Where's the humor in Pineapple Express? Do you have to be a pothead to enjoy it?

the two main guys cracked me up because they epitomized a number of stoners I've known over my whole life

From the whole "could you pull the plug" thing, everyone knows that stoner who throws out these philosophical hypothetical situations when theyredrunk. One of my good friends from high school moved to San Francisco after we graduated. Then he changed into "that guy" when we'd smoke andhe'd throw out a question like that and play devils advocate while one by one everyone would leave and go into the other room to play Halo.

The "they can track us on our cell phones thing." I had the ultimate paranoid stoner buddy in high school who would trip out if we were high andwe'd see something as minor as a CHP chopper in the sky. We'd be walking down the street and he would dive under a tree and be like "bro can'tbe out like this, I'm going to call for a ride," and we'd be like two blocks from his house. One time I had a party at my house and he was bakedin the backyard and he saw a CHP chopper over head and he literally screamed "OH MAN WE ARE &$%^#@"

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Saw it in the theaters twice. Only movie I've ever done that for.
I did the same, only because I couldn't remember %!+! from the 1st time i saw it

it was no where near as good as i thought it would be, so the first time i watched it i was disappointed

but for some reason it was much funnier the 2nd time i watched it

i dunno i thought super bad was great and i also enjoyed pineapple express not as good as super bad thou,, but heres the thing i think if u watch it homeinstead of in the theaters is not as funny cuz i saw both of these in the theaters and all my friends that saw it in the theaters thought they were funnyaswell yet people that saw it on dvd didnt think movie was good

It was enjoyable, if you didn't find any humor in that last diner scene, somethings wrong with you. Danny McBride was hilarious through the whole thing.

Parts of it were funny. Darryl from the office was easily the best character.
The Chinese guy quoting Do the Right Thing with "two times!" that got me

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

James Franco as Saul & Craig Robinson as Matheson

made Pineapple express funny to me

roll.gif
laugh.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Franco
easily the two best characters in the whole movie. Without them the movie would of been unwatchable.

"F' the po-po"
Dude shoots like a million bullets and doesnt even shoot the cop..lol..best part of the movie imo

Yeah I agree, I had really high expectations for this because of the hype, but wow was I disappointed. I had a couple chuckles.

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

I thought this movie was GREAT!...I place it up there with Friday when it comes to weed smoking flicks

I've seen it about 50 times now

And I smoke green once in a blue moon..so you can place me in the non-smokers catagory

alien.gif
alien.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Friday is classic how dare you

Originally Posted by cronicmole

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

I thought this movie was GREAT!...I place it up there with Friday when it comes to weed smoking flicks

I've seen it about 50 times now

And I smoke green once in a blue moon..so you can place me in the non-smokers catagory

alien.gif
alien.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Friday is classic how dare you

He's not dissing Friday and no one is saying it isn't a classic. But it should be considered up there in the weed-humor genre.

Back
Top Bottom