WHERE YOU AT BUFFALO?

bump...6 months since the last post :lol:
laugh.gif

Vikings | Sabres | Timberwolves | Bills​
Taylor-Jackson-Peterson-Williams-Hutchinson | Miller-Vanek-Campbell-Connolly-Roy | Jefferson-Foye-McCants-Brewer-Smith | Everett-Evans-Losman-Lynch-Moorman​

^We did have one with 3 members before when I was like 15 :lol:
laugh.gif
so long ago...
Vikings | Sabres | Timberwolves | Bills​
Taylor-Jackson-Peterson-Williams-Hutchinson | Miller-Vanek-Campbell-Connolly-Roy | Jefferson-Foye-McCants-Brewer-Smith | Everett-Evans-Losman-Lynch-Moorman​

Not from there, but I did go to UB for six years (2 years undergrad + 4 years grad = B.S. and Doctor of Pharmacy). Dormed two years, lived in Campus Manor for a year, Boulevard Towers for two, and Kensington Village for the last year (rent hella cheap but the apt hella wack).

Back then, there were steals left and right. The main spot was Athlete's Foot on the corner of Bailey and Kensington. The owner was from Jackson Heights (in Queens, which is where i'm from), and we became pretty good friends. He had some gems on clearance and gave me great deals. GR Dunks for $20, a grip of retro Jordans for $50-70, and a bunch of other great deals. Hate to admit it, but most of my reselling stock was from that store. Doubt you can find anything like that anymore. Tent City was aite, always had just-released retro J's for $5 cheaper than everywhere else.

I also got cool with Phatman when they first got their SB account, but that was late November of '05, and everything after that time was wack. Did manage to get a pair of Maple hi's for cheap.

I was offered an assistant manager's position at Streetgame (in Galleria) because I knew the owner from before. He owns another store in Syracuse and my friend worked for him, and he recommend me for a position. I kindly declined because of schoolwork. They had decent finds there (Bred XIXs for $40 was probably the best).

Another great place was Sneakertown by Canisius. I became cool with the owner as well, she always gave me good deals. Good place to get samples (got my human-torch dunk hi's there) and other clearance items.

All-in-one was great too. I'd talk to the owner (his name slips my memory) about sneakers for a while. Some of my kicks were on sale in his display, but none of them ever sold. Many of my classes were on South Campus, just 2 blocks from the shop. The guy was a true shoehead.

There are tons of other places i'm sure y'all know about. Surprisingly, not many in Buffalo are into sneakers. I guess that's changed now, but during college, I only knew of ONE other guy who collected sneakers like I did. There was the casual Jordan wearer, but this one other dude and I became friends solely based on, well, soles. My sneaker collecting died down in mid-'05, with the exception of the Tiffs, Infrared 90's, and the DMPs (the last sneakers I ever purchased to fulfill my shoe craze). I still loved visiting the stores to chat, bought a few pairs to re-sell, but nothing too big.
4L8O15S16T23!42​
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch​
"Please don't throw garbage at me." - Pam Beesly​

lol @ the buffalo summit pic. ^^^ and the owner of all in one is ray, who has been M.I.A.A for a while now.

^ Something happen to him? Shop closed?
4L8O15S16T23!42​
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch​
"Please don't throw garbage at me." - Pam Beesly​

^hey man...no I havn't heard from him in awhile...I think you can find him on AIM though

I feel you on not being too much on kicks...I think you know I wasn't too big on them when our summit was going on
laugh.gif

At least I'm better than I was
laugh.gif

^^ I fell off too, started playin alotta poker and buying bigger things...figured all the kicks I had would hold me over for awhile

All 3 "Summit" members are present. I'm still here. Sham got my name banned years ago so I just never posted.
Sasha-What's good? Sorry I missed that party a while back. I still need a Soulmate's tee. Get at me
DJ-How's college? Hope your fam (all of them lol) is doing well.
Tom-I'm still here in full man. Buying more then ever.
Raymond-I go to Sandbor's now more then I did back when we chatted. Rick is so stingy with prices I usually dont expect to buy anything.

As for me, I'm managing the Finish Line out at McKinley mall. I used to work at Galleria to, so I probably met a couple of you guys without formallyknowing you. I'll respond some more later. Take it easy guys.

-Alex

I know the Blk/Gold but I'm not positive what else. Been there a while so not sure what sizes.

*Call and ask for Anton or Thorton. One of them should know.

sorry Alex I'm horrible at checking the regional forum
laugh.gif

DJ-How's college? Hope your fam (all of them lol) is doing well.

College is alright
laugh.gif
grades could always be better but im working hard

I just found out over thanksgiving I'm going to be the oldest of 10 in May...crazy stuff
laugh.gif

As for me, I'm managing the Finish Line out at McKinley mall

nice...how long have you been doing that?

eek.gif
eek.gif
10 Kids? Your family is going to need to just buy a yellow school bus.

Where you at school again? Wasn't it UNC?

I been out at McKinley for like a year, was at Galleria before that.

Back
Top Bottom