When / What was the downfall of the NBA ?

also one of the reasons could be that the best player in the league hasnt won consistantly the way mj, larry and magic

-in the 90s jordan no doubt the best player in the NBA and he won MVPs and won chips...same for bird and magic they were the best players in the 80s by far andthey won MVPs and chips during that era too
-the MVP has been ridiculous now...steve with 2 MVPs?...more than shaq, kobe and iverson?...dirk has the same amount of MVPs as shaq, iverson and kobe?

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Get over it. There's just way too much competition for your money. Everything's diluted as a result.
The NBA's still as compelling to me as it ever was.
That's to you .

But in reality ... it isn't .

The MLB is still HUGE IMO , but the NBA ? Ehhhh , not so much .

I don't hear , "did you watch the _____ game ?"

I don't see people wearing jerseys , I don't see basketball anywhere except ESPN .

Basketball used to be EVERYWHERE .

donaghy.jpg

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by Burns1923

The NBA today isn't even real; it's marketed entertainment.

The players of the 80s and 90s were of more traditional generations when a focus on working hard earned you success.

The current generation is over-hyped and over-paid, and what passes for quality basketball now would be laughed at 15-25 years ago.

The league is exploited for monetary gain.

Even stuff like arenas has taken some of the uniqueness away. Teams destroyed or left historic arenas to play in generic, lifeless venues with 8,000 luxury boxes... all for money.

I could write up a lengthy list of why today's NBA is awful.
i agree burns. and i keep forgetting to ask who that is in your avy...

but yeah, i mean give me players of the 80's and early 90's anyday over today's players. magic, bird, MJ, isiah, drexler, dumars, guys who played the game the right way. fundamentals.

It's actress Bridget Moynahan. (Tom Brady traded down with Gisele. I'll take Bridget any and every day of the week. And to top it off, she was captain of her high school basketball team. Beautiful and plays basketball. *sighs*
eek.gif
)
bridget-moynahan-cocktail-party-and-intimate-dinner-in-celebration-of-the-cartier-charity-love-bracelet-06Wtc0.jpg
oh wow, she's nice.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

when ppl like mytoaster and prettyplaya actually think Lebron will be better than jordan
They really think this ?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom