Which cars do you prefer? Euro vs. Japanese vs. American

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

Originally Posted by JayAmazin

Originally Posted by 35KD

And they have the best pick up trucks and suvs.
Pick up trucks? Yes

SUVs?
indifferent.gif
C'mon son
Name a better SUV other than the range rover. All the other import SUV's are trash. Maybe Lexus but the others are not that great.
X5 and X6

I'd take a X5, X6, Q7, G class, GL class, GLK class, and M class over most American SUVs. Escalade could make an exception but that's about it.

and those are just Euro SUVs. Still got Japanese that I could name off.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

If I'm worried about keeping/maintaining a car, Japanese. If I can afford upkeep/buy or lease brand new, euro no doubt.

I wont be driving a german car for a LONG while 
laugh.gif

agreed. but did anyone else notice the irony of him being arenas and not driving a german car for a while? i'm probably reaching
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

I've owned all and the my favorite is American.
Well damn...

care to explain why?

i'd like to hear the explanation as well
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Thank Me Later

Japanese
pimp.gif

European
pimp.gif

American...... Fail.

VERY TRUE...but you cannot compare them because they are in different class/price points

Japanese
wrx sti
350z
Evo 8-10
mazda rx8
s2000
these are 30-40k cars new (exception nsx and gtr)

Euro
m3
porsche gt2
carrera
gallardo
ferrari sypder
these are 65K plus cars new

American
dodge srt4
mustang
charger
20-30k new (exception viper)

but at the end of the bad EURO take the cake, and this is coming from a BIG tuner fan, ie greddy tt 350z owner.

the only real japanese cars i want before i die are, NSX and r35
other than that, id be MORE HAPPY with a porsche gt2, audi r8, and a e96 M3.

audir8v12tdi_live26_opt.jpg

00_Presentation_BMW_M3.jpg

08-11-07-01-Porsche-Avalanche-GT2-650-EVO-R.jpg

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

And they have the best pick up trucks and suvs.
Pick up trucks? Yes

SUVs?
indifferent.gif
C'mon son
Name a better SUV other than the range rover. All the other import SUV's are trash. Maybe Lexus but the others are not that great.
X5 and X6

Doesnt the 3rd Gen Range Rover use a 540i engine?

I'll take American then Euro. I'm not into Japanese cars at all. I'm curious, what are some of you guys basing the "American cars suck" mentality off of? Euro is nice but 95% of the Euro cars myself and everyone else dream of are pretty much unattainable. I don't plan on dropping 100k on a new Porsche anytime soon or even in the future. .

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

I'll take American then Euro. I'm not into Japanese cars at all. I'm curious, what are some of you guys basing the "American cars suck" mentality off of? Euro is nice but 95% of the Euro cars myself and everyone else dream of are pretty much unattainable. I don't plan on dropping 100k on a new Porsche anytime soon or even in the future. .

What kind of cars are you talking about, Lambos and Ferrari's? 
roll.gif
roll.gif

I could say the same thing about American Cars that I want...Vipers, Corvette ZR1, Shelby GT500 - those cars are unattainable for me.

95% of American cars are unreliable...you buy one and theres a huge chance it will breakdown in the first 3 years.

I'll stick with what i can afford, a C-Class, 3-Series, Audi A3 or A4....Etc. 

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

roll.gif
roll.gif

I could say the same thing about American Cars that I want...Vipers, Corvette ZR1, Shelby GT500 - those cars are unattainable for me.

95% of American cars are unreliable...you buy one and theres a huge chance it will breakdown in the first 3 years.

50k for a Corvette is a lot more attainable than a 100k Porsche. And yes i am talking about Lambos and Ferraris, i said 95% of the cars myself and others DREAM of are unattainable so yes lambo and ferrari would classify as that. And please give me evidence that a brand new American car within the last two years will break down on you within three years. Look up 2009 jd power awards reliability ratings, and tell me what company and more importantly what country the most reliable carmaker was. Cadillac, Lincoln, Mercury, Ford, and Buick all beat BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Nissan, Scion, Mitsubishi, and Mazda in reliability for 2009. Even Buick and Mercury beat out Honda and Acura and the rest of the imports i just mentioned.  So before going and basing some random facts you pulled out your @@$ or made up due to your hate for them please do some research.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Even Buick and Mercury beat out Honda and Acura

I don't believe it. Proof or ducktales.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Even Buick and Mercury beat out Honda and Acura

I don't believe it. Proof or ducktales.
Just realized, add Lincoln and Cadillac to that mix to beat out Honda. And here you go.
6a00d83451b3c669e201116906f6a9970c-800wi

Have owned pretty much nothing but Japanese rides. Civics, Del Sol, EVO, etc. Only American car I owned had just about everything break or bust on it. You name it, it broke. Most American cars suck imo. Nothing like the American cars of old. I'm talking from my grandpa's era. Those were real American cars.

Unless you're 60, you really won't be driving them. I'm sure there's probably more factors that go into it. Like Honda probably sells a lot more than Buick so Honda has more reported problems? Plus it's still a Buick and Mercury though
grin.gif

American=cheap interiors. Easy pass.

Unless you're 60, you really won't be driving them. I'm sure there's probably more factors that go into it. Like Honda probably sells a lot more than Buick so Honda has more reported problems? Plus it's still a Buick and Mercury though
grin.gif

American=cheap interiors. Easy pass.
Test was based off of problems per 100 vehicles from each brand so no they don't base it off of sales or who sells more. And thats not even my point, do i want a Buick or Mercury, no, i'm simply talking about reliability which is what most people bash American on. Everyone is basing there hate for American cars off of the POS 96 ford taurus they owned in high school. Unless you've driven something new or within the last few years then post your thoughts on them. I'm not an American car nuthugger, i just HATE when people judge and criticize when they know nothing or are misinformed about the topic at hand.

Back
Top Bottom