WHO DO YOU FOLLOW... ?

Discussion in 'General' started by brokeballah, Feb 26, 2009.

1. brokeballah

brokeballah Banned

Which person is the most entertaining on twitter ?

- Noreaga
    - Benballer
    - CNN MONEY
    - CNN
    - KNICKS
    - Hypebeast

Add yours [​IMG]

2. nktran001

nktran001

What is this new 'twitter'?

But, I follow my own footsteps.

3. eff ecks

eff ecks

Twitter is so GD stupid.

4. northparkblind

northparkblind

this thread is stupid...

5. jeenewed

jeenewed

Shaq

/thread

6. vctry20

vctry20

Yup

also Rainn Wilson is pretty funny

7. ubuibeme

ubuibeme

I never understood the whole twitter thing either, or maybe I just made no attempt to.

8. scotthallwithapick

scotthallwithapick

I seriously don't understand the tweets

9. brokeballah

brokeballah Banned

i never understood either.. but i just knew that twitter was getting big. I walked into Barnes and Nobles one day and i saw BOOKS on How Twitter BroughtSuccess to these certain People. Looks like its the NEXT big tool to NETWORK [​IMG] JUMP ON THE WAGON PEOPLE and try to get as many people to FOLLOW you. Be aLEADER [​IMG]

10. springfieldxd

springfieldxd Banned

jesus...

11. nomadicsole21

nomadicsole21

Celebrities Dont Phase Me.

12. numba1kickrocka

numba1kickrocka

Twitter is just like myspace,aim or facebook status updates except thats all you do is update what your doing [​IMG] its garbage dont believe the hype

13. ripyzyz

ripyzyz

I got my own life to live.

14. brokeballah

brokeballah Banned

twitter topics making people bitter :T

P.S. that rhymed and im not even a rapper. [​IMG]

15. ady2glude707

ady2glude707

co-sign

16. falcon4567

falcon4567

Twitter, I feel, is different from other social networking sites in that it's neither not necessarily about enhancing or supplementing your real lifesocial connections nor is it about engaging in an empty popularity contest. The way Twitter works in my mind is that it trades off of the idea of "spheresof influence" and the examples I always use to explain this are Barack Obama and Kevin Rose.

The reason people started following Obama on Twitter is because they felt a connection to his campaign and wanted to stay connected with it. It's the samereason why people follow CNN or The New York Times on Twitter; they want to enhance their connection to that brand and be able to receive immediate informationfrom those sources.

Following celebrities on Twitter is something slightly different and this is where we get into my theory of "spheres of influence". I mention KevinRose because he's one of the top people on Twitter and someone I myself follow. The reason I follow Kevin is because I have a personal connection to him.I'm not his friend nor do I imagine myself to be but as a fan I've had a relationship with him that goes back to watching The Screen Savers in 2002. I want to follow him because he's an arbiter in a field I have an interest in so when he posts alink to a new service or blog post that means something to me because I value him as a source of information, when he posts up a funny anecdote that's justnice because I've bought into him as a brand.

When you enter into the Twitter community, you're entering into a dynamic resource pool where you're able to directly engage the things and peopleyou've already decided are important to you in a more immediate way.

And this concludes a long post almost none of you are going to read.

17. marath0n

marath0n

That's something that I've always thought about Twitter but haven't been able to put it into words.
    Well spoken.

18. scotthallwithapick

scotthallwithapick

no it didnt rhyme

19. 11wordisbond

11wordisbond

20. joegalvan

joegalvan

not even a little.

21. lesfamilia

lesfamilia

Upped, because I believe more people need to see Falcon's analysis of Twitter.

22. dman14

dman14

know someone that works for twitter (dude is about to get PAID) and i was like *!$ is this crap when he first told me about this
    im not a big FB, myspace user, since i havent even logged on in ages, but twitter is great if you are fan of someone and want to follow what they got to say (idont personally use twitter, but i understand why it would be popular)

what i dont understand is people that tweet every minute about nonsense though, just another thing for internet users to get addicted to, i guess.

23. brokeballah

brokeballah Banned

You can become your own celebrity if you really wanted to be. you just need to be universally attracting to people for them to follow you. It'sinteresting. Ben Ballers Twitter is someone to follow. My friends are making great business thru twitter. check out DIDDY he's wildin lol. his name isiamdiddy.