Which basketball players do kids try to imitate nowadays?

I'm always doing the Kobe post-up/lean-back fade away or up-and-under. I hate Kobe BTW.

Besides from that, I see folks trying to imitate Rondo a lot. (behind the back fake or his mini-dream shake with the off-hand)

everyone plays like iverson even though they dont like/know who he is.
Kobe is the most popular player that kids imitate, hes still that popular. You will always find somebody who will yell kobe! after a tough shot. Nobody imitates durant in my area, at least for now. LeBron is pretty common too with a strong drive, people will call them lebron

I tried to imitate KG when I was 14 lol

I'd probably say Kobe. But little kids nowadays like to flap their gums.

Growing up, one day I'd copy Magic then Mike then do the raise the roof and raising it low after every made basket like my man Nicky Van Exel would do. :lol:

*looks at this thread*

*looks at "Kobe Bryant Overrated thread*

Hmmmm.....

I do the Kobe post up as well.
Getting in te post is killer for te defenders. You can fade, pump fake, drive, up and under, find the cutter, quick dribble :x
My fade is good now I have to be like 10 12 feet or closer though :lol: nothing too far.
And ya you still hear kids yelling "Kobe!!"
:lol:

Kids don't go outside anymore its sad

As for me Kidd/ Hill/ Finley hybrid if that makes any sense

Back in my day (only 26 :lol:) but we would all fight over who was gonna get the #3 jersey! Iverson was (still is, i'm a homer) THAT DUDE!

I have been known to be called the white, right handed Lamar Odom. Pretty nice all-around game, lacking in motivation and defense most the time tho.

I remember growing up, everybody on the playgrounds wanted to be AI, Kobe, & T-Mac :lol: :pimp:

And White Chocolate! Can't tell you how many kids were trying the behind the back elbow pass...You know.

I was all over the map with imitations, but I loved doing Marbury's driving floater.

Last edited:
Carl Landry
Kris Humphries
Kyle Korver
Chris Duhon
Ronny Turiaf
Landry Fields
Ryan Anderson
Eddy Curry
Dejuan Blair
JR Smith
David West

Suprised nobody has mentioned Russell Westbrook. That's who I see in the kids nowadays more than anybody. Bunch of athletic guards that have tunnel vision like hell. Then maybe throw in a lil Rondo with the euro steps and ball fakes. The taller athletic high school kids that are around 6'5-6'8 all try to be LeBron. They all wanna be on some point-forward ish.

Jimmer from outside tho. Drive in like rondo with that behind the back and the stop 180 degree turn

Back
Top Bottom