Who are you Insured by? (Car Insurance)

geicomoney.jpg

-50 A month
-Full Coverage
-Clean record
-30 years old

Once you hit 25 years old with a clean record, insurance is dirt cheap

Honestly, look for some local insurance agents, you'll get better rates. I'm w/ Farmers Insurance under my girls name since the wheel's in her name

23/24
both f/t time college students
no accidents or tickets within the past 5 yrs (thank God)
Full coverage
2002 Ford Escape

$137/mo

I got allstate. And im so glad I do. IDK if its like this for other companies. But I had just got my car (wont toot my own horn by saying the brand), but I hadgotten in an accident prolly like 2 weeks after I got it. Yada yada they ended up saying it was my fault and I had a $1000 deductible on my plan. But theywaved it because the person I got in the accident with also had allstate so since they didnt have to deal with another insurance company they paid for my wholerepairs 2gs+ and my rate didnt even go up.

Im guessing thats not something they advertise since they dont want ppl taking advantage of it. But it was a nice surprise when the lady told me they was gonnawave the deductible.

Originally Posted by Seattle206

Need to go car insurance shopping. I was under my dads policy but the insurance agent called and said I can no longer be under his policy and must purchase my own, kind of odd because I thought at the age of 24 or 25 then you need your own policy.

-full-time college student
-2 speeding tickets in past 3 years
-1 accident, car was totaled, insurance paid 23k for car, no injuries, car slid on ice, no ticket.

I was quoted 4.5k a year for me and the IS350.
I was an insurance underwriter for many years and 4500 for an IS350 2 speeding tickets and an accident 23 years old male is GOOD you must notlive in NY your premium would most likely be double that or more for that car. BTW that insurance agent kicked you off because each company has underwritingstipulations in the voluntary marke and you most likely no longer qualify for voluntary for that company and may need to be put in the state assigned riskpool. BTW You can stay on your fathers insurance until the day he dies there is no age limit although you SHOULD have your own insurance policy at that age.

state farm. what they're telling you about getting your own policy is BS my dad has a 2004 accord for me, a 2009 tahoe hybdid for my sister, a 2006 nissantitan for my other sister, 2001 s430 for my brother, and a 2006 crv for himself all under his name and we all don't pay that much. 315/6 months for myaccord, 900/6 months for the tahoe, 760/6 months for the titan, 450/6 months for the s430, and 330/ for the crv.

Originally Posted by Seattle206

-full-time college student
-2 speeding tickets in past 3 years
-1 accident, car was totaled, insurance paid 23k for car, no injuries, car slid on ice, no ticket.

I was quoted 4.5k a year for me and the IS350.
that's about right.

I have Allstate.

I paid $3,000 for mine my first year (24yrs) with countrywide.
They're the only company that accept me.

Originally Posted by manny1

Farmers Insurance
eff farmers my mom worked there for 30 plus years and now she works to part time jobs because they closed down every place and moved to kansas orsomethin like that

geico, 09 altima, 1 ticket this past year, but other than that nothing, super full coverage bc my car is a lease, i pay a yearly premium of 1920

Back
Top Bottom