When will you retire from the shoe game

essentially i have. the arrival of my kid changes things a bit.

i just need me some x's and xvi's and then i'll be set just replacing kicks from my rotation as they slowly die, only picking an extra here or there if i see something special.

essentially i have. the arrival of my kid changes things a bit.

i just need me some x's and xvi's and then i'll be set just replacing kicks from my rotation as they slowly die, only picking an extra here or there if i see something special.

i retired years ago. not a collector anymore...just a wearer. i buy what i like, dont double up, dont go back, dont pay resellers and i wear everything i have.

i retired years ago. not a collector anymore...just a wearer. i buy what i like, dont double up, dont go back, dont pay resellers and i wear everything i have.

Originally Posted by scottiepimpin33

this

Originally Posted by scottiepimpin33

this

I started in late 1996 the shoe game and
Retired in 2007 when i had to save money
To start a family.
Then i came back this year because financial
Matters are settled now.

I started in late 1996 the shoe game and
Retired in 2007 when i had to save money
To start a family.
Then i came back this year because financial
Matters are settled now.

slowing down but not retiring. like a few others have already said, i'll probably just replace my beat pair with new retros when it comes time. that's if the retros don't start looking like a totally different shoe altogether. and damn getting these newer jb releases like that son of mars bs.

have pretty much all the coloways i want from 1-14. also won't be buying one to rock and one to stock anymore since i don't wear my sneakers daily and they stay in good condition. also got bored with having the same colorway, but in a different shoe.

slowing down but not retiring. like a few others have already said, i'll probably just replace my beat pair with new retros when it comes time. that's if the retros don't start looking like a totally different shoe altogether. and damn getting these newer jb releases like that son of mars bs.

have pretty much all the coloways i want from 1-14. also won't be buying one to rock and one to stock anymore since i don't wear my sneakers daily and they stay in good condition. also got bored with having the same colorway, but in a different shoe.

I wont ever retire. I may slow down now and then but wont completely stop. i love footwear too much. and my tastes go waaay beyond nike/JB. im very disappointed in the bad quality on jordans and price hikes on nike/JB so i usually try to cop Js from the good quality days. And nike is always pushing the boundaries on performance sneakers and i like that. but i highly doubt one can str8 up retire from the shoe game. at the end of the day, we ALL NEED something to put on our feet.

I wont ever retire. I may slow down now and then but wont completely stop. i love footwear too much. and my tastes go waaay beyond nike/JB. im very disappointed in the bad quality on jordans and price hikes on nike/JB so i usually try to cop Js from the good quality days. And nike is always pushing the boundaries on performance sneakers and i like that. but i highly doubt one can str8 up retire from the shoe game. at the end of the day, we ALL NEED something to put on our feet.

As of today, the only MUST HAVE J's on my list are:

*BRED XI's
*Black III's
*White/Red XIV's
*Black IV's
*White Cement IV's
*White/Red V's
*Concord XI's

Thankfully the majority of these kicks will release between now and December 2012 so I can give my bank account a rest! Ideally I'd like to double up on each one and I'd be good for about another 5-8 years. I wear all of my kicks but I keep them in rotation so I figure they'll last me quite awhile.

As of today, the only MUST HAVE J's on my list are:

*BRED XI's
*Black III's
*White/Red XIV's
*Black IV's
*White Cement IV's
*White/Red V's
*Concord XI's

Thankfully the majority of these kicks will release between now and December 2012 so I can give my bank account a rest! Ideally I'd like to double up on each one and I'd be good for about another 5-8 years. I wear all of my kicks but I keep them in rotation so I figure they'll last me quite awhile.

Two more purchase for me.  The Concord and Feb 18, when the IV Cement comes out. These two will be my last purchase for myself. I'll continue buying for my son as he grows, he's 4 now.

Two more purchase for me.  The Concord and Feb 18, when the IV Cement comes out. These two will be my last purchase for myself. I'll continue buying for my son as he grows, he's 4 now.

I agree you slow down
wink.gif
 and I have slowed down. I only buy colorways I do not have.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom