Where does Reggie Bush rank as an all time bust???

I think dude needs to get out of new orleans and find a home somewhere with the packers or broncos ...

The saints aren't running the ball much anywhere anyways ... yeah mike bell got his yards but ever since brees showed up and that weasel payton got thejob, its been all up in the air ...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I still stand by what I said in that Bush is on his way to being considered a huge bust due to who he was being compared to coming out of school, draft position, and the fact that he's for the most part struggling with many of the nuances of what it takes to be a RB.

For how much hype he had and what he did coming out of college

Hes becoming a huge bust...

He was definitely being called Gale Sayers. A once in a lifetime talent.
Everyone was enamoured with his size /speed
Espn was the ones who started the "Gale Sayers coomparison" and fools ran wit it
I still like Reggie Bush. I still love watchin him get loose. Is he a bust. No. Disappointment. Yes

Lemme tell u how bad they hype was, Mel Kiper came on National TV and said if u moved Reggie Bush to WR before the draft he'd still go top 10 and endupbeing a pro bowler.

The entire USC team was hyped. Remember the "USC can beat the top teams of all time list".
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Its only a couple NTers who thought LenDale was a better RB
Nat'l title game I remember people spazzin & questioning having Lendale in the game over Prez on 4th n short :/

One thing about Prez I noticed, he is all speed, he doesnot make people miss. If he can't outrun u, he's gonna have problems. For all his abilities hedon't have no shake. When the last time u was like "OoOO prez *+%% on that dude"????

To me he is a bust but not top alltime anything. He has barely improved and his lack of big plays is really disappointing. His pass catching numbers are aresult of the Saints not anything he does demanding he get more touches. Its not like he is running deep posts in a balanced offense. Its sad because he isphysically talented enough to be much more productive as an NFL runningback he just lacks the instincts.

I finally found my felix jones comparison ... I can't believe I overlooked it all this time ...

And hell, even reggie has more shakes than felix ... but damn if you give these dudes space and a open field, CURTAINS ... but for every felix and reggie,there has to be a barber abd deuce or someone ...

Felix is a legit RB tho. He can operate between the tackles if asked to. He just isn't asked to bexause Barber & Choice

IMO Felix Jones is just a shorter Darren Mcfadden

I disagree wholeheartedly ... felix isn't doing anything between our tackles unless there's a hole 'you could drive a truck through' ...

Felix is twice the RB Reggie is. Doesnt mean Felix will be great but he is a very natural instinctive runningback and he does it with much less speed thenReggie. I hope Felix gets a chance in a more complete role.

Yeah I never watched felix in college ..................

I swear yall quick to jump out there and 'call me out' when in reality KLJ you come up with some of the dumbest @!** on here ... you don't even goout on a limb and voice your opinion half the time and you still take Ls ... go check the draft thread and what you said about some of these 'talents'in the NFL lol ...

You're right though it is too early to judge felix in the same light as reggie as far as NFL careers go, however up to this point, felix is reggie bushminus the punt returns and plus one kick return ...

Not to mention felix isn't healthy enough to get 150 carries a year like reggie started out with ... they are both what they are, a streak of lightningthat may strike once a game ... difference is, the saints drafted reggie to be more than that, we didn't ... or at least I hope we didn't ...

Don't even get me started on craftsy ... you're wrong 90% of the time including in this very thread ... lmao

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

Don't even get me started on craftsy ... you're wrong 90% of the time including in this very thread ... lmao
considering i think you're wrong about 99 percent of the time, i'll take this as a good sign that you disagree with what I think most ofthe time. thanks bro.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

thetruth03 wrote:

Yall are seriously kidding yourself if you think Reggie isn't a bust..

Reggie had more hype than LEBRON JAMES coming outta usc..

Most predicted him to be a hall of fame, once in a lifetime type of player.. Multiple NFL MVP's type of player..

Dudes were acting like the texans were the dumbest franchise in the history of the league to not take reggie number 1 overall..

He's in the 4th season and is the teams 3rd string running back..

and those 82 catches as a rookie sound impressive unless you watched the games and know that 90 percent of those catches were caught in the flats for an
average of about 6-7 YPC..

