Which album has higher expectations: Detox or Thank Me Later?

SMH @ the flip flopping..so is wayne a legend or not mister rogers?

The mixtape scene was strong long before 50 although he did have a great buzz off of his image/getting shot 9 times/signing with shady/aftermath....50doesn't sell 1/2 of what he sells with GRODT without affiliation to Dre and Em...

And The Eminem Show is nothing breathtaking...There's a bout 4-5 good songs on a 20 track album..Definition of mediocre considering dude's rappingskills he makes some crappy songs...I've never heard anyone even compare it to his first two albums because they aren't in the same league breh. TheEminem Show was Marshall's beginning of the his end.

A mixtape from a dude out of Canada that he made on his own has two national hits and 10s of millions of downloads...not remarkable at all...I can't thinkof another similar story to be honest.

I noticed you didn't quote the part where I exposed your emotional ties to this argument...That's the difference between people like you and me....Youcare too much about things that don't matter...I just do me....I can't be a Stan because that just ain't my identity.....So I think Drake made agood mixtape....I think Mood Muzik 2 is the g.o.a.t. of mixtapes.....I listen to The Roots a lot....I guess I'm a Budden and Black Thought stan as well?Next dudes ain't dictating my life unlike yourself.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

The mixtape scene was strong long before 50 although he did have a great buzz off of his image/getting shot 9 times/signing with shady/aftermath....50 doesn't sell 1/2 of what he sells with GRODT without affiliation to Dre and Em...

And The Eminem Show is nothing breathtaking...There's a bout 4-5 good songs on a 20 track album..Definition of mediocre considering dude's rapping skills he makes some crappy songs...I've never heard anyone even compare it to his first two albums because they aren't in the same league breh. The Eminem Show was Marshall's beginning of the his end.

A mixtape from a dude out of Canada that he made on his own has two national hits and 10s of millions of downloads...not remarkable at all...I can't think of another similar story to be honest.

I noticed you didn't quote the part where I exposed your emotional ties to this argument...That's the difference between people like you and me....You care too much about things that don't matter...I just do me....I can't be a Stan because that just ain't my identity.....So I think Drake made a good mixtape....I think Mood Muzik 2 is the g.o.a.t. of mixtapes.....I listen to The Roots a lot....I guess I'm a Budden and Black Thought stan as well? Next dudes ain't dictating my life unlike yourself.

Dude really said theres about 4 good songs on a 15 song album
roll.gif

Every song on there passes everything Young Money put out
laugh.gif

If eminem show was the downfall for em (which isn't true because Encore was)
then i guess tha carter III is the downfall for wayne, huh? (which i dont believe)

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm done. Goodnight
roll.gif

You're right

DRAKES THE BEST RAPPER ALIVE!
HES BETTER THEN NAS!

The mixtape scene was strong long before 50 although he did have a great buzz off of his image/getting shot 9 times/signing with shady/aftermath....50 doesn't sell 1/2 of what he sells with GRODT without affiliation to Dre and Em...
50's Dre and Em affiliation = Drake's Wayne and Kanye affiliation. The same can be said for a ton of artist. Drake is in the same positionnow that 50 was then. 50 dropped an instant classic, we will have to wait and see what drizzy does.

Originally Posted by Sosincere09

On the other hand So Far Gone had something hip hop has been missing...A new artist who's mixtape was a breath of fresh air for the industry. It strayed away from what the labels want us to hear and dude just did him..Comeback Season as well...If Drake can stay the coarse Thank Me Later may be the most hyped/anticipated debut album since Illmatic.

I was 6 and lived in New York in 1994. Illmatic wasn't that hyped. Illmatic is more appreciated now than it was back then. The west coast had the rap game on lock, and the attention wasn't shifted back to the east until Biggie Dropped Juicy. Thats Fact. But i do understand what your saying.
i was around the same age basically listening to anything my cousins and brothers would listen to...you'd know that at 6 you understand the message of the music a lot better than others may think you do...nas and illmatic for that matter was definitely a shift in what people were tuning into...the verse on live at the b-b-q is a perfect example of listeners agreeing "hey, this dude might be onto something here"

Im not denying that Illmatic was something new and fresh. Im simply saying Illmatic didnt bring New York back, Ready to Die did.

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

And The Eminem Show is nothing breathtaking...There's a bout 4-5 good songs on a 20 track album..Definition of mediocre considering dude's rapping skills he makes some crappy songs...I've never heard anyone even compare it to his first two albums because they aren't in the same league breh. The Eminem Show was Marshall's beginning of the his end.

A mixtape from a dude out of Canada that he made on his own has two national hits and 10s of millions of downloads...not remarkable at all...I can't think of another similar story to be honest.

I noticed you didn't quote the part where I exposed your emotional ties to this argument...That's the difference between people like you and me....You care too much about things that don't matter...I just do me....I can't be a Stan because that just ain't my identity.....So I think Drake made a good mixtape....I think Mood Muzik 2 is the g.o.a.t. of mixtapes.....I listen to The Roots a lot....I guess I'm a Budden and Black Thought stan as well? Next dudes ain't dictating my life unlike yourself.

Dude really said theres about 4 good songs on a 15 song album
roll.gif

Every song on there passes everything Young Money put out
laugh.gif

If eminem show was the downfall for em (which isn't true because Encore was)
then i guess tha carter III is the downfall for wayne, huh? (which i dont believe)

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm done. Goodnight
roll.gif

You're right

DRAKES THE BEST RAPPER ALIVE!
HES BETTER THEN NAS!
I can't tell if its insecurity or stupidity but I can hear you cry behind the rolling smiley faces that you replaced anything articulatewith...

You pull out names of of artists that have already been deemed irrelevant to the argument?..Again I'm not sure about your infatuation with Young Money?

The Eminem Show sold because of his fanbase and nothing more...I can't even picture someone sayin "Hey lets brush off that old Eminem Show and listento My Daddy's Gone Crazy.."

Take the L my son...and for your own sake please start reading and try your best to sound out the hard words.

50's Dre and Em affiliation = Drake's Wayne and Kanye affiliation. The same can be said for a ton of artist. Drake is in the same position now that 50 was then. 50 dropped an instant classic, we will have to wait and see what drizzy does.
I won't disagree that 50 dropped an instant classic....Its hard to ignore the "different" fan base you automatically get swallowedby if you get an Eminem co-sign though....Think about it...Who REALLY rocked G-unit clothing? It was that OTHER much larger and more powerful fan base thatEminem brought.

Drake's affiliations do put him in a similar spot as Fif though...Wayne's fan base is something similar to Em's, obviously not as large....

Aubrey can't really bank on street cred the way Curtis did though...Getting shot 9 times still comes up when Fif is on talk shows....Dude was on a teensoap opera and the hip hop world is filled with wolves who love to tear down an artist that is fronting (Rauwsss). Its impressive to even be around this longconsidering where he comes from by being himself.

50's Dre and Em affiliation = Drake's Wayne and Kanye affiliation. The same can be said for a ton of artist. Drake is in the same position now that 50 was then. 50 dropped an instant classic, we will have to wait and see what drizzy does.
I won't disagree that 50 dropped an instant classic....Its hard to ignore the "different" fan base you automatically get swallowed by if you get an Eminem co-sign though....Think about it...Who REALLY rocked G-unit clothing? It was that OTHER much larger and more powerful fan base that Eminem brought.

Drake's affiliations do put him in a similar spot as Fif though...Wayne's fan base is something similar to Em's, obviously not as large....

Aubrey can't really bank on street cred the way Curtis did though...Getting shot 9 times still comes up when Fif is on talk shows....Dude was on a teen soap opera and the hip hop world is filled with wolves who love to tear down an artist that is fronting (Rauwsss). Its impressive to even be around this long considering where he comes from by being himself.
I feel you BUT Drake can cater to the women the way 50 couldn't. Women love(d) 50 because the see him as "Dangerous" But womenreally love Drake. I seen concert footage where about 100 women threw they're panties on stage. I dont think ive even see that at a 50 concert. I'vegot two female roommates and they go nuts when a drake song comes on and they bump So Far Gone like no other. So where drake loses a market, he picks up amarket.

Originally Posted by u ttocs

i wouldn't put drake in that kind of category, is so far gone even gold yet?

"So far Gone" was available for Free damn near a year before the Hard copy even hit the stores with LESS songs and he still put up Decentnumbers....So, IDK where you're going with the underlined portion of your statement

For me it's Detox...I grew up listening to Dre. Always appreciated the production on his albums and mix that in with a few guest appearances and youusually have the formula for a great album.

As far as Drake, I'm not really checkin for dude's album to drop...not really a fan.

Substance lasts, Catering to the women wont last forever man....Just ask Ja Rule (Even tho 50 put him outta the game)

I can't believe some dudes are still falling for that Detox trap, SMH. How many times and how many years have we been threw this. I probably won'teven believe Detox is out till I see it with my own eyes at Best Buy and even then I will probably still think it's fake or some marketing ploy from theretail store. The obvious answer here for higher expectations is Thank Me Later by Drake. It's kinda hard to have expectations or even high expectationswhen hardly anybody is expecting it to begin with, which is what Detox is.
Whether your a fan of drake or not your going to wanna hear this album so that alone is an accomplishment in itself

Truth.

I stopped caring about Detox a long #%# time ago. If it came out today, I wouldn't give a +$+*.

As for Drake, I'm not looking forward to that, either. If this was a year ago, maybe, but as of today, no...

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I love NTers hate on Drake, it's cool to hate something y'all were slurping last year at this time

honestly, nobody cares about Detox anymore except for a small core group, it's almost 10 years later and the people who bought a hip hip cd in 2001 aren't buying them in 2010

Drake might have the most hype of any rapper I have ever seen who hasn't dropped his debut album
I bet 50 won't say his buzz was bigger now...

but it was

and can you stop riding drake so god damn hard

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by richyung412

come on son drakes cd will be classic, who even cares bout dre anymore this is 2k10 now son
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Dude's calling it classic before they even hear it. Stans need not post. We already know you'll love anything he does in hopes of one day you get to actually suck him off.

Im no Drake stan...but I think "Thank me Later" will be a classic...Son has a Crazy work ethic, and from what I've seen in his interviews about "TML"...He'll settle for nothing less than perfection... With all the hype surrounding him, he has NO choice but to drop a classic...

^ Came in hear to say this....

homie speaks truth....

Its hard to say who has to come harder.

Chronic 2001 is damn near perfect in every aspect..I'm not sure Dre is making the same type of music for Detox so only time will tell if its received well.

On the other hand So Far Gone had something hip hop has been missing...A new artist who's mixtape was a breath of fresh air for the industry. It strayed away from what the labels want us to hear and dude just did him..Comeback Season as well...If Drake can stay the coarse Thank Me Later may be the most hyped/anticipated debut album since Illmatic.

Personally I think if Dre can end his career with his greatest put together album he may go down as the G.O.A.T. producer/rapper/composer...

I respectfully disagree BrOwNiN187..... I don't think almost anything will superceed hype & expectations as.....

51UUWZvHisL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom