Which Players Have the Most Overrated POTENTIAL In The NBA???

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Some of you guys are talking about really young players, give them time to develop damn.
That's the point...or at least that's how I and others are seeing it.

He's asking who's POTENTIAL is overrated. Not who's overrated based on their current output.

For example...if someone was to say Rudy Gay could be a 35 PPG, 12 RPG, 5 APG player one day and someone may disagree and believe that may be setting the expectations too high based on their assessment of that player's game...then they believe his potential is overrated. Good question if you ask me.
Yea I get your point, guess I just didn't read the question right. I'm just saying that some of these younger players haven't evenhad a chance to really shine(or flop) yet. It's too early to judge them.

I actually agree with Anthony Randolph somewhat...

He is very young, yes, but I can see his potential being overrated, if that makes sense...

Im gonna have to go with Tyrus Thomas...is the dude freakishly athletic? Yes but youd swear he was getting ready to TAKE OVER based on what some dudes used tosay about his "potential"

why are people even listing Lamar Odom? Dude is turning 30 real soon. I could see his name being mentioned if it was 2004, but damn.....

I disagree w/ players like OJ Mayo and Brandon Roy.

You already knew what you were getting in drafting these players. They came into the league 'NBA Ready' but as far as potential, their ceileingisn't that much higher than the level they are already at now. Sure, they can get better in facets of the game, as they are still young, but it isn'tgoing to be anything exponential to where they would leapfrog from the level they are at to discussion as the best player in the league.

They are very good players, and will remain that way for a while. I just don't expect too much growth in their game.

And I haven't seen anybody say something to the effect of them raising their games 6-7 levels or something like that.

And now w/ that said, I can see why people put Melo in this lane, but I just don't agree. I'm a little biased though
laugh.gif

^ I definitely believe that Foye coming out of college had "overrated potential," but I don't think he's hit his ceiling yet. At least I hopenot. He will be a serviceable and solid player for years I think, with only flashes now and then of amazing talent.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Co-sign on Stuckey...he may very well prove me wrong but people talk about him like he's a no brainer franchise player. I don't see it.
Same here. I never understood it to be honest.

And dude that said Andrea, I don't think anyone really believes his potential is that high (any more).
unaware...andrea had an awful sophmore season but he's been playing as good if not better than bosh over the past 2 months or so.

unaware .

this is a perfect example of how people get swept away in hype.

bargs is playing well but he is still not producing like an injury riddled bosh is.

it only seems that way because bargnani's standard is so much lower than that of an all star caliber player in bosh. desperate raptors fans are just looking for a bright spot to cling too.

bargs is ballin out of his mind and is averaging 19.7 ppg and 6.5 reb. over the past 2 months. (27 games) which is decent (and quite exceptional for bargnani)

bosh is averaging 20.2 ppg and 9.3 rebounds over his past 27 games (which is about average for bosh) and he's has played like crap in february because many of his games were affected by injury.

all this 'if not better than bosh' talk is nonsense.
your stats are great and all but if you've watched the games he's actually playing as good, if not better than bosh for the team..unaware.

bosh's nose for the ball is a joke..he's not looking to score as much and he has little to no aggression..and that was pre-injury too...andrea has beenplaying just the opposite of that.

git off my nuts son..list some players instead of talkin out your %+* like usual...thank you

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Andrew Bogut?
He's just on a bad team, but he's a double double machine.

Why is J.R. Smith rated so high and unstoppable in NBA 2K9?
laugh.gif

There were alot of analysts and scouts calling Randy Foye a baby Dwyane Wade coming out of Nova...I never saw any similarities in their games at all other thanthey were both undersized 2's.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Co-sign on Stuckey...he may very well prove me wrong but people talk about him like he's a no brainer franchise player. I don't see it.
Same here. I never understood it to be honest.

