When you guys cop in person, do you examine your pair like crazy and make sure it's perfect?

I check all my pairs but I only OD when I buy VIII's (favorite all time Jordans)
When buying the 03 White/Red VIII's I went through almost 10 pairs.
Dude was mad, but I was buying 3 pairs (at slightly over retail) so I made sure I got perfect pairs.

quick checks are enough. if they are the right size and there are no major flaws, i pay right away.
i don't put my shoes in the DS for a long time. so marks on them will be inevitable.

I do the quick check and refuse pairs unless last one and still good that were tried on. Seen way too many Js in the past where I try to get my size and someone with a fat foot tried to squeeze into em and creased the heel up hahahah

it's true that there's nothing worse then buying a shoe VNDS right out of the store...

but i don't go ballistic over the small things.

if i can tell they've been tried on by multiple people, i'll ask for another pair, but a couple of small marks that are basically un-noticeable

doesn't bother me much...

Originally Posted by jordan supreme

it's true that there's nothing worse then buying a shoe VNDS right out of the store...

but i don't go ballistic over the small things.

if i can tell they've been tried on by multiple people, i'll ask for another pair, but a couple of small marks that are basically un-noticeable

doesn't bother me much...

Co-sign. If they obviously look tried on, it's a no go. Any other small marks are fine because more will happen when I wear them.

Yea I usually check my shoes after I get them. But I rarely buy retail so I don't have a chance to check a different pair in case the pair I get is messed up.

Originally Posted by wisache15

Cop and GO!
smile.gif

yeah pretty much. especially on big release dates. i just wanna cop and go home
laugh.gif

Dude it's not that serious, but I will say this, I used to work in the basement at Niketown and you better believe we looked at them, and then we took the good pairs and left the messed up pairs for the customers lol

well asl long as its small imperfections that arent notisable till the shoe is right in front of your fice ill let it slide

i ask for 2 pairs and look at both, picking the better of the 2, mixing if i must. i will usually roll with it unless it is something huge.

yep.specially if the shoeheads here in niketalk have given their insights and remarks about a particular shoe (nike's or jordan's/retros). probably the reason why i didn't buy myself (release date) a pair of the flu game 12 retros. they were simply horrible and the switch from leather to suede was really that awful! i've read the inputs of the nter's back there in North America and seems like everyone is hesitant whether they would buy the powder blue 9's or not. i must say that it really helps because back here in Manila we are also looking forward with the release of the powder blue 9's.

THANKS RED 

I check my shoes for any major flaws.... Tiny Microscopic marks that cant be seen when Im wearing the shoes dont bother me....

When you buy something, always check the product for near perfect condition, unless you're buying a Ferrari.

When I bought my Jordan IV Military's, the left shoe's side flap was longer than the right one. The quality wasn't near perfect condition at all but since it was the last pair for my size, I still bought it for cheaper price. Quality control check for Nike and Jordan Brands are still done by the naked eye.

you want the truth? I think it's pretty pathetic when people do that. I can see checking for major flaws, but EVERY shoe made but CHILDREN in 3rd world countries is going to have something wrong. I hope your house is so clean you could eat off of the floor.

I should probably explain myself a little:

1.) I had plenty of time to kill because my friend was meeting up with me 1-2 hours later.  Yea I know, that still doesn't explain why I went back the second time after I met up with him but...
2.) I think I only went crazy because they're mostly white sneakers.  If it was the citrus IX's for example, I probably wouldn't do anything like that.

But hey, I'm paying retail and that's a lot of money.  I can do that if I want.  And the employees can't hate me that much.  They suggested I go fill out that Nike survey and give them props and I did.  So hopefully it makes them look good.

Originally Posted by darealjkid

i ask for 2 pairs and look at both, picking the better of the 2, mixing if i must. i will usually roll with it unless it is something huge.
Yup

I understand perfectly that if you are gonna spend that much money for a shoe, then it would be wise to take a little peek to see if everything's legit. You dont want to spend that money on any major defects. But if it's just a few tiny scuffs that aint noticeable, or if it's just a few tiny creases, then i usually dont trip over it. SHOES ARE SUPPOSED TO CREASE!!!! YOU ARE GONNA HAVE A LITTLE BIT OF GLUE RUNNING DOWN THE SIDES!!!

Come on people, get over yourselves.

Back
Top Bottom