Which Jordan do you feel was most advanced for it's time?

We all know that Jordan was always revolutionary in their designs and always took technology up a notch compared to other sneakers at the time. So which Jordan model do you feel was most advanced or ahead of it's time?

I'd go with the 3's

Visible air units on basketball shoes were just emerging, most sneakers at the time were VERY high cut and somewhat clunky. The 3's were sleek, compact and just aesthetically unique.

Let's hear your opinions.
TEAMSOVIET
TEAM AF-ONE

I'd say all from III up
TeaM​
GEORGIA SOLE
DEDICATION IS KEY Member #25- DWalk31
DeKalb County​

cosign i would say the iii's also
4 sale ds retro xi's size 13 black/red

retro ix's white/black size 13

I agree with the III's, and all the points you made about it. I'd also have to say the XI's, both technology and looks.

It's gotta be the IIIs. I remember in a post about the fire red IIIs someone had put up a pic of MJ playing in them and you look around at the other kicks in the picture and they all look archaic by comparison.

Back in the day my friends and I had by far the biggest reaction to the V's. When we saw the black ones we were like "OMG they've invented a time machine and brought back shoes from the future!"

Clear soles, plastic mesh sides and lower tongue, 3M tongue, the molded ankle shape, metallic speckled paint, lace locks.

Air Elijah
Sydney, Australia.
Email: AirElijah@niketalk.comMySpace

Obviously you can make a great case in point for the III's. But I gotta go with the XI's......in any colorway, the patent leather and carbon fiber shank set the shoes off. They are just as aesthetically beautiful as the III's were in their respective time, and still to this day it's more common to see patent leather on shoes than some of the design featues such as elephant print. Both are really nice though~
....and I Stays around J's like I's and K's

I don't believe it was the III's for 2 reasons:
1. The air Max had visible air.
2. Tinker was very familiar with it since he designed it and new how to implement it, so it wasn't ahead of Tinker.

I think the XI is the shoe that was ahead of it's time. Carbon fiber really revolutionized shoe design and shoe support. The style of the shoe makes it look good for any type of wear: on the court, with shorts, with pants, for dress occasions (I do not recommend this for funerals, weddings, but for a less formal dance I think is appropriate), and they look good laced up or laced loose.
5 years on Niketalk. I know more than you.

^^ BigLefty23 THERE YOU GO.
Patent Leather, Carbon Fiber. Not visible but there's an air bag in it. Nuff said!

PS: Finally there's an interesting topic to talk about, rather than "?s on VIIIs clothing","where to get Aqua shirt", or "Is Aqua's box very big".
Indohan

i've also got to say the III. Some of my favorite models are the XI-XIV, but the IIIs are right after them. Everything from I-X doesn't really do that much for me. The IIIs are the only exception. The elephant print alone sets them apart from any other shoe. Plus they had the first jumpman. That should count for something.
Advertise your sig here for $25 a month.

Myspace Is For Losers

to me its the V or the XI

XI for reasons stated by indo

and V
the 3m material on the tongue was so nice
"SPOTTIN FAKE JORDANS NO LONGER A HABIT BUT A JOB"
"we are the legit check, no need to legit check, what we legit check, because we legit check the legit check ya dig"
lol sound like juelz ps aim jdhillon23

Definitely the VI.

Quote:
The shoe was so far ahead of it's time it ain't even funny. The ultra light construction, the cut out holes on the tongue so you can pull 'em up extra high! The back entry pull tab, clear soles, hidden lacing pocket, clean toe, Lace locks, reflective liner.
TEAMKINGKOOPA

The 11

The 13

AT&T U-VERSE - BEST EVER.
YEA THE BABY DANCES, TO THINK...ITS CIRCA OG XII
FOR SALE: BLACK V SZ 13 DS, BLACK CAROLINA 5 SZ 13 VNDS, CAROLINA VI LOW SZ 13 NDS, BLACK BLUE 18 SZ 12 DS. PM ME IF INTERESTED!

Good points BigLefty23, but
the IIIs and XIs were both designed by Tinker so they weren't ahead of his time as per your point. The IIIs use of elephant print, midcut profile, air bubble, and premium tumbled leather were revoluntionary. And the fact that it was the first one MJ had a part in designing.

I would have to go with the HARE VII's. The overall design of the VII was revolutionary. From the radical design on the tongue, to the trapezoid accented midsole and heel to the implementation of one of the illest colorways to date. Even the sole on those joints was crazy.

The Hare VII was definitely the most advanced.

Honorable mention also goes to the V and VI. The tongue on both of those models is unmatched.

Quote:
The IIIs use of elephant print, midcut profile, air bubble, and premium tumbled leather were revoluntionary. And the fact that it was the first one MJ had a part in designing.
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

Air Jordan III change the shoe business forever (Tinker)
Air Jordan XI made everybody was not a shoe fan a fan like me. :D
happy.gif

Duval County
RIP SSG Jeffery Walker
RIP Charles A. Smith
RIP SPC James Lee Adair

Stylewise it was the III but IMO the most revolutionary for the time was the VI - IMO it was the first of the modern line of Jordan's - from then on they have all been in that sort of mold.

The VII was close too - with the Huarache style. I think the VI wins it thought as it came first - and the VII was just a step on from that. V - VI was a bigger step.
TEAM SINISTER

Shopping at The Leftorium since 1977.

the V, if you look at shoes from the same time period, it was so different. the icy soles, the 3m material, and the tongue
THE WORLD IS YOURS​

Quote:
Stylewise it was the III but IMO the most revolutionary for the time was the VI - IMO it was the first of the modern line of Jordan's - from then on they have all been in that sort of mold.

IMO you have those two reversed. Stylewise the VI was revoluntionary. It did influence the shoes to come in the line, but it didn't use any materials that weren't already used. The clear sole from the Vs, nubuck from the IVs, air bubble from the IIIs.

Quote:
Air Jordan III change the shoe business forever (Tinker)
Air Jordan XI made everybody was not a shoe fan a fan like me

III caught peoples attention.

XI regained peoples attention after the rather plain X. It reminded them that MJ, and the Air Jordan line were just taking a break.

The V's were just amazing. Like nothing else out there. Plus, seeing them pop-up on TV shows like 'Fresh Prince' and 'A Different World' made them almost a celebrity themselves.

Back
Top Bottom