White Philly Cop Told to Lose Cornrows

Did anybody read this ?
laugh.gif

PHILADELPHIA (Sept. 21) - Police in Philadelphia say a white officer who came to work with cornrows was orderedby a black superior to get a haircut because the braids violated department standards.
The Philadelphia Daily News reported Monday that Officer Thomas Strain was put on desk duty this month because of the braids, even though the paper reporteddozens of black officers wear cornrows.
Police spokesman Lt. Frank Vanore says Strain's boss told the officer to cut his hair to look more "professional."
Vanore says officers' hats must fit "in a military manner" over their hair, and that Strain's hat did not. Strain got a haircut; he declinedcomment to the paper.
Vanore recalled only one black officer with braids in the past several years. He says that officer also was told to get a haircut.

66mbgo.jpg

Link

I'd expect all cops to have to low cuts to look professional. Why does everything always have to be about race?

I think i saw this in the AOL ad that appears on Niketalk
laugh.gif
didn'tbother clicking on it. thanks for posting it

his superior was only lookin out for him...dude looks stupid as hell

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

I think i saw this in the AOL ad that appears on Niketalk
laugh.gif
didn't bother clicking on it. thanks for posting it

yes , thats where i got it from
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JayHood23

I'd expect all cops to have to low cuts to look professional. Why does everything always have to be about race?
Because you know damn well if the report said a white superior told a black officer that his cornrows were unacceptable, the NAACP and The goodReverend Jackson would be screaming racism at the top of their lungs.

Originally Posted by J Burner

Because you know damn well if the report said a white superior told a black officer that his cornrows were unacceptable, the NAACP and The good Reverend Jackson would be screaming racism at the top of their lungs.
Ehh that's kind of true.

Because you know damn well if the report said a white superior told a black officer that his cornrows were unacceptable, the NAACP and The good Reverend Jackson would be screaming racism at the top of their lungs.

- this clown again?

- i mean damn dude, could you at least try to have some sort of rational thought behind your posts? ftr, being a police officer is similar to the militaryuniform/apperance wise. everyone knows in those professions one is expected to have a somewhat clean and short hairstyle. so, a white superior telling a blackofficer to lose his cornrows would be looked at as standard procudure, and would not be looked at as racism.....by anyone, even the good Rev. Jackson.

- its comments like these that show you have NO IDEA what the $+*% you are talking about.

I'd expect all cops to have to low cuts to look professional.

- and what exactly is professional?
eyes.gif

why in this whitewashed society is long hair on a male considered unprofessional.....jesus had long hair
and where im from it's not uncommon to see law enforcement officials with unconventional hair styles or even body art.....it helps them blend in especiallyundercovers

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

Ehh that's kind of true.
But police have the same requirements as the military when it comes to grooming so I don't see how he didn't see this coming

i wonder what possessed this cop to get his hair braided? he has to have known he couldnt keep them....

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

eyes.gif
As far as an officer professsional would be a low cut and minimal facial hair

Something's going on here - either the newspaper or the Police spokesperson isn't telling the truth here about there being other police officers withbraids.

If that's the case and there are other police officers with cornrows I don't see why this police officer should be singled out, especially if it hasanything to do with the fact that he's white and the others are black, which the article seems to be suggesting.

If there's only been one other officer with cornrows who's had to get a haircut, then this police officer should as well.

*Waits for people to cut on white people with braids?*

What is the difference between white people with braids/dreads and black woman straightening there hair????

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

- this clown again?

- i mean damn dude, could you at least try to have some sort of rational thought behind your posts? ftr, being a police officer is similar to the military uniform/apperance wise. everyone knows in those professions one is expected to have a somewhat clean and short hairstyle. so, a white superior telling a black officer to lose his cornrows would be looked at as standard procudure, and would not be looked at as racism.....by anyone, even the good Rev. Jackson.

- its comments like these that show you have NO IDEA what the $+*% you are talking about.

eyes.gif

roll.gif
Ok buddy. Let us know when you would like to come back to earth, and wecan have a discussion about reality. If I posted this article and swapped the race of the two cops, I guarantee at least 10 pages of NT calling the superiorofficer a racist.

Back
Top Bottom