When selling stuff with paypal do you have your buyers do this?

Send the payment as a gift so that you don't get hit with paypal fees.

I've been doing this for a while now and its a perfect way to get around that b.s 4% fee that paypal charges.

really?

nerd.gif

im interested in those hats in ur sig BTW

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

pretty sure when you do that, BUYER pay the extra fee, aka what would have been taken out on your end. But if thats what they wanna do all the power to you. smart.

no they don't i have buyers send it that way and whenever i buy stuff online outside of ebay i send it as a gift and the sellers are usually suprised when they realize that they didn't get hit with the fees.

It is an extra cost if you're buying something and send payment as a gift.

Which I have done for almost a month or two now.

Yes, most people usually send it since I have plenty of refs. But some people are reluctant at first, which is understandable.

Originally Posted by KMun44

pretty sure when you do that, BUYER pay the extra fee, aka what would have been taken out on your end. But if thats what they wanna do all the power to you. smart.
Once you switch over to a premium account, that doesn't happen.

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

isn't it easier to scam if it's sent as a gift ..

yeah, b/c you can't dispute it.  Luckily, I haven't had any problems yet

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

isn't it easier to scam if it's sent as a gift ..

yeah,   i always give the buyer my refs, offer them my cell number to text me at and tell them they can either send the payment as a gift or pay the extra 4% to cover the fees and if they don't want to do neither then ill just hold on to my stuff and they can buy elsewhere. 

paypal fees are rediculous

yea been doing this but never send someone money who you dont trust tho or you will be sol if they dont send the item cause paypal will likely do nothing to help out on you the buyers end

Originally Posted by tvanterpool

yea been doing this but never send someone money who you dont trust tho or you will be sol if they dont send the item cause paypal will likely do nothing to help out on you the buyers end

People who think it doesn't make a difference when sellers make a 5$ buy it now and 245$ shipping don't realize this until it's too late.

Back
Top Bottom