WHO DO YOU FOLLOW... ?

brokeballah

Banned
Which person is the most entertaining on twitter ?

- Noreaga
- Benballer
- CNN MONEY
- CNN
- KNICKS
- Hypebeast

Add yours
smile.gif

I never understood the whole twitter thing either, or maybe I just made no attempt to.

i never understood either.. but i just knew that twitter was getting big. I walked into Barnes and Nobles one day and i saw BOOKS on How Twitter BroughtSuccess to these certain People. Looks like its the NEXT big tool to NETWORK
smile.gif
JUMP ON THE WAGON PEOPLE and try to get as many people to FOLLOW you. Be aLEADER
smile.gif

Twitter is just like myspace,aim or facebook status updates except thats all you do is update what your doing
smh.gif
its garbage dont believe the hype

Twitter, I feel, is different from other social networking sites in that it's neither not necessarily about enhancing or supplementing your real lifesocial connections nor is it about engaging in an empty popularity contest. The way Twitter works in my mind is that it trades off of the idea of "spheresof influence" and the examples I always use to explain this are Barack Obama and Kevin Rose.

The reason people started following Obama on Twitter is because they felt a connection to his campaign and wanted to stay connected with it. It's the samereason why people follow CNN or The New York Times on Twitter; they want to enhance their connection to that brand and be able to receive immediate informationfrom those sources.

Following celebrities on Twitter is something slightly different and this is where we get into my theory of "spheres of influence". I mention KevinRose because he's one of the top people on Twitter and someone I myself follow. The reason I follow Kevin is because I have a personal connection to him.I'm not his friend nor do I imagine myself to be but as a fan I've had a relationship with him that goes back to watching The Screen Savers in 2002. I want to follow him because he's an arbiter in a field I have an interest in so when he posts alink to a new service or blog post that means something to me because I value him as a source of information, when he posts up a funny anecdote that's justnice because I've bought into him as a brand.

When you enter into the Twitter community, you're entering into a dynamic resource pool where you're able to directly engage the things and peopleyou've already decided are important to you in a more immediate way.

And this concludes a long post almost none of you are going to read.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Twitter, I feel, is different from other social networking sites in that it's neither not necessarily about enhancing or supplementing your real life social connections nor is it about engaging in an empty popularity contest. The way Twitter works in my mind is that it trades off of the idea of "spheres of influence" and the examples I always use to explain this are Barack Obama and Kevin Rose.

The reason people started following Obama on Twitter is because they felt a connection to his campaign and wanted to stay connected with it. It's the same reason why people follow CNN or The New York Times on Twitter; they want to enhance their connection to that brand and be able to receive immediate information from those sources.

Following celebrities on Twitter is something slightly different and this is where we get into my theory of "spheres of influence". I mention Kevin Rose because he's one of the top people on Twitter and someone I myself follow. The reason I follow Kevin is because I have a personal connection to him. I'm not his friend nor do I imagine myself to be but as a fan I've had a relationship with him that goes back to watching the Screen Savers in 2002. I want to follow him because he's an arbiter in a field I have an interest in so when he posts a link to a new service or blog post that means something to me because I value him as a source of information, when he posts up a funny anecdote that's just nice because I've bought into him as a brand.

When you enter into the Twitter community, you're entering into a dynamic resource pool where you're able to directly engage the things and people you've already decided are important to you in a more immediate way.

And this concludes a long post almost none of you are going to read.
That's something that I've always thought about Twitter but haven't been able to put it into words.
Well spoken.

know someone that works for twitter (dude is about to get PAID) and i was like *!$ is this crap when he first told me about this
im not a big FB, myspace user, since i havent even logged on in ages, but twitter is great if you are fan of someone and want to follow what they got to say (idont personally use twitter, but i understand why it would be popular)

what i dont understand is people that tweet every minute about nonsense though, just another thing for internet users to get addicted to, i guess.

You can become your own celebrity if you really wanted to be. you just need to be universally attracting to people for them to follow you. It'sinteresting. Ben Ballers Twitter is someone to follow. My friends are making great business thru twitter. check out DIDDY he's wildin lol. his name isiamdiddy.

Back
Top Bottom