When Is NT Leaving YUKU??!?

nerd.gif

Hopefully soon. I'm tired of the board getting thrown through time like this is an episode of LOST.

i think it was stated a few months ago that they'll switch once they've made enough money for it...
that's why they are selling the T-shirts i believe...

Search feature doesn't even work right now
indifferent.gif

NT needs to move to vBulletin (or something equivalent) quick.

I don't know if Yuku has add-ons/mods, but I checked out VB and they got a bunch of cool mods that will give the NT Staff and its members a much better browsing experience (PC/MAC/Mobile devices).

I did a quick skim on the mod site and they have an app for iPhone/BB/Android/etc that allows you to "connect" with the VB system and browse on your phone. Yeah you have to pay (atleast for the iPhone version), but NT has been asking for something like this. It may be worth it for some people.

Of course, there are probably other ways to achieve this too. Im just saying NT needs a new address.

yeah im with you this Yuku server is Annoying
what was the server before Yuku
i been hear since August 09'
and i heard few people talkin bout it but nobody actually said which server they used

Originally Posted by sneakerjunkie

yeah im with you this Yuku server is Annoying
what was the server before Yuku
i been hear since August 09'
and i heard few people talkin bout it but nobody actually said which server they used
Ezboard.

Ezboard was bought out by Yuku. It was like a forced rape....we had no choice. They didn't even use ranch
tired.gif

-The Juice

Yeah I believe when they make enough money with the T-Shirts.

I like the kind that PPCGeeks uses... I don't know what it is, but it is really nice.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Yeah I believe when they make enough money with the T-Shirts.

I like the kind that PPCGeeks uses... I don't know what it is, but it is really nice.
they use vBulletin servers.

I could be wrong, but when the mods announced we are going to move, I believe they adamantly shot down the idea of vBulletin for "security" reasons. Like I said I could be wrong on that.

-The Juice

yeah vbulletin would be nice but they'd need to move the database over to keep all accounts and threads, and for that they'd need a yuku to VB importer which I dont know if its made yet.

Originally Posted by STOPIT5

yeah vbulletin would be nice but they'd need to move the database over to keep all accounts and threads, and for that they'd need a yuku to VB importer which I dont know if its made yet.

that sounds like a problem, aren't we just "renting" this forum from yuku. would they just turnover the necessary dbs?

the import shouldn't be too hard for someone with knowledge of the structures.

Originally Posted by i like shoes too

Originally Posted by STOPIT5

that sounds like a problem, aren't we just "renting" this forum from yuku. would they just turnover the necessary dbs?

the import shouldn't be too hard for someone with knowledge of the structures.
 I think yuku is free not sure, there's no way to just export a db from yuku, I dont know if they would just turn it over. In a way yuku is one global db since all accounts work on different forums. A yuku to vb importer has been in the talks before on vbulletin forums but they wont develop unless it has a real demand.

A vbulletin license for life is $160
Hosting can be a cheap or expensive cost depending on the type of hosting. Something like niketalk might need a dedicated server or atleast a VPS which can be from $40 - $200 monthly.

Back
Top Bottom