When getting a speeding ticket, does the cop tell you that he used radar?

I just got a major speeding ticket.. cop said i was going 80 in a 45 (pretty sure I wasn't)... but he never showed me anything. Do they normally or have to tell you if they used a radar or not?

I just got a major speeding ticket.. cop said i was going 80 in a 45 (pretty sure I wasn't)... but he never showed me anything. Do they normally or have to tell you if they used a radar or not?

It's not on the ticket? I find that impossible. It serves as a proof.

I got caught in upstate New York and it indicates that he used the radar. I was 20 over and I got it reduced to a parking ticket
smile.gif

Shaq DIESEL 34 wrote:

depends on the state.. its mandatory in CA (atleast when u ask.. i think)

Shaq DIESEL 34 wrote:

depends on the state.. its mandatory in CA (atleast when u ask.. i think)

It's not on the ticket? I find that impossible. It serves as a proof.

I got caught in upstate New York and it indicates that he used the radar. I was 20 over and I got it reduced to a parking ticket
smile.gif

Im in New York state. It does not say anything about using a radar gun, and he never told me anything about one.

Im in New York state. It does not say anything about using a radar gun, and he never told me anything about one.

The times when I was in the car when my friends were pulled over, they usually showed the gun with the speed on it.
One of my psychology professor asked the officer the brand and model number of the radar gun, and looked up the manual, and found out that the gun had to be calibrated every few days, he contested it and went to court and presented it. The officer didn't know and the ticket was waved off, but that's something a psychology professor will do. 
pimp.gif

The times when I was in the car when my friends were pulled over, they usually showed the gun with the speed on it.
One of my psychology professor asked the officer the brand and model number of the radar gun, and looked up the manual, and found out that the gun had to be calibrated every few days, he contested it and went to court and presented it. The officer didn't know and the ticket was waved off, but that's something a psychology professor will do. 
pimp.gif

got caught on veterans day speeding.

was in uniform got off the hook was doing 60 in a 45.

and he showed me the gun.

got caught on veterans day speeding.

was in uniform got off the hook was doing 60 in a 45.

and he showed me the gun.

I do believe you can ask to see the reading

some other things my boss was saying...

-ask if it was calibrated
-ask if he/she noticed the van/truck in front or to the side of you (heavier objects detected first)

he also said to ask a lot of questions because it puts the cop on the defensive...and he did beat his ticket b/c cop didnt show up

I do believe you can ask to see the reading

some other things my boss was saying...

-ask if it was calibrated
-ask if he/she noticed the van/truck in front or to the side of you (heavier objects detected first)

he also said to ask a lot of questions because it puts the cop on the defensive...and he did beat his ticket b/c cop didnt show up

Only if you ask for it, if not they assume on what they put on the ticket.

But in your case, if he assumed you were going 80 on a 45, then there isn't anything you can prove that you weren't speeding, if he assumes that you were going that fast.

Only if you ask for it, if not they assume on what they put on the ticket.

But in your case, if he assumed you were going 80 on a 45, then there isn't anything you can prove that you weren't speeding, if he assumes that you were going that fast.

Back
Top Bottom