Where Do You Rank Rajon Rondo?

I can only say Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Tony Parker and Chauncey Billups are clearly ahead of him.

Do many of you think Rondo would be where he is now if it wasn't for KG and Ray Allen coming aboard?

I don't think so. The guy was basically forced to become better and if it wasn't for them, I still think he would be mediocre. Sooner or later hewould've reached the point he's at now, but it would've been probably another 3-5 years down the road. He doesn't always play with confidenceespecially when being guarded 15 feet out.

Put Mike Conley in Rondo's situation these past two years and he would probably be just as good if not better (since he actually improved his jumpshot thisseason). He probably wouldn't be better mainly because of Rondo's defense, but in terms of helping the team offensively probably so.

As for the thread:

Paul, Deron, Billups, Parker, Nash, Kidd, Harris, a healthy Arenas and Baron Davis are > Rondo IMO. I'm still debating on whether or not Rose is, butI would rather have Rose as my starting PG if I were starting a team so I guess that answers it. He's definitely top 10, just don't know exactly whereI would rank him amongst those PG's when healthy. The fact that Rondo was able to be taught by 3 hall of famers day in and day out helped him grow a lotquicker than expected.

Rondo is overrated imo. People get too caught up looking at stats instead of actual game play. He might put up nice numbers but he' not a leader and,besides the flagrant and technical fouls that weren't called on him, he's not an impact player either. Looking back on this year's playoff run,Rondo might have averaged a triple-double but that had little to no impact on the Celtics winning or losing any of their games. When the game was on the linePierce, Allen, and Big Baby were the ones who stepped up carried the team.

Paul, D.Williams, Billups, Parker, Kidd, Nash, AI, Moe Williams, Jameer Nelson, Devin Harris, Derrick Rose, Andre Miller, Baron Davis, Arenas, Aaron Brooks arebetter team leaders and game managers than Rondo.

There's no way I can place him top 5 or even top 10 until he proves that he can lead his team better than anyone I just mentioned.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Rondo is overrated imo. People get too caught up looking at stats instead of actual game play. He might put up nice numbers but he' not a leader and, besides the flagrant and technical fouls that weren't called on him, he's not an impact player either. Looking back on this year's playoff run, Rondo might have averaged a triple-double but that had little to no impact on the Celtics winning or losing any of their games. When the game was on the line Pierce, Allen, and Big Baby were the ones who stepped up carried the team.

Paul, D.Williams, Billups, Parker, Kidd, Nash, Moe Williams, Jameer Nelson, Derrick Rose, Andre Miller, Baron Davis, Arenas, Aaron Brooks are better team leaders and game managers than Rondo.

There's no way I can place him top 5 or even top 10 until he proves that he can lead his team better than anyone I just mentioned.
QFT.

I forgot all about Nelson and Miller.

Other then the "best at _____ position" argument, why do people obsess with these types of things. Honestly after being number 1, what the hell isthe point of saying "so and so is top 5 or top 3"

^^ Thats what ive been saying at the end of the deay hell end up with a pretty complete stat sheet but hes never really taking over in games or anything. Hecant score worth %*@+ hell finish usually with 10+ ppg cause like ive said defenders lose focus on him. He is basically a track star he will run down the floorand dump it to his many shooters and rack up assists. He is such a product of the system. He would not be a starter on 28/30 NBA teams imo, cause if he was ona team where he had to create his own %*@+ he just wouldnt be able to do it. Any PG really could have done what Rondo did for Boston on offense, his stats justlooked good because he was the one doing it. Defensively i will admit he is def one of the bestter PGs in the league though but that is once again mostly dueto his athletisism and he has some quick hands as well.

no one has mentioned bibby, crawford, calderon. rondo needs to improve 3pt, FT shooting to be considered top 10 PG. Russell westbrook is a mini rondo clone.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

you HONESTLY believe that...Steph's time has come and gone....he's a shell of his former self no matter what talent you may think he still has...
any talent that Steph still has at getting to the hoop and creating points is more than Rondos. If Rondo played on a team that wasnt so stacked with talent around him he would be exposed. He gets assists and rebounds off of his athletisism and dumping the ball to the wide variety of shooters lurking on the peremeter. and his only points come when the defense loses focus on him and he exlodes to the hoop for a lay in or a dunk.

