in Loso's Way 2.

When I first heard 'Breathe' I swore dude was about to take the torch of NY from Jay

Still know the whole song word for Word... :pimp:

Last edited:
Fab and Kiss mane I swear they always let me down.. Im waiting for that classic LP too fam..

NY was at his mercy when Breathe came out, EVERYONE thought he was gonna drop a CLASSIC :smh:

I gave up on Fab after Real Talk, if he couldn't do it with Breathe then he was never gonna do it.

Fab and Kiss mane I swear they always let me down.. Im waiting for that classic LP too fam..
Yep Kiss too smh...Top 5 Dead or Alive should be the album of the year if the title holds truth like we all want it to

NY was at his mercy when Breathe came out, EVERYONE thought he was gonna drop a CLASSIC
mean.gif

I gave up on Fab after Real Talk, if he couldn't do it with Breathe then he was never gonna do it.
Smh...sad homie, he had a recent interview saying that he was ready to step up and run NY the way that he should've been.

We want him to be great so bad. A lot of cats lost faith a long time ago too. He still got them bars, and stay bodyin features.

Plus that freestyle on Flex last tape was crazy, aint too late

Breathe and Cant Let You Go were major hits out here. Dude never followed them with anything else though

I liken what Fab did with Real Talk (having a FIRE STREET SINGLE) and then droppin an absolute DUD, to juelz santana did with What the game been missing. Juelz had led into that album with 'mic check, 'kill yaself' and the HUGE Nike commercial and went on to drop the worst album i have ever heard.:smh:

Definitely my favorite Fab song. I used to make monthly mix CD's for my car and I swear this song was on every single one for months.

But more importantly, I was absolutely shocked because it was the first time I didn't see Fab in a throwback. I didn't know what the hell was going on :lol:

Last edited:
I always thought his career didn't turn out the way people expected due to Ja Rule. He came out in that era, that's where the Lil Mo and R&B/club songs came from. So then that became his lane...and he stuck to it, because it worked and he's had longevity doing it. He's done street stuff to keep a balance.

I think if he would have come out a little bit before(DMX) or later(50) he would have been different, but he might not still be around.

I also thought he needed a crew or someone on his team more knowledgeable, because his albums have been pretty awful with no cohesion or direction.

Last edited:
Yep Kiss too smh...Top 5 Dead or Alive should be the album of the year if the title holds truth like we all want it to

i absolutely hate when this man Kiss calls himself top 5 dead or alive.

it's funny because there's 3 dead cats he not better than, then if i just add Em and Jay or Andre boom he's outta there...

like what does this man say that's so passionate, witty, clever, ahead of it's time, or flows well that makes him top 5 dead or alive?!

ANYWAY...naw Fab is way past the point where he would probably even care enough to drop one. he just gone keep a female track on deck and cash out.

Last edited:
Everbody and their moms swore Fab was next up when "Breathe" dropped. Same w/ Kiss and "We Gon Make It" and "Knock Yaself Out" dudes never tapped into their talent to reach the top and make the classics we wanted

I always thought his career didn't turn out the way people expected due to Ja Rule. He came out in that era, that's where the Lil Mo and R&B/club songs came from. So then that became his lane...and he stuck to it, because it worked and he's had longevity doing it. He's done street stuff to keep a balance.

I think if he would have come out a little bit before(DMX) or later(50) he would have been different, but he might not still be around.

I also thought he needed a crew or someone on his team more knowledgeable, because his albums have been pretty awful with no cohesion or direction.
Good point...He was rockin with Lil Mo same time her and Ja Rule was on a mean streak!

The X and 50 era was to rough for ni**as...hand claps to Fab though, he's still very relevant and sellin records

I liken what Fab did with Real Talk (having a FIRE STREET SINGLE) and then droppin an absolute DUD, to juelz santana did with What the game been missing. Juelz had led into that album with 'mic check, 'kill yaself' and the HUGE Nike commercial and went on to drop the worst album i have ever heard.:smh:

Da juelz album >>>>>>>>> real talk

I think I had accepted him for what he was by this point. However, when I first first heard him..I thought he'd be a super-duper-NY star.

I loved this song because I used to work at kb toys, and when that part came on i'd get into peter griffin" when they say the name of the movie in the movie" mode.

Back
Top Bottom