Who are your early MLB All-Stars?

I know it's far too early, but I just turned in a ballot, anyway.

American League

C - Victor Martinez
1B - Kevin Youkilis
2B - Ian Kinsler
3B - Evan Longoria
SS - Jason Bartlett
OF - Nick Markakis
OF - Torii Hunter
OF - Jason Bay

P - Zack Greinke

National League

C - Bengie Molina
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - Chase Utley
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
SS - Ryan Theriot
OF - Andre Ethier
OF - Raul Ibanez
OF - Manny Ramirez

P - Johan Santana

The thought of Jason Bartlett being an All-Star.
sick.gif

I agree with most of your list, I'd replace Ethier with Beltran since he's leading the league in BA right now and his defense > Ethier's.

American League

C - Victor Martinez
1B - Kevin Youkilis
2B - Ian Kinsler
3B - Evan Longoria
SS - Jason Bartlett Scutaro (more rbi, walks, and clutch hits)
OF - Nick Markakis
OF - Torii Hunter
OF - Jason Bay

National League

C - Bengie Molina
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - Chase Utley
3B - David Wright (off to a slow start but his numbers will even out)
SS - Ryan Theriot
OF - Andre Ethier Carlos Beltran (highest avg in the N.L.)
OF - Raul Ibanez
OF - Manny Ramirez

SP:
AL- Greinke
NL- Santana

The NL shortstops need to step it up.

QFT, especially in the NL East.

I'd pencil Jeter in instead of Bartlett. They have very similar numbers but Bartlett has done it with about 15 less at-bats. But Bartlett isn't thefocal point in the lineup whle Jeter is by default because A-Rod has been hurt and Texieria has been slumping.

Carlos Pena and Brandon Inge have both had great years thus far.

The NL shortstops need to step it up.

Mauer will be a starter come July...obviously no one's going to have him in their ballot now though since he's only played 3 games since coming back.

You know damn well that the starting OFs in the AL won't be Markakis, Hunter and Bay (even though they may deserve it)

Well, this is a post your EARLY all-stars, so its mainly based on whats done so far.

If we're going to post who we really think will be all-stars (ie popularity), my list will change probably by 50%.

I'd pencil Jeter in instead of Bartlett. They have very similar numbers but Bartlett has done it with about 15 less at-bats. But Bartlett isn't the focal point in the lineup whle Jeter is by default because A-Rod has been hurt and Texieria has been slumping.

Bartlett is batting 80 points higher than Jeter, and his OPS is about 130 points higher.
Carlos Pena.
I can't disagree with that.

C - Posada
1B - Cabrera
2B - Kinsler
SS - Bartlett
3B - Longoria
OF - Bay
OF - Adam Jones
OF - Swisher

C - Bengie Molina
1B - Pujols
2B - Utley
SS - Ramirez
3B - Zimmerman
OF - Manny
OF - Cameron
OF - Ethier

Manny and Beltran will most likely start the way they've been hitting this year, so the last spot will probably be for Ibanez, Braun, or Ethier.

American League

C - Victor Martinez
1B - Kevin Youkilis
2B - Aaron Hill (His season has been every bit as good as Kinslers)
3B - Evan Longoria
SS - Marco Scutaro (His defense puts him over Bartlet)
OF - Nick Markakis
OF - Adam Jones
OF - Jason Bay

P - Zack Greinke

National League

C - Yadier Molina
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - Chase Utley
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
SS - Ryan Theriot
OF - Raul Ibanez
OF - Carlos Beltran
OF - Manny Ramirez

P - Dan Haren

Originally Posted by CP1708

Miguel Cabrera gotta be in there don't he?

Billingsley?

Youk is outplaying him.

and Johan and Haren have so far been better than Chad. But Chad is right there with them at number 3.

Beltran for once actually deserves it. His homerun numbers would be up there too if it weren't for Citi

finally Ryan Zimmerman is getting some respect and recognition. best 3b in the business.

Zimmerman and Dukes are both going to make their all-star debuts in St. Louis!

n207803528_30926567_8276.jpg

pimp.gif

Not too sure about a team YET,

but Ethier, Manny, and Bills are definitely in the mix for starting

O-dog should be on the squad too

I don't gte how Billingsly should get a start when Santana (so far) has better numbers all around in 1 less game:

Head to Head[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Player
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Team[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wins (MLB Rank)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Losses[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ERA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Strikeouts[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Games[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Complete Games[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Shutouts[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Saves[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Save Opportunities[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Innings Pitched[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Walks[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
7705.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Chad
Billingsley
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dodgers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5 (2)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0 (-)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.21 (9)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]42 (9)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6 (191)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0 (-)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0 (-)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0 (-)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0 (-)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]40.2 (
glasses.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16 (404)[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
6441.jpg
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Johan
Santana
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mets[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3 (13)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1 (105)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.10 (2)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]44 (6)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5 (237)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0 (-)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0 (-)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0 (-)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0 (-)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]32.2 (46)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9 (292)[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom