Where can I find a non-whack DJ?

Lookin for a DJ for the wedding, but all the ones from wedding websites prolly all whack or cheesy. I don't even know where to start lookin...

WHat's your budget? What's your crowd like? When is the wedding? What kind of music do you want? I might have someone i recommend based on your answers... lmk

WHat's your budget?

Budget is good but reasonable... not sure what the going rate is but from what I'm seeing you can spend a couple hundred upwards of $10k, but I'm thinking under $4k would be nice but thats without much research (obviosuly have a good sound system and hopefully some lights too)

What's your crowd like?

Mostly under 30s but then all our family so there's older people in their 40s and 50s too all mixed backgrounds

When is the wedding?

It's the second week of December on a weeknight

What kind of music do you want?

Hip Hop and RnB from early 90's to current...
I dunno how DJ's work like I wouldn't tell a doctor how to operate on me, so we need a DJ that wont be offended if we give him a list of songs to play...
We have a bunch of songs that are on our "must be played" list...
Also, we want someone who will get the party goin like a hype man but not over the top... so they gatta have a good personality

don't have his contact on hand but his twitter handle is --> @DJ_Oso_Fresh 

he has an awesome set

:wow: :pimp: @ an OSO Fresh mention.

He's good people.

I just sent a tweet to him.

Last edited:
@JesusSHuttlesworth LMAO!! Def NOT jairo, although he's an ILL Ipad DJ, lol...

@SneaksNCars Thanks for the answers, With that budget you should be able to trip and land on a DJ, lol. There's a bunch of NTers on here that Spin in this city's "Sneakerhead/hipster/Streetwear" scene that Rock, you can try reaching out to them...
Jerome Baker III
Spinser Tracy
DJ Alizay
Harry Hotter
Tom Lim

And although I've never heard her spin, i'm SURE DJ Heat gets down (i mean, she IS on PGC)...

Good Luck Fam!

@B Fresco you know how I can get in touch with DJ Alizay? I sent out something on his website but he hasn't updated it in a long time so I dunno if he's ganna see it.

Sneaks, I would say hit him up on twitter or IG... prob the easiest way to get at him... I don't know him personally, but do know folks that do know him, so maybe i can get you some contact info... There's plenty of NTers on here who DO know him personally, so maybe they can get you that info quicker via DM...

So everything good sneaks?

I emailed a few people... only heard back from @DCshoechick aka DJ Heat

You had mentioned OSOFresh... I def sent an email on 8/4 to his osofresh.com email account, if you know happen to talk to him let him know or you could PM me and I'll send you my contact info to pass along.

I tried emailing and tweeting out to DJ Alizay too nothing... so if anyone who knows him too feel free to hit me up with his booking info or to get my contact info.

...What's up with these DJ's man, they don't need any extra sneaker money?

^Hopefully that goes down with Oso.

He hit me back on the DM and said he'd like to talk specifics and all that good stuff.

Dj Cuban . He does a lot of wedding. He also dj at Ibiza and other places. Djinmd301.com
He also have dj at my events in my store. Real good

Last edited:
DJ Quartermane (sp).

Does the Very Smart Brothers 90s Parties every first Saturday at Liv on U Street.

Back
Top Bottom