And dude that said Andrea, I don't think anyone really believes his potential is that high (any more).
unaware...andrea had an awful sophmore season but he's been playing as good if not better than bosh over the past 2 months or so.

unaware .

this is a perfect example of how people get swept away in hype.

bargs is playing well but he is still not producing like an injury riddled bosh is.

it only seems that way because bargnani's standard is so much lower than that of an all star caliber player in bosh. desperate raptors fans are just looking for a bright spot to cling too.

bargs is ballin out of his mind and is averaging 19.7 ppg and 6.5 reb. over the past 2 months. (27 games) which is decent (and quite exceptional for bargnani)

bosh is averaging 20.2 ppg and 9.3 rebounds over his past 27 games (which is about average for bosh) and he's has played like crap in february because many of his games were affected by injury.

all this 'if not better than bosh' talk is nonsense.
your stats are great and all but if you've watched the games he's actually playing as good, if not better than bosh for the team..unaware.

bosh's nose for the ball is a joke..he's not looking to score as much and he has little to no aggression..and that was pre-injury too...andrea has been playing just the opposite of that.

git off my nuts son..list some players instead of talkin out your %+* like usual...thank you
Don't bother Clutch has so much e-cred riding on Bargs being bad.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

capt.e3fe86dad9f0486ca64efe0ac107b225.celtics_nuggets_basketball_codz110.jpg

Dude's team is 3rd best in the Western Conference and he is the best player. How is he over-rated?

I don't agree w/ what DJs is saying, but he's not saying that Carmelo himself is overrated, just his potential or his ceiling.

But honestly, w/ the year he's having, I don't see how that can be the case. He's arguably playing better than he ever has at any point in his career from an All-Around standpoint.

I don't agree w/ Beas either b/c @ this point he is essentialy playing only to his SF skillset. But he has the PF skills in his arsenal too. He's not even really using that at this point.

Saved me from typing it....

as far as Beasley, I think he'll be a good 3/4, but not the dominant player that everyone expects....

I don't ever see him winning a championship as a #1 guy but that is mainly how rich the talent in the NBA is right now ('Bron, Kobe, Wade, Duncan,Howaard, Paul). I see his potential as a better, bigger version of Paul Pierce.

i haven't seen anyone just being overrated last 10 years than Darius Miles, really... maybe Lamar Odom, too...he's playing good this year though...

There were alot of analysts and scouts calling Randy Foye a baby Dwyane Wade coming out of Nova...I never saw any similarities in their games at all other than they were both undersized 2's.

Guilty. I still don't understand why his game hasn't translated dude scored at will in College.

Originally Posted by ChiHigh91

wierd question but off of the top of my head:
Greg Oden
Monta Ellis
Andrea Bargnani (although he's been showing up lately)
Rodney Stuckey
He just came off a major surgery

Originally Posted by nublee

Greg Oden
Yi
Bargnani
Brandon Wright
Tyrus Thomas
Randy Foye
thank you...finally someone said Wright sorry *!*. future starting 4 my *!*. He get thrown around like a little *%%%! in the paint....At least hestill has some trade values remaining.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

I disagree w/ players like OJ Mayo and Brandon Roy.

You already knew what you were getting in drafting these players. They came into the league 'NBA Ready' but as far as potential, their ceileing isn't that much higher than the level they are already at now. Sure, they can get better in facets of the game, as they are still young, but it isn't going to be anything exponential to where they would leapfrog from the level they are at to discussion as the best player in the league.

They are very good players, and will remain that way for a while. I just don't expect too much growth in their game.

And I haven't seen anybody say something to the effect of them raising their games 6-7 levels or something like that.

And now w/ that said, I can see why people put Melo in this lane, but I just don't agree. I'm a little biased though
laugh.gif
Agree with Roy, disagree with Mayo, at least on NT. People were crowning him saying he was going to be better or on par with Kobe when his careeris over. It hit a whole time high during the olympics when Kobe said something about Mayo being good.

Back
Top Bottom