Who decided to nickname the Wht/Red XII "Cherry" XII's?????

Don't hear them called this anywhere but NT.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Originally Posted by Daver

KIDS. thats who. They like to simplify things instead of being into details. Makes their brain work less.
laugh.gif
. And plus, it probably sounds better to say "oh damn!! those CHERRY 12s are sick!" instead of "oh damn!! those WHITE AND VARSITY RED 12s are sick!" hahaha. And yes, the bay area is known to trend set but who really cares about what they're called? Call them what you want and make sure your up on your game when the conversation comes up. For the record, i call them white n red 12s..and im from the bay.

but saying red is shorter than "cherry"
i hate the name cherry to but you cant just call em red 12s
you forget that there are also black/red 12s
i just call em white/red

i hate this nickname "bred" sounds ok to me i think kids on youtube started calling it "cherry" same deal with the "oreo" nickname for the black cement 4s

UGH...add this to the list of most hated nicknames. Check out this blog I wrote 3 years ago...

http://www.uptempoairblog...he-shoe-worldby-ijapino/

[h2]http://www.uptempoairblogs.com/index.php/pet-peeves-in-the-shoe-worldby-ijapino/[/h2]
[h2]Pet Peeves in the shoe world…by ijapino[/h2]
By admin | March 28, 2007

written by : ijapino ( www.niketalk.com moderator)

[WARNING: if you're NOT a shoehead, shoe freak, or kicks enthusiast,you will probably have NO idea what I'm talking about....so readanother blog, please.]

Being in somewhat an obscure hobby, you tend to pick up on littlethings that bug you. For some it may be the fact that thingsaren't quite made like they used to be, or the fact that youcan’t get what you want when you want. We all have little peeves, butfor me being a moderator on a major sneaker message board, I comeacross many nuances. But one thing seems to stick out more than others.I cringe whenever I see people using some wacked out nickname todescribe a shoe. However, because I am a moderator, I have to swallowmy pride and be forced to act professional…But since this is a blogwhere I can vent out some frustration, I’m going to open this can ofworms…

Any time someone calls an Air Jordan by one of their dumbnicknames…BREDS…LASTSHOTS…PLAYOFFS…QUICKSTRIKES….NUBUCKS…I shake myhead. These are all dumb nicknames that someone once said, and peopleran with it. Lemme break it down…

“Breds

Originally Posted by abernja

REALLY??? - THE COLOR IS VARSITY RED!!!

I didn't read anywhere on the box tag about cherry red being on the shoes.

They didn't have a nickname before the Retro and they certainly don't need one now.

YES I'M MAD!!! Why can't they just be the Wht/Red XII like they've always been???
the same people who call the XIV lows Laneys, the 99 and 2000 IVs Vs, XIs, and 2001 XIs, OG. They're lames. I remember somebody calling the french blue XIIs, "wizard XIIs."
indifferent.gif

ive never herd of that nickname til this thread. yea i think its dumb n yea probaly some dutche from from the bay named them that, u know bay they hiphy lol im not gonna call them that

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by abernja

REALLY??? - THE COLOR IS VARSITY RED!!!

I didn't read anywhere on the box tag about cherry red being on the shoes.

They didn't have a nickname before the Retro and they certainly don't need one now.

YES I'M MAD!!! Why can't they just be the Wht/Red XII like they've always been???
the same people who call the XIV lows Laneys, the 99 and 2000 IVs Vs, XIs, and 2001 XIs, OG. They're lames. I remember somebody calling the french blue XIIs, "wizard XIIs."
indifferent.gif

that makes sense considering da french blue XII's morphed & spawned from what was going to be wizards XII's.....

and raptor VII's....it works

but as far as nicknames, its a tradition thats as old as da sneaker culture...people STILL call air force I's uptowns.....

Originally Posted by ijapino

UGH...add this to the list of most hated nicknames. Check out this blog I wrote 3 years ago...

http://www.uptempoairblog...he-shoe-worldby-ijapino/

[h2]http://www.uptempoairblogs.com/index.php/pet-peeves-in-the-shoe-worldby-ijapino/[/h2]
[h2]Pet Peeves in the shoe world…by ijapino[/h2]
By admin | March 28, 2007

written by : ijapino ( www.niketalk.com moderator)

[WARNING: if you're NOT a shoehead, shoe freak, or kicks enthusiast,you will probably have NO idea what I'm talking about....so readanother blog, please.]

Being in somewhat an obscure hobby, you tend to pick up on littlethings that bug you. For some it may be the fact that thingsaren't quite made like they used to be, or the fact that youcan’t get what you want when you want. We all have little peeves, butfor me being a moderator on a major sneaker message board, I comeacross many nuances. But one thing seems to stick out more than others.I cringe whenever I see people using some wacked out nickname todescribe a shoe. However, because I am a moderator, I have to swallowmy pride and be forced to act professional…But since this is a blogwhere I can vent out some frustration, I’m going to open this can ofworms…

Any time someone calls an Air Jordan by one of their dumbnicknames…BREDS…LASTSHOTS…PLAYOFFS…QUICKSTRIKES….NUBUCKS…I shake myhead. These are all dumb nicknames that someone once said, and peopleran with it. Lemme break it down…

“Breds

I personally love nicknames, it means them easier to explain to people. You cant just say white and red Vs because their are 2 colorways that are very similar. If you say Black/white XII you could be talking about the 2 shoes too. Thats why I love nicknames its way easier to distguinsh.

Pissed me off when people call them Cherry's as well. It just recently started like stated in this thread, never heard that term till recently.

Raptor VII's also pisses me off.

I usually call shoes by there colorways Black/Red etc, I hate when people say BREDS. I still remember a few years back when most people hated the term as well, seems like everyone uses it now.

I cannot see myself calling anything BREDS though. How hard is it to say Black/Red?

Back
Top Bottom