Bill Parcells said it best " reggie bush is a satellite, hes only good in open space"

Basically reggie went number 2 overall w/ lebron james hype to be a punt returner.. Thats a bust.. no way to sugar coat it..

No *$+!@%! way, bud. You're wrong... the hate for Reggie ran pretty deep, there have been guys saying he'd be a bust since before he ever played a
down. He was not on some lebron type hype.

And that's generally what i've seen here on NT, too... there were a few USC homers and morons who thought Reggie was going to be the best player of all
time, and an equal number who were writing him off before he ever played in the NFL just because they hate USC or were jealous or something like that which
they'll never admit.

The majority of football fans knew he was a special college player but weren't sure how it'd translate... and now we're seeing.
Craftsy...I gotta roll w. Truth on this one. Dude was 100% right about the hype surrounding Bush when he came out of USC. Like I said before, dude was being compared to Gale Sayers...not by folks here on NT, but by the media. Folks on NT thought this dude was gonna revolutionize the RB position....at best I thought he could be like Tiki, but even that is looking like a stretch.

*LenDale White while no where near as explosive or flashy, is and will ALWAYS be the better player. I've always thought this.

I agree with Truth...dude is a legitimate bust. You don't learn how to run between the tackles in your 4th year of the pro's. It's not going tohappen.

BUT, the question was TOP 5 BUST of all time...and that's beyond false.

You're right though it is too early to judge felix in the same light as reggie as far as NFL careers go, however up to this point, felix is reggie bush minus the punt returns and plus one kick return ...

Not to mention felix isn't healthy enough to get 150 carries a year like reggie started out with ... they are both what they are, a streak of lightning that may strike once a game ... difference is, the saints draftedY reggie to be more than that, we didn't ... or at least I hope we didn't ...

You are right as far as their role goes and what they have/have not done for their respective teams. But just watch how they play and the things they do whenthey have the ball it is two completely different animals. Reggie looks like a athlete playing running back. Felix gives me the impression he can see more thanone person in front of him but of course I watch/break down running backs way more than I care to admit
laugh.gif

I really thought Reggie Bush would have improved and he really hasnt. He looks the same to me for the most part as he did when he first came in the league. Hedances less in the backfield but thats it..

When I watched reggie play, even in college, I never saw a running back ... he never had vision and never had the heart to pound the ball ... its easy to looklike you have vision when you can choose to bounce a 2 hole dive and outrun the 4.65 corner on the other team ...

Thing biggest problem I saw with reggie was that EVERYONE hyped this dude like he was the second coming ... usually people who know football can see throughtthe speed, but reggie had that extra extra hype, hype ... had analysts straight dogging the texans when they made the pick for mario talkin about it will settheir franchise back 10 years lol ...

And im not gonna sit here and act like I wasn't on his bandwagon, cuz I was ... but I was high on that freak mario watchin him dominate the acc ... justlooking at that dude compared to the o lineman he was playing against you knew he was gonna be special ...

Originally Posted by StillIn729

He goes in my top 5, don't get me wrong he is one of the most dynamic college players of all time and I'm glad to have witnessed him play at USC. I will never forget being at school and watching him single handedly save USC's season against Fresno State but...

I don't wanna hear that "he isn't a bust" talk...he is a stone cold bust

Running Backs drafted behind Reggie "I Can't Run Between the Tackles" Bush, and please stop the kick/punt returner talk that hardly justifies a #2 overall pick

'Angelo Williams
Joseph Addai
LenDale White
MJD
Jerious Norwood
Leon Washington
Mike Bell (undrafted)
pimp.gif

I heard SOME people getting on the Texans for Mario, but I also heard some guys praising them. I don't believe in ever spending first round money onrunning backs.. not in today's NFL. So I didn't have a problem with it at all.

i just think the fact that he wasn't even taken 1 overall should tell you the hype wasn't the same as you're making it out to be. I think playingat USC inflates his hyped-ness in the eyes of many... but to people who really watched him, he was rated just about right.

Back
Top Bottom