When keeping it real/white privilege goes wrong? vol. mind ya business

I don't think there was any issue of the bike preventing the driver from passing

But rather the biker obstructing traffic by driving too slowly and looking back multiple times for idk what reason BC I can't see it
We'll never really know why he was looking over his shoulder. However, it's safe to say there were no other cars that turned since he was on the asphalt and didn't seem to be in danger of getting run over.

Which brings the next point... Assuming the first is true, the Bimmer wasn't being obstructed. Therefore he could have easily passed on the right side and just made a gesture to the motorcycle.

Third... Because the Bimmer hit the motorcycle, the driver is more than likely going to lose his license and pay God knows how much in damages out of his pocket for personal and psychological damages. Whether the motorcycle rider should have done what he did or not, texting while driving is the single biggest cause of injury and fatal accidents on the road today. We don't know whether the driver had been driving erratically before the stop light or not. I have my assumptions, but I can't say for sure since the video was edited both before and after the incident so it's safe to say there's more to the story on both ends that none of us know about.

When the light turns green the biker looks over his shoulder several times. To me, he's doing that to prevent the driver of the BMW from getting in front of him. As a biker, there's no need to do that unless you perhaps are trying to keep something from passing you.

Maybe he was looking back to see if the driver was following too close to him. When I'm speeding, I look back often to see if their are any cops.

You keep pushing the passing argument, yet my pics from different frames of the video don't show the biker going over the dashed lines in the second lane. I still don't get how a bike that stayed in their lane the entire time was keeping the BMW from passing. In the video it appears there is an open lane to the right the whole time.

If you ride/rode a bike you would know what I'm talking about. To me the biker was trying to prevent/keep the driver of the BMW behind him, which is the reason why he keeps looking over his shoulder.

If the biker truly was worried about the car following too closely as you suggested he would have sped up and gotten away from there. A biker is able to move fast and quickly. If the biker was able to learn anything from this, hopefully he learned to mind his business, keep quiet and just ride.

I think passing in the right is illegal isn't it? Was it one lane or two lane?

If you ride/rode a bike you would know what I'm talking about. To me the biker was trying to prevent/keep the driver of the BMW behind him, which is the reason why he keeps looking over his shoulder.

If the biker truly was worried about the car following too closely as you suggested he would have sped up and gotten away from there. A biker is able to move fast and quickly. If the biker was able to learn anything from this, hopefully he learned to mind his business, keep quiet and just ride.

I do ride a bike. I will look at the video again and grab frames with window reflections to see what was behind him. CSI: NT

Why does the biker have to speed up and break the law? Also, a lot of heavy traffic and jaywalkers on this street especially during rush hour. Maybe he didn't want to speed up after all he did slow down to improve reaction time. Could be for pedestrians or cars pulling in front of him.

I think passing in the right is illegal isn't it? Was it one lane or two lane?

Two lane street with a turning lane in the center. The lane appears to be open, why even pass. Just go into the open lane and continue driving.

Last edited:
What's ironic is that HIS phone can be seen sitting right in front of him :lol:

Look at the bottom left at the beginning of the vid :rofl:

Why is this relevant at all?

I believe so. People need to understand that there are repercussions for fighting words. He's lucky to be alive. Is your life worth troll activities?

lmao those were fighting words by the bikers?

the NT "tough guys" who act like the biker had this coming are really sensitive. does the "f word" offend you that much? it's not like he told him to stop texting or he was going to MAKE him stop texting.

This needs to be addressed.

This has nothing to do with being a tough guy. We all agree that the car shouldnt have done that, and not every aggressive word deserves a reaction. But you do not tell anyone, especially in that manner, what to do. Tough guy or not, you are apt to cause hostility. His approach was incorrect, and he could have died over it.

But you dont tell anyone what the F!!! to do.

don't move to the side when we're splitting lanes

nor will i ever move while youre splitting lanes. Why should i? the same space you deserve as a motorist or cyclist applies to all.

so you don't hit a biker and catch a case.

(Please know i am not arguing for the sake of arguing)

I am driving the speed limit, the person next to me is driving the speed limit (say we are going any speed, doesnt matter, but me and the guy next to me are riding parallel) you on a motorcyclist decide you wanna pass between us (which is legal in CA) I have to move my car to the left, so you can go through with less obstruction?

And please explain why I need to move?

dudes on bikes are to be treated as cars with the space you give them. ex. you dont tailgait a car, you sure as hell dont wanna tailgait a bike, cause well, its easier to hurt them. If car drivers need to give bicyclist room and respect their space, how come you dont do the same? Why do i need to endanger myself by hugging the lane/guardrail/barrier/on-coming traffic or what have you?

Thank you zapatohead408 zapatohead408

Why should you move?
Same reason you hold the door for others, or say bless you when they sneeze, re-rack your weights at the gym. Same reason I leave my hand out saying thank you to those who make it safer for myself and others on the road when they move aside for myself and other bikers. Common courtesy.

When im riding my bike and see someone texting and driving or anything else that would make them not pay attention to the road, I get away from them. Not sure why this guy would want to go in front of someone who hes accusing of not paying attention. Dont see anything wrong with someone asking someone to pay more attention to driving because they're risking other peoples lives, not just their own. Of course he could have suggested it a lot differently to the driver though.

