Where did the concept of Love originate from? Vol. Your Opinion

Hmm, first place I heard about it was studying the Greek classics. But I'm sure it, the concept of love, comes up first in whatever the first written language was, so... I don't know what the first written, recorded language was.

Well I mean its kinda a feeling caused by chemistry in your brain.

Now the concept of the love of your life... that I unno

I'll me an elitist and say 2Lips and I are on the right track. It originates and exists only because the chemistry in your brain allows it to.

going through stages in life feeling different emotions off and on and learning from life

[h3]1 John 4:7-10[/h3]
New International Version (NIV)

[h5]God’s Love and Ours[/h5] [sup]7[/sup] Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. [sup]8[/sup] Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. [sup]9[/sup] This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. [sup]10[/sup] This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

Great question. I would imagine it came from not knowing why connections to some were so much stronger than others. Someone had to to put a label on it.

I thought it was inate
grin.gif

Mortality.

We are all going to die someday; today may be our last day. But we don't want it to be. As much as we may or may not love our lives, we still want to live longer; prosper; mature; settle down; find love.

Knowing that our life is perpetually moribund, we look for ways to make the days allotted us the most enjoyable and livable.

We set ourselves up for failure everyday by setting ourselves up for success. We play our parts and our roles within society just to find the one.

But before we find the one, we have to prove to ourselves our own self-worth. So we psych ourslelves out. We smile at people we hate; we got to school and work in order to be "successful"; we hit the gyms and clubs to be a part of a crowd; we vote; we donate to charity; we obey the law; we keep good credit,

It's all a ploy. The only reason we ever do anything is because we don't want to be miserable with no money to buy food, shelter, and clothes, or that good education. We know that if we don't have the essentials, we've moved ourselves that much farther out of the running.

The race of course is to find an ideal mate. Someone you can depend on to make you feel good when the world says you shouldn't. Someone who will help you further proliferate the world. The funny thing is everyone is in this race, sure there are those who don't believe in relationships or even interaction with other people, but they are still very aware of it and just waiting for the right person, right opportunity.

So, it's death being certain and our future being very much the opposite is where this concept of love originated from. No one wants to die alone or atleast without knowing what that feeling of being with someone feels like.

Even Adam and Eve were carefree in their immortal days, but once they became aware of themselves, they held on tight to each other for dear life.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Mortality.

We are all going to die someday; today may be our last day. But we don't want it to be. As much as we may or may not love our lives, we still want to live longer; prosper; mature; settle down; find love.

Knowing that our life is perpetually moribund, we look for ways to make the days allotted us the most enjoyable and livable.

We set ourselves up for failure everyday by setting ourselves up for success. We play our parts and our roles within society just to find the one.

But before we find the one, we have to prove to ourselves our own self-worth. So we psych ourslelves out. We smile at people we hate; we got to school and work in order to be "successful"; we hit the gyms and clubs to be a part of a crowd; we vote; we donate to charity; we obey the law; we keep good credit,

It's all a ploy. The only reason we ever do anything is because we don't want to be miserable with no money to buy food, shelter, and clothes, or that good education. We know that if we don't have the essentials, we've moved ourselves that much farther out of the running.

The race of course is to find an ideal mate. Someone you can depend on to make you feel good when the world says you shouldn't. Someone who will help you further proliferate the world. The funny thing is everyone is in this race, sure there are those who don't believe in relationships or even interaction with other people, but they are still very aware of it and just waiting for the right person, right opportunity.

So, it's death being certain and our future being very much the opposite is where this concept of love originated from. No one wants to die alone or atleast without knowing what that feeling of being with someone feels like.

Even Adam and Eve were carefree in their immortal days, but once they became aware of themselves, they held on tight to each other for dear life.

Even though, I don't agree (almost at all) this is worth a read and is something to ponder about.

Originally Posted by LittlePeteWrigley

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Mortality.

Even though, I don't agree (almost at all) this is worth a read and is something to ponder about.
Definitely some interesting points in there.

Back
Top Bottom