Where does Jason Kidd rank in all time PGs?

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by NobleKane

damn u people underrate steve nash. i understand the dislike that he got two mvps but damn

let me know when steve nash leads his team to a finals.
back when the nets went to the finals the east was hot trash dude....

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

id put magic, stockton, nash, and maybe thomas ahead of him...

wow you've gotta be kidding me

no nash has that clutch mid range and deep ball ability that Kidd lacks

You wouldnt actually want Kidd to take a last shot. With Nash you would....
Kidd

PPG 13.6
APG 9.2
RPG 6.6
SPG 2.0
TO 3.09

Nash

PPG 14.6
APG 8.2
RPG 3.0
SPG 0.8
TO 2.77

You also have to put into consideration that Nash played in an offense that runs up and down the floor ALL GAME. The years he won MVP, they scored alot but also gave up many points. Put Kidd in that type of offense & he would have put up identical numbers.

I had no idea that only two pg's in history has more triple doubles than Kidd.  That's impressive. 

Honestly, like I said before, if he just was more of a consistent scoring threat from the perimeter...

It would be over. 

Because he already had great size for a point guard, good strength.  He had the foot speed (not anymore obviously).  He could run the ball up and down but he could also slow it down and run the halfcourt.  He could defend, and not just other point guards.  Active on the boards. 

All he's missing was a damn jump shot
laugh.gif

I didn't watch his game tonight, but if he was hitting it, that's prolly cuz it was his night. 

You been on here for years, I kinda always respected your opinion but here lately you just flat out talking stupid.

I've followed both in their primes and it ain't to close to me. Ask the 2000's Detroit Pistons if they want Jason Kidd taking a last shot.

Steve Nash during his time in Dallas consistently folded up in the clutch and dude has never been been able to guard a char.

You could sic prime Jason Kidd on any swing in the league and he would lightweight lock them up.

Steve has been a better than Jason over the last 3-4 years but for their careers and in their primes it ain't close.

Kidd would D up in the clutch, and have others do the work on offense shooting wise.

And really now... Nash has lead who to what?

Kidd lead one of the worst Finals teams in the past 10 years to the Finals.

Top five? Easily.

Somewhere in the there.

I take Magic, John, and Isiah first personally. After that, Kidd or O.

1.Magic
2.Isiah
3.Kidd
4.Nash
5.Billups

I never seen Oscar Robinson play so I can't rate him.

Hell you can make a pretty convincing argument that Billups is better than Nash

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

1.Magic
2.Isiah
3.Kidd
4.Nash
5.Billups

I never seen Oscar Robinson play so I can't rate him.

Hell you can make a pretty convincing argument that Billups is better than Nash
Where
The
Hell
Is
John
Stockton.

Come on SP, you're better than that. If you seen Magic and Isiah, I KNOW DAMN WELL, that you seen John Stockton,
laugh.gif

EDIT. QUICK!

^whats the point in him editing, if you quoted his post?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And yes, kidd's jumpshot is bad, but he's able to make the shot when needed. its not like his teams wanted him to shoot, hes a damn point guard.

hmmmmm now that i think about it kidd was always a threat to get a triple double every game whereas nash wasnt.

John Stockton is third probably second but my hate for won't let me put him on the list.

Yes I'm still mad about Isiah and the Dream Team.

I've said it before, Kidd might be the most under-appreciated superstar from this generation of the NBA when we look back on things. The TNT guys were all uptight that AI didn't get any love in the Player of the Decade poll but what about Kidd?

Dude has had a terrible supporting cast for most of his career. Before he got to play with Dirk, who was the best player he's ever played with? Kenyon Martin? Cliff Robinson?
sick.gif
No wonder he doesn't have rings

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

I've said it before, Kidd might be the most under-appreciated superstar from this generation of the NBA when we look back on things. The TNT guys were all uptight that AI didn't get any love in the Player of the Decade poll but what about Kidd?

Dude has had a terrible supporting cast for most of his career. Before he got to play with Dirk, who was the best player he's ever played with? Kenyon Martin? Cliff Robinson?
sick.gif
No wonder he doesn't have rings
5th in steals/3 pointers made, 2nd in assists. He'll end up 4th in steals at LEAST.

I don't know.. If he ever wins a ring, I might have to put him up higher.

He was probably the best DEFENSIVE PG other than The Glove, he's definitely one of the best ever, and will be talking about him for the rest of basketball existence.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

TheONLY thing Nash does better than Kidd ever did is shoot... That's it...Kidd in his prime was better than Nash at everything else.
3point shooting from your point guard is more valuable than any otherposition, when your PG can't shoot three's other than some rareexceptions your offense is worse off than having an average three pointshooter.

Also Nash is a better passer than Kidd, and without question a better offensive player.

I'm not saying Nash is better, but they are equal in my eyes each one excelling at different aspects of the game of basketball.

Ain't no way in hell Nash is a better passer than Kidd.

Bringing up three pointers in this argument actually goes in Kidd's favor..................

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

5th in steals/3 pointers made, 2nd in assists. He'll end up 4th in steals at LEAST.

Add in 10 All-Star appearances and 2 Gold Medals also.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Ain't no way in hell Nash is a better passer than Kidd.
Agree 100%

Back
Top Bottom