When selling stuff with paypal do you have your buyers do this?

10,838
11
Joined Jul 1, 2009
Send the payment as a gift so that you don't get hit with paypal fees.

I've been doing this for a while now and its a perfect way to get around that b.s 4% fee that paypal charges.
 
548
224
Joined Mar 8, 2004
pretty sure when you do that, BUYER pay the extra fee, aka what would have been taken out on your end. But if thats what they wanna do all the power to you. smart.
 
10,838
11
Joined Jul 1, 2009
no they don't i have buyers send it that way and whenever i buy stuff online outside of ebay i send it as a gift and the sellers are usually suprised when they realize that they didn't get hit with the fees.
 
9,627
14
Joined Jul 19, 2008
It is an extra cost if you're buying something and send payment as a gift.

Which I have done for almost a month or two now.
 

baby jumpman

Staff member
5,369
442
Joined Dec 25, 2006
Yes, most people usually send it since I have plenty of refs. But some people are reluctant at first, which is understandable.
 
3,476
36
Joined Aug 18, 2009
Originally Posted by KMun44

pretty sure when you do that, BUYER pay the extra fee, aka what would have been taken out on your end. But if thats what they wanna do all the power to you. smart.
Once you switch over to a premium account, that doesn't happen.
 
17,227
10,753
Joined Feb 14, 2007
Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

isn't it easier to scam if it's sent as a gift ..
yeah, b/c you can't dispute it.  Luckily, I haven't had any problems yet
 
10,838
11
Joined Jul 1, 2009
Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

isn't it easier to scam if it's sent as a gift ..
yeah,   i always give the buyer my refs, offer them my cell number to text me at and tell them they can either send the payment as a gift or pay the extra 4% to cover the fees and if they don't want to do neither then ill just hold on to my stuff and they can buy elsewhere. 

paypal fees are rediculous
 
1,806
65
Joined Mar 11, 2008
yea been doing this but never send someone money who you dont trust tho or you will be sol if they dont send the item cause paypal will likely do nothing to help out on you the buyers end
 
14,870
3,811
Joined May 25, 2001
Originally Posted by tvanterpool

yea been doing this but never send someone money who you dont trust tho or you will be sol if they dont send the item cause paypal will likely do nothing to help out on you the buyers end
People who think it doesn't make a difference when sellers make a 5$ buy it now and 245$ shipping don't realize this until it's too late.
 
Top Bottom