Where Can I Find / What Are Some Good Restaurant Work Shoes?

I recently just got a job at a restaurant and was wondering what some good shoes would be to use, and if nothing else, where I might be able to find some.  The dudes working in my area told me from the jump that my all-black Dunks were going to get messed up, and by the end of my shift I can't remember the last time I've seen a pair of my shoes with that much junk on them.  In addition, I had a good five or so time times where I almost slipped and bust my behind.  Any tips?

nike air monarch iii

its a cross trainer, but they come in all black

great traction and you can find them almost anywhere for around $50 if not less.

not the greatest looking shoe but it gets the job done

im pretty sure hes talking about slip traction not running traction..lol

man just get them shoes for crews joints....they got shoes and boots..straight black...slip resistant with good traction...can't go wrong with those...

Originally Posted by gil23

im pretty sure hes talking about slip traction not running traction..lol

im pretty sure i was talking about slip traction also...considering i also work in a restaurant....

they also sell all black Reeboks that are slip resistance..especially made for those kinds of jobs

Thanks for all the tips, guys.  I've been noticing a lot of people wearing low-cut Oxford style shoes that they say only run a good $25 or so from Wal-Mart, so I'm going to check those out.  I just don't want to be walking around in anything too thin, but at the same time nothing too heavy, either.

go to walmart or payless and they have some non-skid shoes; they're perfect for a restaurant job. no need to buy name brand shoes.

Originally Posted by minah86

go to walmart or payless and they have some non-skid shoes; they're perfect for a restaurant job. no need to buy name brand shoes.

This.

My gf buys those non skid shoes for like 25-30 from there.

They kinda look like Sketchers.

Get yourself some Rockports.  Sure they look like shoes senior citizens would wear, but they are extremely comfy.  In the 2 years of my retail career, they were the best.  I've tried many brands, from Diesel to whatever...but nothing even comes close to durability and comfort level.

They were so comfy that I got the same pair of shoes years later when I landed an internship at NASA where I would need to walk around the 2 mile area a lot.

Ask Sshanique
laugh.gif

theres these non slip grip sticky pads.
u put them on the bottoms of ur shoes.
u can virtually wear ne shoe

shoes for crews are good because they are water resistant, sooo if u spillstuff on em your sock wont get wet, i worked at applebees

i was rockin those nonslip grip pads with, my all black 10s.

Like they said before KLOGS !

I cook and its the only shoes that have lasted me more than 2 months. Plus they are light as hell and comfy, I've worked many 12-14 hr shifts with no soreness. $60 and they are going strong for a 1.5 years.

The downside is everyone will clown you but I always have a spare in the car in case I go anywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom