When you realize your favorite RB doesn't have "it" anymore UNAPPRECIATION....

No disrespect to you Skins/Clinton Portis fans but CP never really had "IT" to begin with. Take away those 2 great years in Denver (product of thesystem) and what do you have, an average maybe slightly above average running back. Now a running back like LT is more deserving of this type of thread butnot Clinton Portis.

Originally Posted by theone2401

I know how you feel Double J's
frown.gif

Hes honestly NEVER been the same since he put on that weight for Gibbs plus he has bone spurs in both ankles. A running back with sore ankles =
sick.gif
. The o-line sucks, offense is a joke, and for someone "so" young he has a lot of miles..shame that. With all that said he looked a lot better last year.

Yeah man...it sucks watching him right now.

When he was in Denver, what did he weigh...200-205 tops? That Gibbs running scheme took a toll on his body. Dude had to bulk up to 225...the beating he tookover the years finally caught up with him. It's sad to say, but I think Cooley might be able to beat him in a foot race at this point
smh.gif

When RB's decline, it isn't gradual...it's SUDDEN. I think that's what we're seeing with CP. It would be one thing if the Skins had ayoung stud RB waiting in the wings, but we got those two bozos in LaFell Betts and Stumpy "No Shake" Cartwright as options #2 & #3...
smh.gif
Drafting a RB or two has to be a priority in 2010...

Originally Posted by Deuce King

No disrespect to you Skins/Clinton Portis fans but CP never really had "IT" to begin with. Take away those 2 great years in Denver (product of the system) and what do you have, an average maybe slightly above average running back. Now a running back like LT is more deserving of this type of thread but not Clinton Portis.
Blasphemy.....absolute horse *##*, deuce...even counting the year where he was injured, he has averaged over 1,200 yards per season in DC...

calling him an "average" or even a "slightly above average" RB shows you have no clue what you're talking about...

[table][tr][th=""]Rushing[/th] [th=""]Receiving[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [/tr][tr][th=""]Year[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Pos[/th] [th=""]No.[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]Att[/th] [th=""]Yds[/th] [th=""]TD[/th] [th=""]Lng[/th] [th=""]Y/A[/th] [th=""]Y/G[/th] [th=""]A/G[/th] [th=""]Rec[/th] [th=""]Yds[/th] [th=""]Y/R[/th] [th=""]TD[/th] [th=""]Lng[/th] [th=""]R/G[/th] [th=""]Y/G[/th] [th=""]YScm[/th] [th=""]RRTD[/th] [th=""]Fmb[/th] [th=""]AV[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2002[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]DEN[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]273[/td] [td]1508[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]59[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]94.3[/td] [td]17.1[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]364[/td] [td]11.0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]66[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]22.8[/td] [td]1872[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003*[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]DEN[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]290[/td] [td]1591[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]122.4[/td] [td]22.3[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]314[/td] [td]8.3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]72[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]24.2[/td] [td]1905[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]16[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]WAS[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]343[/td] [td]1315[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]64[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]87.7[/td] [td]22.9[/td] [td]40[/td] [td]235[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]15.7[/td] [td]1550[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]WAS[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]352[/td] [td]1516[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]4.3[/td] [td]94.8[/td] [td]22.0[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]216[/td] [td]7.2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]13.5[/td] [td]1732[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]WAS[/td] [td]rb[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]127[/td] [td]523[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]4.1[/td] [td]65.4[/td] [td]15.9[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]170[/td] [td]10.0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]74[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]21.3[/td] [td]693[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]WAS[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]325[/td] [td]1262[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]78.9[/td] [td]20.3[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]389[/td] [td]8.3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]54[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]24.3[/td] [td]1651[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]11[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008*[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]WAS[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]342[/td] [td]1487[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]4.3[/td] [td]92.9[/td] [td]21.4[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]218[/td] [td]7.8[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]13.6[/td] [td]1705[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]11[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2009[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]WAS[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]141[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]70.5[/td] [td]17.5[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]6.3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]9.5[/td] [td]160[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by theone2401

I know how you feel Double J's
frown.gif

Hes honestly NEVER been the same since he put on that weight for Gibbs plus he has bone spurs in both ankles. A running back with sore ankles =
sick.gif
. The o-line sucks, offense is a joke, and for someone "so" young he has a lot of miles..shame that. With all that said he looked a lot better last year.

Yeah man...it sucks watching him right now.

When he was in Denver, what did he weigh...200-205 tops? That Gibbs running scheme took a toll on his body. Dude had to bulk up to 225...the beating he took over the years finally caught up with him. It's sad to say, but I think Cooley might be able to beat him in a foot race at this point
smh.gif

When RB's decline, it isn't gradual...it's SUDDEN. I think that's what we're seeing with CP. It would be one thing if the Skins had a young stud RB waiting in the wings, but we got those two bozos in LaFell Betts and Stumpy "No Shake" Cartwright as options #2 & #3...
smh.gif
Drafting a RB or two has to be a priority in 2010...

Completely agree man

indifferent.gif
at the Skins re-signing Betts after his 1000 yd year. Whycan't we be smart with our personnel?

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
FML

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Deuce King

No disrespect to you Skins/Clinton Portis fans but CP never really had "IT" to begin with. Take away those 2 great years in Denver (product of the system) and what do you have, an average maybe slightly above average running back. Now a running back like LT is more deserving of this type of thread but not Clinton Portis.
Blasphemy.....absolute horse *##*, deuce...even counting the year where he was injured, he has averaged over 1,200 yards per season in DC...

calling him an "average" or even a "slightly above average" RB shows you have no clue what you're talking about...

[table][tr][th=""]Rushing[/th] [th=""]Receiving[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [/tr][tr][th=""]Year[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Pos[/th] [th=""]No.[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]Att[/th] [th=""]Yds[/th] [th=""]TD[/th] [th=""]Lng[/th] [th=""]Y/A[/th] [th=""]Y/G[/th] [th=""]A/G[/th] [th=""]Rec[/th] [th=""]Yds[/th] [th=""]Y/R[/th] [th=""]TD[/th] [th=""]Lng[/th] [th=""]R/G[/th] [th=""]Y/G[/th] [th=""]YScm[/th] [th=""]RRTD[/th] [th=""]Fmb[/th] [th=""]AV[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2002[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]DEN[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]273[/td] [td]1508[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]59[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]94.3[/td] [td]17.1[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]364[/td] [td]11.0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]66[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]22.8[/td] [td]1872[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]15[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003*[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]DEN[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]290[/td] [td]1591[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]122.4[/td] [td]22.3[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]314[/td] [td]8.3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]72[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]24.2[/td] [td]1905[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]16[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]WAS[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]343[/td] [td]1315[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]64[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]87.7[/td] [td]22.9[/td] [td]40[/td] [td]235[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]15.7[/td] [td]1550[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]WAS[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]352[/td] [td]1516[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]4.3[/td] [td]94.8[/td] [td]22.0[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]216[/td] [td]7.2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]13.5[/td] [td]1732[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]12[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]WAS[/td] [td]rb[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]127[/td] [td]523[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]4.1[/td] [td]65.4[/td] [td]15.9[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]170[/td] [td]10.0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]74[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]21.3[/td] [td]693[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]WAS[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]325[/td] [td]1262[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]78.9[/td] [td]20.3[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]389[/td] [td]8.3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]54[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]24.3[/td] [td]1651[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]11[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008*[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]WAS[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]342[/td] [td]1487[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]4.3[/td] [td]92.9[/td] [td]21.4[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]218[/td] [td]7.8[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]13.6[/td] [td]1705[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]11[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2009[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]WAS[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]141[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]70.5[/td] [td]17.5[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]6.3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]9.5[/td] [td]160[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
womp womp. four yards a carry isn't anything to write home about. I can get a thousand yards a year ifyou give me the ball every other play too...

but I think Cooley might be able to beat him in a foot race at this point
smh.gif

Ouch.............that's really saying something is "slow foot" Cooley beat Clinton in a foot race
laugh.gif

DoubleJ's, just cause you average 1,200 yards a season doesn't necessarily mean you have "IT". Again, maybe mydefinition and yours of having "IT" is completely different, but at no point in time in the league would I say Clinton Portis was the best runningback in the league. Top 5 a couple of seasons, but definitely not #1 or #2, and that's what truly seperates you from the pack. It's quite clear tosee that LT has fallen off, for now at least. That's a guy that I would say have "IT" and then just fell by the wayside. Same thing I would saytowards Adrian Peterson if he doesn't put up big numbers anymore, or isn't mentioned as being the best back in the league. The fact of the matter iswhen Clinton Portis came here to DC most Skins fans thought he was going to put up the same numbers that he put up in Denver, and anyone that knows footballwould have told you that Clinton Portis was simply a product of the system in Denver, just like any Duke basketball player for the most part, just like anyUniversity of Florida quarterback, shot out to all you Tim Tebow fans out there
laugh.gif
. Hell, just like MaxElite stated above me, didn't Betts average 1,000 yards, and your trying to tell me thatClinton Portis averaging 1,200 yards is suppose to imply that he has "IT", sorry champ but I aint buying it. Again, Clinton Portis is a very goodrunning back, I'm not taking that away from him but at no point in time be it now or later in the future will Clinton Porits be considered the best runningback in the league or even mentioned for the Hall of Fame.

Makes it seem like Barry did us all a favor, retiring while he was still on top so we could never see him slip up.

This thread isn't about when the best RB's in the NFL fall off...it's about when YOUR (as in MY) favorite RB has lost a step and you can see hiscareer winding down. Other people added RB's that they've noticed over the years like LT, Shaun Alexander, Larry Johnson, etc etc....

On to what you said....

what do you have, an average maybe slightly above average running back.

This is what I took issue with...anyone who follows the NFL knows that there is no part of CP's game since he came into the league that translates to himbeing "average" or "slightly above average" as you put it. He is a damn good RB, and has been for a long time. It's just now that thewheels are starting to fall off on him. Dude has been a model of consistency for the past 7+ years. The fact that you are slighting him AVERAGING 1,200 yardsper season is ridiculous. You have PREMIER RB's in the NFL who haven't even sniffed 1,200 yards in a season, or even averaged that in theircareers....no one in this thread called him the best RB in the league or a future HOF'er....you are looking for an argument when there wasn't any issueto begin with. You are a known Skins hater...we know this. However, when your blind hatred for anything related to the Skins interferes with any sort ofobjectivity, it's kinda hard to take you or your viewpoints seriously.

Again, Clinton Portis is a very good running back,

So, why didn't you just state this from the jump instead of calling him an "average" or "slightly above average" RB? Again...this isyou (from your previous comments) starting an argument when there shouldn't be one...

womp womp. four yards a carry isn't anything to write home about. I can get a thousand yards a year if you give me the ball every other play too...

One of the dumbest things I have read on NT today...go sit down.

airmaxpenny1 wrote:
Is Fred Taylor human?
Fred Taylor is part freak. Also, IMO I think I a lot of his longevity has to due that he missed a bunch of games early in his career due toinjury. So he may have a little less wear and tear than a normal running back his age who didn't miss as many games early in their career.

If we are talking about RBs who lost "it" lest not forget:

large_Jamal-Lewis.jpg

i know you can say this about a lot of guys, but if fred t wasnt so damn injury prone just imagine the #'s he could have put up

Originally Posted by sonunox34

Originally Posted by mjd77

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

speaking of rb's
ryan grant... get outta here...

I wouldn't give up on Grant just yet. His offensive line sucks.
My faith in him is running out fast. When will TT sign some free agent veterans for our line??

It's true TT didn't really attempt to address any of the teams needs in the offseason, which blows my mind. I know he insists on developing throughthe draft and doesn't want to sign veterans so if there is no deep playoff run this year, I'd get rid of him. Probably McCarthy too. He's averageat best, IMO. Remember the veteran "pieces" they signed that finally put them over the top and got them the superbowl trophy? I just think you haveto have the right mix of young players and veterans to get to the top.

It's sad at first but then when your team brings in a young, fresh RB with burst and quickness, it's one of the more exciting things to watch. For theCowboys, seeing Julius Jones emerge on the scene was great after getting used to watching an aging Emmitt Smith have no impact on the game anymore. That'swhy the Browns need to just give James Davis the starting job and try to salvage whatever they can on offense.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Priest Holmes hit a wall? dude basically had a career ending neck injury ....

True...I was just thinking of other RBs in the past few years who were
eek.gif

Again, Clinton Portis is a very good running back,

So, why didn't you just state this from the jump instead of calling him an "average" or "slightly above average" RB? Again...this is you (from your previous comments) starting an argument when there shouldn't be one...

Slightly above average doesn't equate to being a very good running back to you?? There's a big difference between being great and being good. ClintonPortis on any given day falls into the "good" category. I will say this again, at best Clinton Portis is slightly above average/good.

You have PREMIER RB's in the NFL who haven't even sniffed 1,200 yards in a season, or even averaged that in their careers
Start naming names DoubleJ's name...............

This thread isn't about when the best RB's in the NFL fall off...it's about when YOUR (as in MY) favorite RB has lost a step and you can see his career winding down. Other people added RB's that they've noticed over the years like LT, Shaun Alexander, Larry Johnson, etc etc....

Just look at the running backs you listed champ. All of those running backs had "IT" as anyone could have made a clear cut argument that anyone ofthose running backs were the BEST in the league during a particular season. There is no one that could say that Clinton Portis was the best running back anyyear that he's been in the league those far. Again, that's my definition of having "IT". Like I said earlier.......................Again,maybe my definition and yours of having "IT" is completely different,

However, when your blind hatred for anything related to the Skins interferes with any sort of objectivity, it's kinda hard to take you or your viewpoints seriously.

I had the Skins finishing at least second or higher in the division before the season begain this year, you call that blind hatred??

Sadly I think Brian Westbrook is coming to this point as well. He has not looked the same at all the past two seasons. Just does not have the same burst.Hopefully he proves me wrong but I do believe he is starting to decline.

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

speaking of rb's
ryan grant AND matt forte... get outta here...
fixed for accuracy ... someone bring up that matt forte is top 15 or whatever thread we were arguing about ... matt forte is that hot, wet garbage...

cedric benson > forte & grant combined ...

Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP12

Sadly I think Brian Westbrook is coming to this point as well. He has not looked the same at all the past two seasons. Just does not have the same burst. Hopefully he proves me wrong but I do believe he is starting to decline.
frown.gif

sadly, i might agree with you.. i mean mccoy is looking good (other than swinging the damn ball while running with it), but i know the end is getting near forwestie.. at least the team is prepared for it

Its crazy to see how fast it can happen..

I grew up w/ ahman green and I always followed his career and he was one of the better RB's in the league at one point then all of the sudden he didnt haveit anymore..

a few years ago rudi johnson was good and the next year he's cut...

i'm surprised nobody mentioned edgerrin james..

Back
Top Bottom