Which Jordan do you feel was most advanced for it's time?

XIs because of the CF plate technology and patent leather
(|TEAM JAYS|)
A.J. Burnett--Roy Halladay--Troy Glaus--Aaron Hill--Lyle Overbay--Alex Rios--Vernon Wells--Frank Thomas​

Style Wise: Air Jordan II or up... I's were a common look for the time with a ball & Wings on the side... the II's let the world know this dude was going have his own shoe EVERY YEAR.... and that alone was a VERY BIG DEAL.

Performance wise: I have to say the XI's... the Carbon Fiber Plate was HUGE!!!
TEAM ESTRELLA
Moved out the Ghetto cuz I hate it.​
but I'll roll through your *&@!in hood and regulate it.​

There's certainly an arguement for the IIs. the injection molding, animal texture, and the elimination of the swoosh. I think it was too ahead of its time for people back then. I remember seeing those for the first time in 8th grade(yes, I'm old) and saying "whoa" what are those.

Swingshot what I am saying is the XI it made the casual fan buy or at lease try to buy them. :D
happy.gif

Duval County
RIP SSG Jeffery Walker
RIP Charles A. Smith
RIP SPC James Lee Adair

Yea, it has to be the 2s or 3s. This becomes really apparent when you see pics of Mike wearing these and notice all of the non-cushioned, solid rubber soles on everybody else.
Team PhD.

Glad to see this is going somewhere!

Anyway...the point that the IIs really took a big from the Is is definitely true. I think style-wise, IIs can be in second place for me. They sorta ushered the way for "modern" sneaker as opposed to the classic 80s style.

As far as the VIIs, I really don't think they were innovative at all. Huarache technology had been around for a couple of years by then in various trainers, all they really did was come up with a unique shape...

Quote:
PS: Finally there's an interesting topic to talk about, rather than "?s on VIIIs clothing","where to get Aqua shirt", or "Is Aqua's box very big".
TEAMSOVIETTEAM AF-ONE

Quote:
As far as the VIIs, I really don't think they were innovative at all. Huarache technology had been around for a couple of years by then in various trainers, all they really did was come up with a unique shape...
ed back in 79 :\
ohwell.gif
. I know ball is a team effort but Mike didn't win any medals or championships in the III's. He won both in the VII's. How's that for "innovative" technology. He used the kicks to win and that's what counts.

:smh:
smh.gif
@ OGFiend for comparing the heralded VII's to 85$ Huarche's. You try running a full in them joints.

Please excuse the long post, I had to stick up for my fav's.

Quote:
Everyone is entiltled to their own opinions and I'm glad you singled out the model that was mentioned only once or twice in this thread.
TheKidSport723 :stoneface:
indifferent.gif
TEAMSOVIETTEAM AF-ONE

^^I agree with OGfiend. VIIs (IMO!) are possibly one of the weakest Jordans.

Quote:
How innovative was integrating West African Tribal Culture into a shoe design? No Jordan model prior did.
+ L A R K V I L L E +​
MySpace
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
ICETOWN​

ThekidSport

You know how you said that the Air Jordan VII design is inspired by West African Tribal Culture? I typed that in google search and this is what I found, some inspiration I think.

mudcloth.jpg

104-0407_IMG.JPG
Driven From Within
TEAM PICS
Where The Pics?
TEAM ALBERTISONKARDASHIAN
For The Win, YESSSS!!!!

All of them, but I think the XI gets the most props.
The Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion.​

11 was the first to come to my mind when i read the topic, the CF was quite an advancement that is still in use over 10 years later. Paten leather was also relatively new and really had a "break out" wuth the 11s. The icy soles, hadnt been seen in quite a few years and were much more prominent on these. Unlike most AJ fans the 11s have never been one of my favorites as far as looks (not that i hate them either) but in terms of the technology and compared to other shoes of the time I think it wins. 2 would be my runners up, design wise the 3 does take a few cues from the 2, the 2 was completely original as far as I can see, technologically it wasnt much of a leap though thats why I go with the 11, that did it both ways.

ima have to say the V's(clear sole and 3m tounge)...mang imo every sig shoe for MJ from II untill now is advanced for its time...
IS THE JUICE?
WORTH THE SQUEEZE BRAH??

Team Philippines​
In Pacquiao We Trust​

Quote:
I think you take sneakers a little too seriously

I'm just stating my opinion, that's the point of this forum.

Calm down.|
havingJustForSneaks07one of the hottest J's created.

Mind you, I also said the V and VI should receive honorable mention from the outset.

Quote:
The overall design of the VII was revolutionary
Code:
Disclaimer: The views expressed by MEMPHISBOI55 are those of his own and not necessarily the shared views of any other person, party, or affiliates. ANTI ECAPCITY!!! self note to memphisboi55....dont do business again!

I think theres a good argument for the IIs and XIs, but I think the most advanced for its time was the III. This was the first time a designer worked directly with the athlete on a shoe, and lets not forget, before MJ seen this shoe he was going to leave the company. The mid cut, elephant print, vis-air, air jordan symbol, and overall design made this shoe different from anything else at the time.

I agree w/the IIs man...lookwise,the cut,the feel,especially for a shoe from
86'-87'?!? And the jump of "looks" from the Is to the IIs?!?!?Pffft,hands down the IIs!...then the IIIs,then the Vs
You know you just read my sig,right?!?

Ahead of their time (Designwise):

1) XV's - say what you will, these were far ahead of they're time. If these never came out in 2000 and Jordan Brand introduced these today as the XX3's, I personally would be in love with the brand again.

2) XI's - no explanation needed.

3) XIII's - (see # 2)

4) XX's - even those these resemble an old Nike design, Will Smith could've wore these in "I Robot" and they wouldn't have looked out of place one bit.
DEADSTOCKED SIZE 13 HEAT FOR SALE (click me):
DS CITRUS VII'S, DS REDWOOD XIV'S, DS WHITE/ROYAL/STEALTH V'S​

...:::THE GAME IS A FOOT:::...​

The III's were so different from anything at that time...so revolutionary....so classic.
The air bubble, the first jumpman, the elephant print, the low cut
Definatley the III's.
The World Is Mine

For its time the Jordan III was light years ahead DESIGN wise, but the Jordan XI was light years ahead PERFORMANCE wise (as well as design).

For me the quantum leap Jordans were:

Air Jordan III <- Elephant print, mid top, visable air

Air Jordan V <- Molded shape for the ankle, 3M tongue, clear sole, and speckled paint

Air Jordan XI <- Zoom Air, Carbon Fiber shank, clear sole, patent leather upper

Air Jordan XIII <- Revolutionized the idea of sole design, reflective woven materials

Air Jordan XX <- As much as I hate this shoe design wise (Ugliest Jordan of all time), the IPS cushioning was a major achievement.
NiceKicks.com - Daily info about Air Force Ones, Air Jordans, and many other kicks

Back
Top Bottom