Who else would recycle if it weren't so damn inconvenient

I don't think it is a hassell at all. One thing I hate about DC, I suspect they put the trash and recycled items in the same place. The truck picks up BOTH on Tuesday morning, the same damn truck. So I go to MD to recycle my stuff, I don't trust DC at all.

But we all need to be like Japan

I give my empty bottle and cans to old Chinese ladies who search in the garbage can. Some of them follow you until your finish with the can and ask you for it.

you gotta be from new york!! this happens all the time.
had to tell the lady "yo i just bought this sprite can i atleast open the can" lol

Last edited:
I don't think it is a hassell at all. One thing I hate about DC, I suspect they put the trash and recycled items in the same place. The truck picks up BOTH on Tuesday morning, the same damn truck. So I go to MD to recycle my stuff, I don't trust DC at all.

But we all need to be like Japan

We can’t even get our roads fixed properly, of course they won’t have separate trucks.

I think it's more about it not being a habit for folks vs. It being difficult to do.

I find it no different than taking out the trash if we are being honest but folks just have to want to do it.

I’m semi shocked at the responses here. I legit thought everyone just recycles. The amount of effort it takes is so small. I thought it’s like how smoking became not cool / people dramatically reduced smoking quite a bit . that people just got used to recycling and its become mainstream in the way people life life.

Where are you people going that there isn’t a recycle bin. The only time is yeah if you’re walking around with food or something.

I legit am disappointed. That said, there’s a lot of inefficiencies and not good practices in the actual end game of it. So, we need a completely different approach and agreed with whoever said we gotta think more about this from the business non individual side of it too.

Need more of this in the world

I’m semi shocked at the responses here. I legit thought everyone just recycles. The amount of effort it takes is so small. I thought it’s like how smoking became not cool / people dramatically reduced smoking quite a bit . that people just got used to recycling and its become mainstream in the way people life life.

Where are you people going that there isn’t a recycle bin. The only time is yeah if you’re walking around with food or something.

I legit am disappointed. That said, there’s a lot of inefficiencies and not good practices in the actual end game of it. So, we need a completely different approach and agreed with whoever said we gotta think more about this from the business non individual side of it too.

Need more of this in the world

I feel the same way. All you gotta do is look to see if what you used is recyclable(on the side of bottom of packaging) and put it in the appropriate bin(paper, metal, glass, plastic, or landfill). It's even easier at home: I have a bin for regular garbage, a blue bin for everything recyclable, and a green bin for anything organic/natural.

I just take recycled products home and do it that way.

I don't trust that other humans throw stuff away the right way in public.

DC finally has two trucks. One for trash and one for recycled products.

Consumer recycling is a scam.

Most plastic waste comes from manufacturing.
This is true for all pollution.

That's not an excuse to be thoughtless about keeping our direct environment clean, but folks should aware that the largest polluters (oil companies) have ran a successful PR campaign to pull the wool over their eyes.

This is true for all pollution.

That's not an excuse to be thoughtless about keeping our direct environment clean, but folks should aware that the largest polluters (oil companies) have ran a successful PR campaign to pull the wool over their eyes.

I’m just saying most people have been brainwashed to believe that the things they recycle make up the most of all waste when it isn’t true. Even of the things you do recycle only like well less than 20% of it truly gets recycled. So this is like 20% of the maybe 33% of waste that actually come from consumers. Think of all the food court waste bins that have no sorting. Think of all the packaging that comes with consumer goods. If you’ve ever worked in retail you know. None of that **** is getting recycled.

I recycle just because I want back some of that CRV tax they take from me. I’m just being real :lol:

Back
Top Bottom