Why is this relevant at all?.

Because it clearly tells us that when he's at stop lights, he himself checks his phone periodically. Probably also uses it as a navigational tool which would require him to shift his focus off the road while he's riding to focus on the directions.

No other reason to have his phone there if that weren't the case.

So it just further speaks to his hypocrisy.

Dude on the bike is a massively hypocritical d-bag, period.

Last edited:

Why is this relevant at all?.

Because it clearly tells us that when he's at stop lights, he himself checks his phone periodically. Probably also uses it as a navigational tool which would require him to shift his focus off the road while he's riding to focus on the directions.

No other reason to have his phone there if that weren't the case.

So it just further speaks to his hypocrisy.

Dude on the bike is a massively hypocritical d-bag, period.
How's he going to check his phone when he has gloves on? Unless they make conductive motorcycle gloves, your phone us useless in that position. I can barely get my phone to function when I'm wearing light running gloves, let alone thick gloves like that.

How's he going to check his phone when he has gloves on? Unless they make conductive motorcycle gloves, your phone us useless in that position. I can barely get my phone to function when I'm wearing light running gloves, let alone thick gloves like that.

His phone is mounted on his bike, you're not convincing me that he doesn't have it there for easy access.

You're just not.

:lol:

Also just peeped how homie was chilling in the crosswalk, over the solid white line, and the light is still red.

But I'm sure you dudes will find a way to justify that.

Last edited:
His phone is mounted on his bike, you're not convincing me that he doesn't have it there for easy access.

You're just not.

:lol:

Also just peeped how homie was chilling in the crosswalk, over the solid white line, and the light is still red.

I didn't think this needed to be explained but some people they just have to ask :lol:

What's ironic is that HIS phone can be seen sitting right in front of him :lol:

Look at the bottom left at the beginning of the vid :rofl:

Why is this relevant at all?

I believe so. People need to understand that there are repercussions for fighting words. He's lucky to be alive. Is your life worth troll activities?

lmao those were fighting words by the bikers?

the NT "tough guys" who act like the biker had this coming are really sensitive. does the "f word" offend you that much? it's not like he told him to stop texting or he was going to MAKE him stop texting.

This needs to be addressed.

This has nothing to do with being a tough guy. We all agree that the car shouldnt have done that, and not every aggressive word deserves a reaction. But you do not tell anyone, especially in that manner, what to do. Tough guy or not, you are apt to cause hostility. His approach was incorrect, and he could have died over it.

But you dont tell anyone what the F!!! to do.

don't move to the side when we're splitting lanes

nor will i ever move while youre splitting lanes. Why should i? the same space you deserve as a motorist or cyclist applies to all.

so you don't hit a biker and catch a case.

(Please know i am not arguing for the sake of arguing)

I am driving the speed limit, the person next to me is driving the speed limit (say we are going any speed, doesnt matter, but me and the guy next to me are riding parallel) you on a motorcyclist decide you wanna pass between us (which is legal in CA) I have to move my car to the left, so you can go through with less obstruction?

And please explain why I need to move?

dudes on bikes are to be treated as cars with the space you give them. ex. you dont tailgait a car, you sure as hell dont wanna tailgait a bike, cause well, its easier to hurt them. If car drivers need to give bicyclist room and respect their space, how come you dont do the same? Why do i need to endanger myself by hugging the lane/guardrail/barrier/on-coming traffic or what have you?

Thank you zapatohead408 zapatohead408

Why should you move?
Same reason you hold the door for others, or say bless you when they sneeze, re-rack your weights at the gym. Same reason I leave my hand out saying thank you to those who make it safer for myself and others on the road when they move aside for myself and other bikers. Common courtesy.

O, so no reason at all. cool. LOLOL
jk, but come on man, they cant want the respect and space that a car gets yet dont give the same courtesy.

jk, but come on man, they cant want the respect and space that a car gets yet dont give the same courtesy.
Dudes are in denial :lol:

It's like walking on the cross walk. By law YES the cars should stop for you, BUT do you walk with your head up and your eyes closed assuming people will ALL the time? NO, you still look both was and assure that it's safe to go before to begin to walk. COMMON SENSE, presence of mind....... You know.... Those things

Exactly.

Fact is a lot of sport bikers show a brazen disregard for other drivers.

They won't hesitate for one moment to create liability for others.

Just selfish honestly. You want folks to be on the look out for you but you yourselves won't observe the law.

The ones in travel in packs are the worse
Mob mentality

The ones in travel in packs are the worse
Mob mentality

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Seriously though, I hope they know they look like epic jackasses when they congregate on public roads/highways and start doing wreckless things in unison.

Nobody impressed bruh. Nobody.

You're just not.

laugh.gif

I'm no bike expert, so please explain how you access your phone while on a bike. Are there special gloves, or do you just take them off?

I'm no bike expert, so please explain how you access your phone while on a bike. Are there special gloves, or do you just take them off?

They make gloves that the index finger can be used on phones. I have one and it doesn't work.

Didn't watch the video to see if it's related.. But I hate when white people feel the need to talk differently around you. (Minorities)

^ It's not related at all and the video has nothing to do with white privilege, good input tho

Dude on the bike didn't politely say not to use your phone, so he deserves to potentially die. NT logic. I worry about some types of people on here

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom