Who else HATES the Police?

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

I'll bet that most of you who have had these bad experiences with cops brought it upon themselves. Honestly, if you're cool with the cops they're cool with you.
People are always talking about cops being disrespectful and stuff. They're not there to be your friends, they're there to "protect and serve."

Would you like them to say "May I please have your liscense and registration?" Why not have em wipe your +!+ for you?

You guys assume the moment you hear the siren that you're gonna be on the news on some Rodney King type steez. That's not always the case.
Unfortunately if you're black you have to worry about that but I agree for the most part. Instead of jawing off at cops just let them be(half the stuff they say is basically done as entrapment so why give them the satisfaction) and eventually you'll be home without any major issues.

I'll bet that most of you who have had these bad experiences with cops brought it upon themselves. Honestly, if you're cool with the cops they're cool with you.
People are always talking about cops being disrespectful and stuff. They're not there to be your friends, they're there to "protect and serve."

Would you like them to say "May I please have your liscense and registration?" Why not have em wipe your +!+ for you?

You guys assume the moment you hear the siren that you're gonna be on the news on some Rodney King type steez. That's not always the case.
Unfortunately if you're black you have to worry about that but I agree for the most part. Instead of jawing off at cops just let them be(half the stuff they say is basically done as entrapment so why give them the satisfaction) and eventually you'll be home without any major issues.

not necessarily true

the other night i was WALKING home from a friends house around 3am.   i had a few drinks  hence the reason for walking. i get stopped by a cop who asks for my info and id. i proceeded to give him my id and my info but  i asked for his reasoning as to why he wanted my id and info and what he was stopping me for. he then screamed at me to get in his car.  i told him no because i felt safer outside by where his dashboard camera was. he asked to search me and again i asked why he wanted to search me and what did i do wrong? again he refused to answer this. i ended up saying F it and let him search me since it was late the street was empty and i was by myself so i had no witnesses in the event he tried something fishy, but i told him that if he was expecting to hit the jackpot and find something on me he'd be very dissapointed. after searching me and realizing i had nothing on me he let me go. again i asked for his reasoning as to why he stopped me,   he told me because he got a report of someone breaking in cars. i asked who made the report and if the descrption of the suspect matched me.  he refused to say.  then i asked for his name and badge number and he refused to give me those as well.

i talked to a few cop friends of mine and they told me i should file a complaint and i went ahead to the station, gave a description of the officer and filled out a bunch of papers and their opening an investiagaton regarding it.  between him refusing to give me his badge number and name,  trying to get me in the car without searching me first so that he wouldn't be on the dashboard camera, and lying about a supposed car break in that never happened the people i talked to said i got a legit case.

honestly though i always answer cops with yes officer and no officer and im respectful but i know my rights as well and most of the time cops think knowing your rights = "playing lawyer" and that's a problem.

not necessarily true

the other night i was WALKING home from a friends house around 3am.   i had a few drinks  hence the reason for walking. i get stopped by a cop who asks for my info and id. i proceeded to give him my id and my info but  i asked for his reasoning as to why he wanted my id and info and what he was stopping me for. he then screamed at me to get in his car.  i told him no because i felt safer outside by where his dashboard camera was. he asked to search me and again i asked why he wanted to search me and what did i do wrong? again he refused to answer this. i ended up saying F it and let him search me since it was late the street was empty and i was by myself so i had no witnesses in the event he tried something fishy, but i told him that if he was expecting to hit the jackpot and find something on me he'd be very dissapointed. after searching me and realizing i had nothing on me he let me go. again i asked for his reasoning as to why he stopped me,   he told me because he got a report of someone breaking in cars. i asked who made the report and if the descrption of the suspect matched me.  he refused to say.  then i asked for his name and badge number and he refused to give me those as well.

i talked to a few cop friends of mine and they told me i should file a complaint and i went ahead to the station, gave a description of the officer and filled out a bunch of papers and their opening an investiagaton regarding it.  between him refusing to give me his badge number and name,  trying to get me in the car without searching me first so that he wouldn't be on the dashboard camera, and lying about a supposed car break in that never happened the people i talked to said i got a legit case.

honestly though i always answer cops with yes officer and no officer and im respectful but i know my rights as well and most of the time cops think knowing your rights = "playing lawyer" and that's a problem.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

not necessarily true

thats wrong on his part, no doubt. You handled the situation really well, I would have done the same.
I'm not trying to say all cops are good, because thats not true but I do feel people just feel that way towards cops because thats how they were taught to believe.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

not necessarily true

thats wrong on his part, no doubt. You handled the situation really well, I would have done the same.
I'm not trying to say all cops are good, because thats not true but I do feel people just feel that way towards cops because thats how they were taught to believe.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by andybricks

I don't think I hate or fear anyone more then the police....they are officially the biggest gang and if you are not Paying up your getting locked up....

Police lock people up for not giving them bribes? Where are we Nigeria?
laugh.gif

Haha, besides your name you are one of my favorite NTers.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by andybricks

I don't think I hate or fear anyone more then the police....they are officially the biggest gang and if you are not Paying up your getting locked up....

Police lock people up for not giving them bribes? Where are we Nigeria?
laugh.gif

Haha, besides your name you are one of my favorite NTers.

it's not always the case but in some situations it's justified. about 10 years ago we had the rampart district scandal here in LA and hearing about unarmed amadou diallo getting shot back in 1999 it left an impression on me regarding law enforcement.

i know cops aren't supposed to be your friends and buddy buddy with you but one problem to me is that their out of touch with the communities they serve. alot of sheriffs in the los angeles area don't live anywhere near the area and just go do their job and go home which is usually far from the city they work in. 

when i was little their would be cops throwing footballs around to kids, talking to kids, talking to people in the neighborhood and interacting with them and letting the community know their regular people too and i think it did alot. people in the area have more of a level of trust with the cops because it seemed like they were actually interested in the area they were sworn to protect and serve.

i know some people who hate the police just because they won't let them commit crimes and their reasoning is stupid.

for me, i'm always respectful to them because i know things are usually quicker that way and if i didn't do anything or have anything on me i don't have nothing to worry about, but it gets under my skin when they stop me just to stop me thinking they'll get lucky and find something on me and that i won't ask questions like im completely naive.

it's not always the case but in some situations it's justified. about 10 years ago we had the rampart district scandal here in LA and hearing about unarmed amadou diallo getting shot back in 1999 it left an impression on me regarding law enforcement.

i know cops aren't supposed to be your friends and buddy buddy with you but one problem to me is that their out of touch with the communities they serve. alot of sheriffs in the los angeles area don't live anywhere near the area and just go do their job and go home which is usually far from the city they work in. 

when i was little their would be cops throwing footballs around to kids, talking to kids, talking to people in the neighborhood and interacting with them and letting the community know their regular people too and i think it did alot. people in the area have more of a level of trust with the cops because it seemed like they were actually interested in the area they were sworn to protect and serve.

i know some people who hate the police just because they won't let them commit crimes and their reasoning is stupid.

for me, i'm always respectful to them because i know things are usually quicker that way and if i didn't do anything or have anything on me i don't have nothing to worry about, but it gets under my skin when they stop me just to stop me thinking they'll get lucky and find something on me and that i won't ask questions like im completely naive.

Originally Posted by TonyReali

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Originally Posted by al3x89

yes.. that will get you very far 
tired.gif

and i'm positive that all the people here who are "%$#$ the police" have this type of attitude, which is WHY they get constantly harassed
3 high school seniors just left a club a few nights before graduation.
they hop in the driver's car (99 escalade....actually his mom's) and begin to make thier way out of the parking lot.
the club just let out, so the womenz are everywhere. they pull up on a chik so one of the dudes can holla
next thing u know, the truck is surrounded by police cars blocking all paths
"get the %%@% out the car"
guns are drawn by these officers as they approach the truck
the driver complies, and stops the truck after a few cops put beams on them nd beat on the doors
the guys in the passenger side and back seat never touched the ground when they opened the doors, str8 from the truck to the hood of a cop car...the driver is now face down on the ground
no rights were read, no explanation was given until these gys were handcuffed and in the backseat of cop cars
thier reason was this same truck "looked like a stolen vehicle", but the tags weren't ran until after they were totally embarrassed and wrongfully accused
no one was seriously injured, but the driver still has that glass sratch on his face from a busted beer bottle he was laying on while the police searched the vehicle
not a single damn has been given for police since this happened to me, and i neva got that chiks digits

And people wonder why we dislike cops.

I've been patted down, cuffed, and thrown in the backseat of a cop car without the cop searching my plates or anything. All up in my whip looking for the trees or anything else they can bust a young minority down with.

After 10 minutes, one of the cops runs my plates while I'm in the backseat of the car and sees that my car is registered under my dad's name who is a high ranking law enforcement official, then he yells to his partner "Frank, Stop! We're done here!"

Only god knows what they would have done if my dad wasn't who he was. This was only one instance in my life, but this lets you know that %%+$ is real... So no matter what you people say about cops, you won't be able to sway me or anyone else in our disdain for them.

There's is no possible way for it to show that the car in question was owned or registered to a "high ranking law enforcement official".

Originally Posted by TonyReali

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Originally Posted by al3x89

yes.. that will get you very far 
tired.gif

and i'm positive that all the people here who are "%$#$ the police" have this type of attitude, which is WHY they get constantly harassed
3 high school seniors just left a club a few nights before graduation.
they hop in the driver's car (99 escalade....actually his mom's) and begin to make thier way out of the parking lot.
the club just let out, so the womenz are everywhere. they pull up on a chik so one of the dudes can holla
next thing u know, the truck is surrounded by police cars blocking all paths
"get the %%@% out the car"
guns are drawn by these officers as they approach the truck
the driver complies, and stops the truck after a few cops put beams on them nd beat on the doors
the guys in the passenger side and back seat never touched the ground when they opened the doors, str8 from the truck to the hood of a cop car...the driver is now face down on the ground
no rights were read, no explanation was given until these gys were handcuffed and in the backseat of cop cars
thier reason was this same truck "looked like a stolen vehicle", but the tags weren't ran until after they were totally embarrassed and wrongfully accused
no one was seriously injured, but the driver still has that glass sratch on his face from a busted beer bottle he was laying on while the police searched the vehicle
not a single damn has been given for police since this happened to me, and i neva got that chiks digits

And people wonder why we dislike cops.

I've been patted down, cuffed, and thrown in the backseat of a cop car without the cop searching my plates or anything. All up in my whip looking for the trees or anything else they can bust a young minority down with.

After 10 minutes, one of the cops runs my plates while I'm in the backseat of the car and sees that my car is registered under my dad's name who is a high ranking law enforcement official, then he yells to his partner "Frank, Stop! We're done here!"

Only god knows what they would have done if my dad wasn't who he was. This was only one instance in my life, but this lets you know that %%+$ is real... So no matter what you people say about cops, you won't be able to sway me or anyone else in our disdain for them.

There's is no possible way for it to show that the car in question was owned or registered to a "high ranking law enforcement official".

Another one of these silly posts... look man....... Im a dc cop come to MY city and I will show you around and change your perspective of the police !!!!

Another one of these silly posts... look man....... Im a dc cop come to MY city and I will show you around and change your perspective of the police !!!!

Don't have a problem with Moco cops, PG/College Park cops are complete pigs. A sitting CP cop pulled me over for tints. Yeah, I'm sure you weren't profiling my EVO @#%^$
What a waste of money getting it removed. 

Don't have a problem with Moco cops, PG/College Park cops are complete pigs. A sitting CP cop pulled me over for tints. Yeah, I'm sure you weren't profiling my EVO @#%^$

I have had good & bad experiences with cops, I just chill n let them do their job.

I have had good & bad experiences with cops, I just chill n let them do their job.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Try driving a "hood" old american car
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom