When you first get a girl's number, what kind of stuff do you text her?

usherplaylist

Banned
I am recently single and I think I need to perfect my text game.  Like I'll be really charming and funny to a girl, enough for her to want to hang out and give me her number.  But then, the next thing I know she's flaking hard on me.  One girl even said I was creepy.
laugh.gif
alien.gif
I have to assume my humor doesn't translate very well via text? 
embarassed.gif
For instance, it snowed a bunch last week and I sent a few girls "Meet me at 10:15AM outside the BIO building and let's make some snow angels." I thought that was kinda funny, and random (obviously I wasn't serious) - no response.
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Other examples:

"Princess cut or round?" (as in engagement ring).  Obviously I'm not that sprung on these girls, it's just a random text to elicit some banter.  Yet only one girl really got it, and she re, "I think we should get finger tattoos."
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

"I just made a Justin Bieber iTunes playlist...you want to breeze by later?"
laugh.gif

"I just bought a soccer ball, you wanna kick it?

Sometimes I'll even do some foolish like send every blonde in my BlackBerry, "This is a mass text to all cute brunettes: Who wants to go to the game tonight?"
laugh.gif

Are there rules that you have to keep the sarcasm light, and the humor pretty generic when texting a new girl?

Your sense of humor is kinda creepy

Bet those chicks read your text and was like
16h6a2r.gif

Ease up on the direct text and maybe throw an "lol" in there so they know you arent serious

save the humor for face-to-face, I usually be like "hey whats up what you doin", they will usually answer and reply with the same question askin me what I'm doing. Then I'll be like "just bored wanted someooone to talk to or hangout with"

take it from there, texting too much or weird stuff can get you the "creeper" tag with the quickness

Originally Posted by J23S

Your sense of humor is kinda creepy

Bet those chicks read your text and was like
16h6a2r.gif

Ease up on the direct text and maybe throw an "lol" in there so they know you arent serious
laugh.gif
Anyone who meets me immediately knows I'm really sarcastic/facetious.  Usually my humor is the reason the girl wants to kick it, and slides me her digits.  So when I send stuff like that girls REALLY think I want to go make snow angels or go ring shopping?
laugh.gif
alien.gif
tired.gif

I would say be sarcastic when the time is right. It sounds like you start a convo with sarcasm. Try easing in to it. and if you dont through an "lol" in there then they would find you creepy. Even if you don't laugh out loud.

Originally Posted by usherplaylist

I am recently single and I think I need to perfect my text game.  Like I'll be really charming and funny to a girl, you know, enough for her to want to hang out and give me her number.  But then, the next thing I know she's flaking hard on me.  One girl even said I was creepy.
laugh.gif
alien.gif
I have to assume my humor doesn't translate very well via text?  For instance, it snowed a bunch last week and I sent a few girls "Meet me at 10:15AM and let's make some snow angels." I thought that was kinda funny, and random (obviously I wasn't serious) - no response.
laugh.gif
tired.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]

Originally Posted by usherplaylist

I am recently single and I think I need to perfect my text game.  Like I'll be really charming and funny to a girl, you know, enough for her to want to hang out and give me her number.  But then, the next thing I know she's flaking hard on me.  One girl even said I was creepy.
laugh.gif
alien.gif
I have to assume my humor doesn't translate very well via text?  For instance, it snowed a bunch last week and I sent a few girls "Meet me at 10:15AM and let's make some snow angels." I thought that was kinda funny, and random (obviously I wasn't serious) - no response.
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Or how about I sent a few girls, "Princess cut or round?" (as in engagement ring).  Obviously I'm not that sprung on these girls, it's just a random text to elicit some banter.  Yet only one girl really got it, and she re, "I think we should get finger tattoos."
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Are there rules that you have to keep the sarcasm light, and the humor pretty generic when texting a new girl?

roll.gif
that sounds so weird and stupid

"What dat thang smell like?
smile.gif
"

Make sure you put the smiley face though cause you can say anything and get away with it as long as there is a smiley face behind whatever stupid/obnoxious thing you say.

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-

or you cud break shawty off wit "dat thang look rite win I peeped u so let me hit dat nex tyme i see u guh"

instant smash
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

You do sound creepy
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
tired.gif

This really cute girl told me today I was creepy and to never contact her again.  I just laughed...like clearly she was taking humorous texts way too literal.

"On To The Next One"
- Jay-Z

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

save the humor for face-to-face, I usually be like "hey whats up what you doin", they will usually answer and reply with the same question askin me what I'm doing. Then I'll be like "just bored wanted someooone to talk to or hangout with"

take it from there, texting too much or weird stuff can get you the "creeper" tag with the quickness
this man knows the deal

Back
Top Bottom