WHO declares Monkeypox outbreak a global emergency

I don't know why you're confused about something no one said.

If you’d like to make the point that gay men should be especially vigilant right now, fine - the WHO and CDC already have - but to give someone the flippant “advice” that unless they’re having sex with other men, they’ve nothing to worry about (as you did in a since-deleted post) is both immature and irresponsible.

Perhaps the worst thing we can do right now is to give people a false sense of security.

We’ve already seen how that plays out.

Ok insinuating it's an STI or a gay disease will do more harm than good. BIgots will interprete this rhetoric as being immune to it.

don't "play" dumb now. This entire thread has been you blaming gay people for monkey pox. Don't try to downplay it now. :lol:

This has become his MO. Every few weeks, he goes off on one of these knee-jerk anti-woke tantrums, then spends 22 pages gradually walking it back while pretending it’s a victory lap.

He did the same thing over the “defund the police” movement in 2020 and never recovered. If you visit the Political Discussion Thread you’ll see that he’s still squabbling with people about it even now, in a vain, revisionist attempt to massage his bad hot take into something resembling a reasonable argument.

He’ll whine about his shifting, ad-hoc rants being mischaracterized, but then ask - without hint of irony - why you want to kill gay people. That should be your sign that it’s not a serious discussion.

At a certain point (preferably before round 10) you have to recognize that it’s long since ceased to be about the ostensible subject matter - if it ever was to begin with.

Continuing to poke at his bruised ego is of no benefit to the thread.

It’s the responsibility of our moderation team to ensure that our community is not used to disseminate medical misinformation.

The facts should not be in dispute here. Monkeypox is not an STI. The virus doesn’t care about your sexuality. Anyone can contract it. Skin-to-skin contact with an infected individual is especially likely to result in transmission.

Let’s move on.

Just like they did once it became known that COVID was pretty devastating in some minority communities. All of a sudden, the bigots threw caution out of the window, and here we are.

An important part of communicating to the general public is taking into account the unintended consequences of the message. That's why the emphasis is on what monkey pox is/how it transmits, and not on who is currently affected.

HIV/AIDS was called a “Gay-related infectious disease” until it wasn’t. Calling COVID-19 the “China virus” didn’t protect anyone.

Some of the midwesterners who laughed as NYC hospitals were overwhelmed by the first wave, characterizing it as divine punishment or an example of liberal political failures, found themselves on respirators just a few weeks later.

Kids are already getting this in the US. This isn’t a hypothetical, and we aren’t keeping them - or anyone - safe by implying that you’re probably fine as long as you’re not a sexually active gay man.

It’s the responsibility of our moderation team to ensure that our community is not used to disseminate medical misinformation.

I agree with this but it should be done in a way that allows for opposing viewpoints and is not biased based on political leanings. These threads are moderated based on the moderators personal feelings and biases, and not the actual existing medical information and current public health guidance.

I agree with this but it should be done in a way that allows for opposing viewpoints and is not biased based on political leanings. These threads are moderated based on the moderators personal feelings and biases, and not the actual existing medical information and current public health guidance.

There exists a wide array of viewpoints in the COVID-19 thread, and most NikeTalk discussions overall, but it’s worth noting that not every issue has two and only two sides, much less two equally valid sides.

We need not abide “opposing viewpoints” on whether or not the Holocaust happened, for example, or if COVID-19 represents a real, ongoing pandemic as opposed to a “fake plandemic.”

These should not be political issues.

That members of one political party are more likely to believe the fictitious conspiracy theory that COVID-19 vaccines contain “5G tracking chips” does not require us to willfully platform dangerous misinformation for the sake of “fairness.”

Pretty sure meth used public health guidance and well established knowledge of how this virus is transmitted including examples of other pandemics when he expressed his thoughts on this issue.

There's only one person in here obviously making statements based on their own biases.

Only in Umurica does science become an issue of politics and viruses absolutely love it.

There are many opposing viewpoints not allowed on NT for the greater good eg. Blatant racism, homophobia, sexism etc. If you want a free for all of opposing views take it to stormfront or qanon websites.

Damn, I'm concerned, is it safe to ride the bus?

"UNLESS YOU'RE IN A 10 WAY MALE ON MALE OIL WRESTLING MATCH, UNLIMITED TOPPY ON THAT BUS YOU GOOD"

given that the 95% of the transmission are occuring during sex.
I don't think you need worry about the bus...unless you typically have sex on the bus.

you can caricature it if you want.

Im just following the science.

Now dude is pulling random percentages our of his ***. :lol:

no this is simply evidence you don't read. :lol:

I posted the source on that multiple times.

1660136611116.png

"Are likely"? Post actual data with a robust sample size showing this?

Like I said before this is what happens when you present a D student or people who have rudimentary knowledge of biostatistics with raw data.

again man READ.
i posted to the actual study with all the data.

you keep accusing me of being a D student, but you refuse to READ.

and i've posted other studies on this. you can god back through my posts and find it.
im not baby sitting you anymore.

again man READ.
i posted to the actual study with all the data.

you keep accusing me of being a D student, but you refuse to READ.

and i've posted other studies on this. you can god back through my posts and find it.
im not baby sitting you anymore.

The one with the sample size of 5000 people? :lol:

The one with the sample size of 5000 people? :lol:

actually a sample of 5000 people for a virus that had under probably under 15k cases in europe and US at the time that study was done.
is really good a robust sample size.

it's clearly good enough for anthony fauci to feel confident enough to tell people that it's primarily spreading in the gay community.

so don't trust me, trust him.

Uhhhh here's what we received on eligibility for the monkey pox vaccine.
To put it lightly, you have to be a bit promiscuous :lol:
354497E4-A35A-411A-9CA2-727948259F1B.jpeg

What's midwit mean?
Someone of a average intelligence that holds supposedly mainstream, and is full of himself and overestimates their intelligence.

It was an insult that was popular on 4Chan. Dudes on NeoGaf used to use it too.

As an insult it kinda functions the same way as calling some a "sheep"

There might be some other meaning I don't know about. But in online discussion spaces it is mostly just an internet ******* buzzword. Seems like that was the context Osh was using it in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom