Who decided to nickname the Wht/Red XII "Cherry" XII's?????

REALLY??? - THE COLOR IS VARSITY RED!!!

I didn't read anywhere on the box tag about cherry red being on the shoes.

They didn't have a nickname before the Retro and they certainly don't need one now.

YES I'M MAD!!! Why can't they just be the Wht/Red XII like they've always been???

LOL I've always wondered the same thing. It pissed me off aswell. I think it came from the Bay Area...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

LOL I've always wondered the same thing. It pissed me off aswell. I think it came from the Bay Area...
laugh.gif

Don't try to blame that sh*t on us. People out here barely use any of those wack @ss nicknames. Most people out here don't even know the proper name, less known the some internet slang made by some niketalk nerds.

KIDS. thats who. They like to simplify things instead of being into details. Makes their brain work less.
laugh.gif
. And plus, it probably sounds better to say "oh damn!! those CHERRY 12s are sick!" instead of "oh damn!! those WHITE AND VARSITY RED 12s are sick!" hahaha. And yes, the bay area is known to trend set but who really cares about what they're called? Call them what you want and make sure your up on your game when the conversation comes up. For the record, i call them white n red 12s..and im from the bay.

What I want to know is, why its apparently been applied to EVERY white/red colorway of a jordan as well by some people.

I own the White & Varsity Red 12's & I'll be dam*ed if I let anyone call them "Cherrys" in front of me! Just like when people call the 7's "Raptors", smh...

Yes, that nickname crap is so annoying
smh.gif
.. I especially hate when Black/Red is referred to as "Bred"..like %!+? It sounds so stupid
indifferent.gif
. As well as raptors,cherries,...If the shoes don't got a nickname already, then JUST CALL THEM BY THEIR REAL COLORWAYS!
tired.gif
don't make stupid shiit up
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Cadwallader

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

laugh.gif

Don't try to blame that sh*t on us. People out here barely use any of those wack @ss nicknames. Most people out here don't even know the proper name, less known the some internet slang made by some niketalk nerds.

Oh yea? Explain this than 'Baydestrian'.
2e1ug5i.jpg

23pohj.jpg

I've been too many cities including, NYC, Cleveland, NJ, Chi-town and LA. NOBODY has ever called them "cherry"
laugh.gif
. SO yea, blame on the Bay.

ISS, newbs, ignorant fools, that guy "memphisfinests" with the messed up caps lock button, and so on

Reason I brought it up is cuz of a recent trend I've noticed. ANY Jordan shoe that is wht/red I've seen been called the Cherry ____

I owned the OG's and have two of the retro. Was just looking for a pair of OG's and the person selling their OG's called them the Cherry XII?

Before this retro I had NEVER EVER heard ANY Jordan shoe referred to as a Cherry colorway.

I've seen these in the last 2 weeks...
Wht/Red X = Cherry X
Wht/Red XI Low = Cherry XI
Wht/Red XII = Cherry XII

What's next?...
"Southside" I Low = Cherry I
CDP II = Cherry II
Wht/Red VI = Cherry VI
Wht/Red XIV = Cherry XIV
Wht/Red XVII = Cherry XVII
Midwest XIX = Cherry XIX
New Love XX3 = Cherry XX3

WHEN WILL THIS FOOLISHNESS STOP!!!!!!!

the guy who started this is obviously thinks he is cool by giving them a new nickname.

but the guy probably fails in life. and undoubtedly COLOR BLIND. go get your eyes checked.

roll.gif

probably the same moron that came up with "OREO" 6
mad.gif
if anyone says to me "cherry 12" or "OREO 6" im just going to act like i do not know what the hell he is talking about, i dont care.
smh.gif

Cherry and Oreo are stupid names but I don't care what people want to call them it doesn't bother me.

Back
Top Bottom