But you can't say he hasn't taken over games becuase then you didn't watch the Chicago series. Then against Orlando he seemed to disappear alittle. And if you watched ANY of the Celtics games with Steph playing, the guy couldn't be more #*#*!+% scared to shoot. He isn't nice, hes just abench player.

Its a joke to say he wouldn't start on even half the teams. Your acting like passing it to shooters should be looked down on. %@! do you want him todo...just try to show out and not pass to a guy like Ray Allen.

eyes.gif

doesn't matter that his jump shot is wack.

he is top 10 without it

bibby, crawford , calderon, rose? serious?

rose gonna get there

but who put the their team on thier back and avg a triple double an entire playoff serious?...do ya realize that is very hard to do?

he wasn't an impact player that series? really?

I'm waiting until next year to pass my final judgment on Rondo. I saw some beastly flashes this year and in the playoffs, but I also saw some HORRIBLEdecisions and bad shots.

As far as dishing out assists and rebounding, however, I really like what I see from the kid. He hustles a ton and manages to hit his shooters when he needsto. His shooting is the only thing that I feel is holding him back (I said the same thing about Tony Parker three years ago).

Steph and Rondo played on the same team so it's pretty easy to compare the two.

It's obvious from watching the games that Rondo is head and shoulders above Steph at this point. He's so far ahead of him that comparing the two isjust ridiculous.

Originally Posted by imrichboy

no one has mentioned bibby, crawford, calderon. rondo needs to improve 3pt, FT shooting to be considered top 10 PG. Russell westbrook is a mini rondo clone.

And those three don't/can't play any defense
laugh.gif

I'll take a PG that can get into the lane, defend well, rebound and find his teammates even if he can't shoot well any day.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Do many of you think Rondo would be where he is now if it wasn't for KG and Ray Allen coming aboard?

I don't think so. The guy was basically forced to become better and if it wasn't for them, I still think he would be mediocre. Sooner or later he would've reached the point he's at now, but it would've been probably another 3-5 years down the road. He doesn't always play with confidence especially when being guarded 15 feet out.

Put Mike Conley in Rondo's situation these past two years and he would probably be just as good if not better (since he actually improved his jumpshot this season). He probably wouldn't be better mainly because of Rondo's defense, but in terms of helping the team offensively probably so.

As for the thread:

Paul, Deron, Billups, Parker, Nash, Kidd, Harris, a healthy Arenas and Baron Davis are > Rondo IMO. I'm still debating on whether or not Rose is, but I would rather have Rose as my starting PG if I were starting a team so I guess that answers it. He's definitely top 10, just don't know exactly where I would rank him amongst those PG's when healthy. The fact that Rondo was able to be taught by 3 hall of famers day in and day out helped him grow a lot quicker than expected.

get the ##%! out of here with that trash

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I don't think so. The guy was basically forced to become better and if it wasn't for them, I still think he would be mediocre. Sooner or later he would've reached the point he's at now, but it would've been probably another 3-5 years down the road. He doesn't always play with confidence especially when being guarded 15 feet out.

Put Mike Conley in Rondo's situation these past two years and he would probably be just as good if not better (since he actually improved his jumpshot this season). He probably wouldn't be better mainly because of Rondo's defense, but in terms of helping the team offensively probably so.

As for the thread:

Paul, Deron, Billups, Parker, Nash, Kidd, Harris, a healthy Arenas and Baron Davis are > Rondo IMO. I'm still debating on whether or not Rose is, but I would rather have Rose as my starting PG if I were starting a team so I guess that answers it. He's definitely top 10, just don't know exactly where I would rank him amongst those PG's when healthy. The fact that Rondo was able to be taught by 3 hall of famers day in and day out helped him grow a lot quicker than expected.

get the ##%! out of here with that trash

dude is overrated in my opinion. if son played on the oklahoma city thunder folks wouldn't be rating him top 5. if he didn't play with 3 of some of thegreatest players this generation son would be buttcheeks

Back
Top Bottom