When Pigs Fly: The Death of OiNK, the Birth of Dissent [...]

I agree 1000% with Deep
I agree the industry is shady and messed up.
But I'll still buy the albums, because I don't get the opportunity to go to a Jay-Z show or many others that often.
But pretty much everything deep touched on, I agree with.
TEAMMUSICFORUM
Where Your Opinion is Wrong
And Lauryn Hill isn't on Lil' Wayne's level.​

Read it on my lunch break. i buy what i like. the music industry is too scattered with club music. you buy the record and you never hear from the artist again so the labe signs another artist and puts out another garbage record. like dude said about oink i dunno how many artist i never heard of but now i like their music.
Looking to Upgrade Your Computer or Build Your Own?
Brand New Core 2 Duo Motherboard w/Retail Copy of Vista Ultimate $200 shipped(Over $700 Value) Super Steal!

"Ayo son im on a bench high eatin chicken wings and french fries" --Cormega

That was worth the read...
I've been thinking about how this music thing is gonna be in the future, in terms of artists making a living off of it.....the internet for musicians it's the best advertising you can get, but that doesn't translate into something that you can take to the bank and eat off of. 500,000 listens on myspace isn't going to pay your phone bill.
Not saying the majors are great, but if it wasn't for them would we know who someone like John Mayer or Alica keys is? or would they just be a really good singer/songwriter you heard of online and bump in your car on the way to work.

I'm talking about up and coming artists really, someone that's well established and has a fan base should really be thinking of ways to make money besides cd's
Someone that's new on the other hand, might have a good buzz online, and people always check for them, but people woudn't drop the money for an album, like Deep pointed out even established artists like the Clipse are throwing out horrible numbers, so if fans won't buy their music and new comer definitely won't be seeing the register.
Wale is the best example I can think of right now, who turned internet fame into something lucrative...I don't even know if he's signed, but he's doing shows and probably getting some change off that...don't know how well he's eating though. But he's not getting money from his songs, all those are floating around free online, he's getting paid for doing shows...the songs were just promotional tools.

I really think music is going to end up being something free, which might be a good thing because then only the passionate will continue to do it...people might pay for it if they like it....but have you ever seen used some software that says..."if you like this software, please donate"...how many times have you donated, regardless of how much you use the program?

I'm rambling now...I'm done

www.soundclick.com/Flu1512

Quote:
The point is, I'm still laughing at the folks that still using torrents to grab their stuff.
Keep the Sonics in Seattle
KEVIN / & JEFF/ & Wally / & Chris / & Luke / & Earl / & Damien / & Nick / & Johan

Back
Top Bottom