Where Do We Go From Here?

Hello Nike Talk i started this post to just get some things of my chest and ask other opinion. some of Jordan brands recent and future releases have drawn me to think a lot i am not trying to change any one mind or bash on the band because i will alway have a passion for this brand.

But.lets start with the clothing jordan brand has really been milking this LS thing. don't get me wrong there are a lot of good LS releases. but what make me angry is they release all these cloths for the pea pods and not so many for the more favored color way the Aqua VIII's.
and the new cloths i have seen posted are horrible.

Next are the shoes they are doing pretty good in that area. but prolonging the pictures of the XX3 is not cool they should be celebrating the release of the last Air Jordan not hiding it this is not the way to build hype it's away to make me feel like they are not being loyal to some one who has been buying air jordan since 1985 or any other collector. but i am not a collector i am some one who buys a shoe because i like them not just because they came out. or if i don't get them it will @#%$ up my rep.i am a grown @#%$ man @#%$ what any body thinks.
i like the countdown package idea i think it great for those who would like a certain retro. but there are some retro color ways that can go to hell and the cloths to go along with it. there will soon be a generation that will know jordan for his shoes and not his game.

i can see why 2008 could be the last. because it seems like they just want are MONEY.

so i ask you?
how do you feel about the brand?
how do you feel about not seeing the XX3?
the people that were around when it all started how do you feel the brand has changed?
and other thoughts
thinks.

we go no where, lawls
laugh.gif

Good Topic

I read this a few times.. and i understand you

I've been buying Jordans for the past few years of my life but only the ones i want.. and personally i think any shoe after 14 is quite uglee..

and i will not buy or wear them..

they can hide the 23 all they want lol.. i wont spend 230 on 1 shoe.. that is some books for me next semester .. or money towards my car..

If jordan brand is really over.. then it will pain me 2 see it go.. but im grown.. i;ll just move on.. im 19 and in college.. so i have just begun my life..

there is more 2 life then shoes..

R.I.P JB ..

A |I| R
M |A| N
A |N| F

The end of Jordans, OMG
10 and half in my Air Force One, gimme 2 purr- Murphy Lee

OG NT member since March 15th 2001 with enough grapefruit to use government

Clothes is spelled like this.......not cloths..........but i feel where u comin from
--TEAM STOP SNITCHIN--OG MEMBER #1--

I gotta shoe fettish I be in shoe city every week fifty pairs of new nike airs aint cheap..

i was done once my X's started squeaking...i'll only buy the ones i've never had or always wanted ( IF they don't EFF up the retro)....NIKE is gettin my money now....and ebay sellers too. a few guys on here as well :lol:
laugh.gif

"The Retro Died in 2001..."

Quote:
But.lets start with the clothing jordan brand has really been milking this LS thing. don't get me wrong there are a lot of good LS releases. but what make me angry is they release all these cloths for the pea pods and not so many for the more favored color way the Aqua VIII's.
and the new cloths i have seen posted are horrible.

Next are the shoes they are doing pretty good in that area. but prolonging the pictures of the XX3 is not cool they should be celebrating the release of the last Air Jordan not hiding it this is not the way to build hype it's away to make me feel like they are not being loyal to some one who has been buying air jordan since 1985 or any other collector. but i am not a collector i am some one who buys a shoe because i like them not just because they came out. or if i don't get them it will up my rep.i am a grown man what any body thinks.
i like the countdown package idea i think it great for those who would like a certain retro. but there are some retro color ways that can go to hell and the cloths to go along with it. there will soon be a generation that will know jordan for his shoes and not his game.

i can see why 2008 could be the last. because it seems like they just want are MONEY.

so i ask you?
how do you feel about the brand?
how do you feel about not seeing the XX3?
the people that were around when it all started how do you feel the brand has changed?
and other thoughts
production.

And at the same time, I believe this is great for the jordan brand. The XX, XXI, XXII, even going back as far as the XVII and XVI, when they all leaked, there were many people that said :wow:
eek.gif
initially, then quickly went into more of a :x
sick.gif
and slowly went back to :smokin
smokin.gif
. By making us wait for the shoe, they can hope to gain more sales while people are still in the initial :wow:
eek.gif
ed, right?

I need to quote this one again:
Quote:
i like the countdown package idea i think it great for those who would like a certain retro. but there are some retro color ways that can go to hell and the cloths to go along with it
"See is what you can do, C is what you can't be"- C Money
AIM- C Money my name/CRR Shop
TE NNESSEE TITANS
Vince Breaking The Curse For Eddie​

thinks to every one who posted there opinions but i should have made it known that i was not talking about clothing for the countdown packages. but about certain retro clothes like the jordan zip up hoody thats smiler to the LRG dead serious. you had some great points and i have a better understanding of some things.

also thanks to this post i can spell Clothes.

Lengthy replies are stereotypical on NT. Come on now. Another one of these???

Just do whatever you want..
-----
It is harsh !

Jordan Brand has to cease dropping random colorways. But they are only doing this cause they cannot keep on dropping the cause original colors. They are stuck in a dilemma. Gentry, please sell a General Release Concord Retro for $80!
Do it for the fans, Gentry!

Quote:
there will soon be a generation that will know jordan for his shoes and not his game
:smh:
smh.gif
Team Philippines
IMELDA WAS THE ORIGINAL SHOE HEAD..& STILL IS.
TEAM XBOX360
.:GAMERTAG= diaBlo4tWenT:.​

I will just keep adding to my OG collection and PE collection... I have no interest in these Retro's, maybe 1 or 2 a year...

Say those Baby Blue Women's VIII's yesterday at the mall (my first time in like 6 months), I threw up in my mouth... Just shook my head at JB and walked away...

where do we go from here? where else?

forward.

like we have been....you know, with the Signature model, Team and Melo lines...

oh wait...everybody wants retros released exactly as they were when they were first released 12+ years ago...
which would mean...going backward? it amazes me how much people complain about the quality of the retros. what do you guys expect? they're retros for god sake...it's not as if the technology in any of the J's up to the IX's is any better than what's in the current Melo or Team line...so if you're after the highest quality III or IV with a nike air on the back, BE THE COLLECTOR YOU ARE AND COP AN OG PAIR.

it's as simple as that.

the way i see it, there are 2 groups of people on NT that buy Jordan Brand product.

- the first is the person that has all the key(OG or as close to OG colorway) retro(replica) releases from the Altitudes onwards, complains about lack of Nike Air on any JORDAN BRAND shoe and would never ever play ball in their retros for fear of wear and tear, rendering future sale near impossible. this person usually buys the retro(replica) shoe on looks alone and holds the later Sig models, Team line and Melo line much lower regard than the earlier models.

- the second is the person that buys the shoe to use it for what it's intended purpose is - to play basketball in. as much as this person loves the older models, they know that the more recent Signature shoes and Team/Melo line are much more advanced than the older shoes, and that retros(replicas) are only good for casual wear and nostalgia. these people tend not to be so stressed about retro releases, as they see them for what they are, and if they really, really want to relive the quality of a certain Signature model, will more often than not hunt down the OG.

i've only been wearing J's for 15 years, my first pair were VII's, i never played in any of the models before those, to anyone that did, is the quality / technology from back then equal to what's being produced now? (XXII's, Teams, Melos) personally i prefer any of the Melos over early J's for use on the court.
MyBishukketsu

my Melos stay crisp while my retros get beat​

Quote:
but prolonging the pictures of the XX3 is not cool they should be celebrating the release of the last Air Jordan not hiding it

You aren't thinking clearly if you think Jordan Brand purposely leaks pics of each new AJ release- they try every year to hide the pics for as long as possible- it just happens to be working as planned this year.

People got fired for leaking the XX sample pics- does that sound like JB purposely leaked them to you?

Yeah right now most of the people will be mad at still not seein the pics of the XXIII come out but when you finally get them and if not then when you finally see them you can appreciate them more. Just my opinion.
Sneakers are meant to be worn not stored.

Quote:
there is more 2 life then shoes..
TN*113*OUT*CP
My style is impetuous. My defense is inpregnable.And I'm just ferocious. I want to eat his children.​

Back
Top Bottom