Which is better for bball? crazy1 - zoom soldier - gil mid

I need i pair for this new season, but i don't know what to get!
I play the 2, 1,80cm 70kg

crazy1 - zoom soldier - gil mid ?
thanks!

ya gotta be the soldiers in those few choices, the crazy1 cushioning system is still good but is kinda out-of-date compared with whats offered on todays'market. and the gil-mids is more of a team shoe, which doesn't have as much upside as the Soldiers.

thanks guys
wink.gif

how many of you guys have all three pairs of shoes? seriously? how many of you are just in this thread responding based on hearsay?

mmh eddie do you think that the soldiers are not the best choice for me?
have you got all the three pair?
thanks for the info
wink.gif

no i don't have all three pairs. i came in here to find out the same thing as you; instead i found a bunch of nike fanboys jocking the nike release.

not surprising.

^I agree, but that's a big part of sneaker review threads - just a bunch of people leaving one word answers.

I had the Soldiers, they're solid shoes. Lightweight, good fit, great traction and responsiveness. I just don't like how tight the shoe can feelsometimes, it helps with the lockdown fit, but it's still really tight.

I'm about to break out my Gil Zero Lows, so I can't even speak on them, but I do like how light they are, and how they fit. I'm also a fan of lows,so obviously I like the freedom at the ankle.

zoom soldiers FO SHO!!!! those are frickin' sweet!!! thanks to the guy above me. i bought his soldiers!

btw im not a nike "fan boy" if it makes any difference, i have 3 coloways of the crazy 1s and the 8s but compared to the soldiers (which i recentlygot) the soldiers are really really nice, better than the IVs (which i also have). I have played in all those shoes mentioned and the soldiers are awsome. so ihave given a fair chance to all shoes and thats my honest opinion. I still love the crazy 1s though but soldiers are just great all around. however tractionfor the soldiers and crazy 1 are about the same imo, just the fit is better around the ankles in the soldiers.

we need more reviews and less one word replies accompanied by an emoticon. anyone can post a word reply, that just shows me that you don't have the shoe.tell about the fit, ankle support etc. then people will take this forum more seriously.

Hmm... I for one don't have two of the shoes mentioned, I just have the Soldiers among my balling rotation (ZK1, 2k5s, Starbury Teams, Wade 1 playoffs,2k4s) and I must say that the soldiers are just in the medial according to my liking in performance. I absolutely love my 2k5s. I'd say2k5>2k4>ZK1>Soldiers>Starbury Teams>Wades.

However, the Soldiers' lockdown fit is exceptional. As well as its ankle support and stability which I look for in a shoe as I've weak ankles. However,at times the shoes feel a bit clunky, the heel to toe transfer can sometimes feel boxy and not suave and smooth like that of the 2k5s. I am aware of my shoeswhen I wear my Soldiers. Unlike with my 2k5s which feel like a sock and molds to my foot. But on second thought, maybe I haven't really broken them in yet.I've only played in them around 4-5 times for 2-3 hours each session. Aesthetically though, they look really, really good.

But hey, it all depends on your own foot. Check out each and every one of them. Walk around them in the store. We're just here to share our opinions but inthe end it's the nerve endings in your feet that will tell your brain which one to pick.

I only have the soldiers and the gil zero mid, and can tell you that in my opinon the soldiers are better because of the much better ankle support and thelockdown fit.

i have the soliders and the crazy 1's, the crazy 1's are terrible, terrible traction and my foot moves around laterally way too much in the shoe

DeezyVSOP is right in terms of how tight the soldiers feel, the upper feels real tight, but they're lightweight and good

i have played in all, i always have to use adidas for our highschool teams, and let me tell you(not being a nike fan boy, just based on experiences), adidashas no traction and grip,
the crazy 1's hurt like hell, the gil zeros only support the arches and make the lateral part of your feet hurt like hell as well. the soldiers are reallynice, i have all three, and overall
soldiers win about a mile. the cushioning is on par, the look is bulky but surprisingly it is light.

Back
Top Bottom