Where's The Outrage Over This One?

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dp...-attack-by-police-041210

PALMER PARK, Md. - At first, Jack McKennawas celebrating the Maryland Terrapins big win over Duke this pastMarch. But soon after, the University of Maryland student nears somepolice officers along Knox Road in College Park.

It was all caught on video. He stops. Then suddenly Prince George's County officers charge him and appear to beat him.

"It'soutrageous. Anybody who would see that would see a young man who wascompletely defenseless, who hasn't committed a crime, who was brutallybeaten," said Chris Griffiths, McKenna's lawyer.

McKenna ended up with a concussion and eight staples in his head. Plus, contusions on his back and arm.

Prince George's County Police Chief Roberto Hylton feels his department is bruised too.

"Isaw the tape. I'm outraged. I'm disappointed in the actions of myofficers that I saw on camera. That is not going to be tolerated," saidChief Hylton.

It's not just what the officers are accused ofdoing, but also what someone wrote. The charging documents in the casesay McKenna "struck those officers and their horses.

I didn't wanna say this in General,but I THINK money that got his @%! kicked was of another persuasion..............now if this had been a brother...................
I think you already know that not a damn thing would have been done about it (even if it was caught on video)!I watched it on the news and everyone was talkin' about how "outraged" they were and how swiftly they were gonna deal with the cops,but when WE get beat up and shot it's some "investigating the matter" BS and usually the end result is that these !$+holes get off without any consequences.That's not my opinion *Big Shug*that's just the way it is*Big Shug*.You think otherwise then talk to Prince Jones.............oh damn that's right you can't..............they killed him!

Spare me the racial angle, the kid didn't get his charges dropped until video surfaced.  Until then even the police chief was defending the actions of his officers...any racial angle there either?  No, it's called the cops covering for their own.
And what was the race of the cop who killed Prince Jones? Uh...yeah.

^^"Race angle"???? It doesn't matter the race of the cops who killed Prince (I don't think I mentioned ANY race of officers when I mentioned Prince's murder now did I smart@$$?),what matters is that like I said............WHEN IT COMES TO US.............there has to be some lengthy "investigation" about what went down and NOBODY GETS PUNISHED IN THE END!
%#@@ even when ample and undeniable proof is presented that something foul went down,NOBODY GETS PUNISHED!It's the same everywhere man.I'm not making %#@@ up or using an "angle" as you put it.
*Method Man*IT'S REEEEEEAL*Method Man
"Um........yeah".

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

^^"Race angle"???? It doesn't matter the race of the cops who killed Prince (I don't think I mentioned ANY race of officers when I mentioned Prince's murder now did I smart@$$?),what matters is that like I said............WHEN IT COMES TO US.............there has to be some lengthy "investigation" about what went down and NOBODY GETS PUNISHED IN THE END!
%#@@ even when ample and undeniable proof is presented that something foul went down,NOBODY GETS PUNISHED!It's the same everywhere man.I'm not making %#@@ up or using an "angle" as you put it.
*Method Man*IT'S REEEEEEAL*Method Man
"Um........yeah".
You're not making anything up yet you provide no examples as if we're all supposed to have a pavlovian response and instantly agree with your assessment.
Police rarely do anything to their own, THAT'S the bottom line.
And you can't tell me that if the cop who killed Prince Jones had been white that you wouldn't dwell on that fact.

^I FULLY agree that they'll protect their own.Maybe I jumped the gun a little bit,but when watching the news and you hear that "this is unacceptable"(which it is)"this is an outrage","justice will be served" and so on and so forth and I hate to keep saying this,but where the hell is this swift justice when it comes to us?
That's all I was saying.*shrugs*
*looks up "pavlovian"*

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

^I FULLY agree that they'll protect their own.Maybe I jumped the gun a little bit,but when watching the news and you hear that "this is unacceptable"(which it is)"this is an outrage","justice will be served" and so on and so forth and I hate to keep saying this,but where the hell is this swift justice when it comes to us?
That's all I was saying.*shrugs*
*looks up "pavlovian"*
It's all good, I'm just saying that it's only working in the victims favor because undeniable video proof was offered up that contradicts the police report and not because of his race.  In the meantime I'm only aware of one officer being suspended (when all of them on the scene should be arrested for assault and obstruction of justice IMO) so I wouldn't necessarily call what's happened so far "swift justice" by any means.

Man this *@@$ always happens. Old new now. I remember one dude that just got married and was unarmed and got gunned down by cops for no damn reason.

there is nothing new about this. PG Cops kick $$# everyday. Travel inside the beltway and this is nothing new. This is a big deal cuz 1. he is white 2. he's a college student and not some random hoodlum from the street 3. his grandfather is a judge.

the whole he was in the wrong. he kept charging the cops. That beer he was drinking told him to do it. Good news is he will receive a nice settlement and wont have to worry about a job after graduation.

^What he said basically sums it up. I think that if he were of any other race it would have been a bigger outrage than it actually is. So I really get what dude is saying up there......and I'm black btw

Ever since I was a youngin' PG county police have been some cold bamas ... I never forget the stories I heard then to see what they did to one of the dudes that use to hustle around our way because they thought he was mean muggin' them outside of PG plaza ... dude got beat the fuggg up for no reason! This was back in 86-87 and I still don't trust'em

Back
Top Bottom