Where will you be this Fall? vol. GO BEARS!

Whats up NT. Its that time of the year. Decisions have been mailed, and most of us should have already responded back.

I got into some colleges including UCLA and CAL....and after some time, I decided to go with Berkeley...
glasses.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Major is Economics. Planning on doing investment banking if all goes well... (if there are any banks left....
mad.gif
mad.gif
)

Where will you be starting this Fall '09?

Originally Posted by weGOTthis

Whats up NT. Its that time of the year. Decisions have been mailed, and most of us should have already responded back.

I got into some colleges including UCLA and CAL....and after some time, I decided to go with Berkeley...
glasses.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Major is Economics. Planning on doing investment banking if all goes well... (if there are any banks left....
mad.gif
mad.gif
)

you should major in finance then

weGOTthis - if you want to do ibanking, the best major at ucal is probably finance.
obviously econ is a good start and all finance basically is, is applied econ. but the business school at ucal is soo good that it will have better recruitersthan the CAS.
good luck. if you do econ, you might want to add the stats major with it.

Originally Posted by swizzc

glasses.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
)

swizzc, I was considering doing finance/business admin. but that is too specific for undergrad. This way, my options are still open in case Idecide I hate ibanking after an internship. I can still go to law school, shoot for an MBA, go towards accounting (CPA), or get a Masters/PhD in Econ and finda government job on public policy/analyst or work for the Federal Reserve
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

To those that go to Berkeley, do you recommend the Wada or Channing-Bowditch housing or should I find a room off campus.

Originally Posted by swizzc

glasses.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
)

swizzc, I was considering doing finance/business admin. but that is too specific for undergrad. This way, my options are still open in case I decide I hate ibanking after an internship. I can still go to law school, shoot for an MBA, go towards accounting (CPA), or get a Masters/PhD in Econ and find a government job on public policy/analyst or work for the Federal Reserve
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Make sure you take accounting courses then because I know they aren't required with an econ degree at Carnegie Mellon (i just graduated) andthose will be absolutely necessary when going into ibanking. Also take corporate finance.

Originally Posted by ballinamillion1

sophomore year at michigan welcome week ftw.... sophomore year at michigan academics ftl
frown.gif

Yup, appreciated each and every year of undergrad
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. And why no love for sophomore year? Take it from me man, live it up whileyou're there. You don't realize just how much stuff there is to do in A2 and how much you're gonna miss it until after you graduate. I think Imight even miss the Ugli...nah.

Originally Posted by Jsmilez

Got into UCB, UCSD and UCD, but I'm going to UCSD. Go Tritons!!!
I got into SD too, and they have a fantastic Econ program also. Just out of curiosity, why did u pick SD over Berk? And what's your major?I'm thinking Bio/Chem or some other science...

I got into SD too, and they have a fantastic Econ program also. Just out of curiosity, why did u pick SD over Berk? And what's your major? I'm thinking Bio/Chem or some other science...
English major pre-med.

Cal is a great school to become an English major -- they are on par with Harvard and Princeton on that ranking. However, I don't plan to continue my careerin English. I'm planning on getting into medical school after I graduate. I've spoken to many Cal alumni and they are all telling me that Cal may notbe a great school as far as being a pre-med is concerned. They lack advising and faculty support -- mainly due to the size and student population. Also, theenvironment in Cal is something I'm comfortable with -- the cutthroat competition in the sciences made me think otherwise in going to the school;that's not to say SD isn't competitive, though. I also live in SF, and I'm really bored of this place. I hella want to live somewhere that'snot so cold and city-like. SD has perfect weather and La Jolla is in many degrees different from SF. Also, an education from Cal compared to UCSD will notraise any eyebrows from medical schools -- to them, I am receiving the same education; prestige is not as superior as in other proffesions.

All of these are personal, I'm sure there are students that will do well as a pre-med in Cal.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I got into SD too, and they have a fantastic Econ program also. Just out of curiosity, why did u pick SD over Berk? And what's your major? I'm thinking Bio/Chem or some other science...
Congrats on UCSD fellas... go tritons!
laugh.gif
I'll bechecking out in 2010... when my 5 years are up.

4 years ago i chose SD over Berk too... but simply cause of distance. I wanted to stay a little bit closer to home.

This Fall... straight chillin in So Cal. No summer school
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom