Which One Of Y’all Nike Execs/Employees Thought This Was a Good Idea?

Nike denies involvement with Lil Nas X 'Satan Shoes' containing human blood
The "Old Town Road" artist is collaborating with streetwear company MSCHF on the pentagram-sporting shoes, only 666 pairs of which will be on sale Monday.

March 28, 2021, 4:05 PM EDT
By Doha Madani
The devil wears Prada — and now, according to rapper Lil Nas X, he also wears custom Nike sneakers containing human blood.
Lil Nas X, the "Old Town Road" artist, is collaborating with the streetwear company MSCHF on a pair of "Satan Shoes," only 666 pairs of which will be on sale Monday. The controversial kicks — apparently modified Nike Air Max 97s — are decorated with a pentagram pendant and a reference to Luke 10:18, a Bible verse about Satan's fall from heaven. They'll be sold for $1,018.

The sneakers also contain a drop of human blood in the sole, drawn from members of the MSCHF team, the company told NBC News on Sunday.
News of the shoes drew outrage over the Palm Sunday weekend; some critics slammed both Lil Nas X and Nike. But Nike was quick to distance itself from the shoes, pointing out that they're custom adaptations of existing products.
"We do not have a relationship with Little Nas X or MSCHF," Nike said in a statement. "Nike did not design or release these shoes and we do not endorse them."

Nike denies involvement with Lil Nas X 'Satan Shoes' containing human blood (nbcnews.com)

Props to Nike for not suing, they would be within their rights to. They denied involvement but they haven't actually denounced it. :pimp:

I think the colorway sucks (black/red is probably one of my least favorite color combos on a shoe) and I would never buy or wear these shoes, but I appreciate the Jimmy rustling.

Overall I'm indifferent but slightly in favor of this.

Just feels very gimmicky. Nas X is unique himself as is didn't really see the need to throw Satanism into the marketing pot.

lil nas x.jpg

lil nas x 2.jpg
lil nas x 5.jpg

lil nas x 7.jpg

lil nAS X 8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Who didnt see that coming lol. Had it not been for the video it might've slid under the radar, once it went viral I knew it was only a matter of time

Just feels very gimmicky. Nas X is unique himself as is didn't really see the need to throw Satanism into the marketing pot.

I think it's more nuanced than that. Judeochristianity has a long history of homophobia and I think this is his way of giving them the middle finger.

So wait theres human blood in the air bubble?

Air bubble looking like a lava lamp

The real question is did they get blood or water in the Air unit without it losing its Air pressure? If they did that is amazing.

I wish i could get a pair of those joints but the price too rich for my blood hahahaha.

On another note, I’m glad he has the Bible thumpers mad.

Back
Top Bottom