Who Fell Off The Hardest: DMX, Prodigy, Em, Cam or Uncle L

All 5 of the aformentioned rappers were at the top of their game when they first came out but later down in their career both their lyrical skills and ability to make good music deminished.

So my question is who fell off the hardest?

For me its a tie between X & P, Dmx's first 2 albums could be seen as hip-hop classics and Prodigy has The Infamous & Hell On Earth along with a great solo effort in H.N.I.C. Dmx for me was one of the realest dudes when he dropped, son just brought that raw, unadulterated hip-hop but then at the same time made club bangers like Party Up and emotional tracks like Slippin, I mean X was one of the most well-rounded rappers during his era even more so than Nas at the time, then right after And Then There was X son just fell off like crazy. Great Depression had some bangers don't get me wrong [Who We Be is a top 10 X joint] but that was a huge disappointment compared to his previously released albums. With Prodigy aww man you don't even have to go in-depth just listen to his raps on The Infamous compared to now, son literally went from spitting hip-hop quotables to straight garbage raps.

Em - his skills seem to still be there but its like that passion is lost, duke is a top 10 lyricist putting out half-assed albums.

Cam - as much as Dipstans try to hide the fact-- Cam fell off after CHWM, Purple Haze was cool but nothing on the level of Confessions or CHWM.

LL - Real Talk Ill Bomb was the last hot record LL made and that was back in 2000. Half his catalog is greatness and the other half is subpar sh..
We could trade places, get lifted in the staircases
Word up, peace incarcerated scarfaces

Quote:
that @#%$ did NOT COME HOME WITH ME.
:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i'll say prodigy.

he was ne of the best rappers in the 90s, but the last 5-7 years he's been :smh:
smh.gif
TEAMMUSICFORUM

Where Logic Goes To Die

"The Documentary is a classic"​

Quote:
Raekwon

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
damn forgot all about duke, yupe he's up there too. No way can a rapper go from making one of the greatest hip-hop albums of all times to coming out with sh.. like Immobilarity

edit:smh: @ me forgetting about Rae when he's my Avy and Sig
We could trade places, get lifted in the staircases
Word up, peace incarcerated scarfaces

Its Prodigy. I havent seen a fall off like that in a min. Dude fell off hard. I dont kno if its cuz hes taken so many Ls that his lyrics got so much worse or dude feels he is never gonna go plat again. His fall off is irreversible, his issh has dropped in all categories all he got left is Havoc or Amchemist to make him hot beats

I actually believe Cam can make music on the level of CHWM with his upcoming mixtape and album, he still has time in his career.

The fact that most older veteran rappers dont officially retire is one of the reasons LL hasnt really fell off dude is just trying to keep up. If thats da case Big Daddy Kane fell off and Krs One along with many others. dude geared himsef to the ladies for so long other topics in his music just werent as good. If he had kept a balance hed be in a much better position now.

DMX last efforts werent as good as his best work clearly but out of ya whole list this dude is due. I can see him making a come back. The thing is the roc made him fall off and Im talkin crack. If he can somehow get focused again in the studio maybe with a new label I see him dropping atleast 2 more classics.

What you say about Em is correct, dude just lost the passion. I noticed that most of his topics were about immediate problems and he either spoke on em so good da 1st time or wiped em out(Benzino) that he was left to make weak attempts at club songs and his continuous cheap shots at pop artists which are old now. Skill wise he has had the 2nd hardest fall off listen to Infinite and then Encore :smh:
smh.gif

:smokin
smokin.gif
Team Otaku
TeamWolfShirts
"Its painful how sexy I look in this."

I can't really say any of these dudes fell off. If anything has changed, it's the music. All of these artist still have thier core fanbase that will always support them. We all know Em is good money forever & I'm convinced he can still come out & rip 90% of the artist that's out now. Even though Prodigy is doin' a skid, when he come out he still gonna have people anticipating that HNIC record & another Mobb album. I just seen LL on Rachel Ray promoting his fitness book, so I know he good. He prolly still spendin' "In The House" money. Cam is just in a hiatus, I got confidence in him that he'll come back & get the ball rollin' again. I guess that leaves us wit' X. If his intrest in becoming a pastor is genuine, then I know God will take care of him. Otherwise, I hate to say it but he might be the one to fall by the wayside with all of the issues he has in his life right now.....
"...Switchin' Benzes, 10 Carat Figgas In Gold Lenses, Frontin' Like You Sittin' On A Lump, You Sittin' On Junk....
.....You Wanna Pull A Hiest, Draw Guns & Robberies, You Wanna Rap Rep Step In Yellow Wallabees....."​

its Prodigy hands down....he's the only rapper you can say is pretty much horrible now. Like lyrically, he can be mentioned in the same breath than N.O.R.E right now...
....Da Upper Echelon Don....​

",,,cocked the baby 9mm, that N' gravy mine...*clanked him*-what was he thinkin on my corner when it's 'Pay-Me' time?"

Quote:
damn forgot all about duke, yupe he's up there too. No way can a rapper go from making one of the greatest hip-hop albums of all times to coming out with sh.. like Immobilarity
:smh:
smh.gif
Gino Vannelli​

DMX.

Compare his first two albums to his last two. The difference is amazing.

- Tical.
TEAMMUSICFORUM
Where Rap is the Only Genre That Exists​

Em's comin back and i'm real excited for it. he's gonna bbring HEAT
I pity da foo who made dis post.

X and P.

Canibus didn't really fall off - he just became irrelevant - the talent was still there...I just stopped checkin' for it.

Em is about to be a beast when he drops. My Spidey Sense can feel it. He got burnt out for a few, but bump that verse over "Got it Twisted" and say he fell off..

Killa is still that dude IMO...he just got some crew issues to handle, but if he spit about it - you'd check for it.

And I may be in the minority, but "Purple Haze" is my favorite Cam album - followed closely by SDE...

But really, Foxy Brown and Bizzy Bone beat all.

Nice thread BTW.

I will redeem myself.
I have to.
TEAMMUSICFORUM
Surrounded by idiots. Word to P and Timbo.​

And yeah...Lauryn Hill too.
I will redeem myself.
I have to.
TEAMMUSICFORUM

return of the mac is garbage. p sucks now.
alchemist did right but thats about it.

id say ol man LL hahah...
since dude prolly had the most quality out of the nominees
then p
then dmx
then 50 cent
then cam..... cam aint really fall off too much he been garbage. CHWM is soooo overrated.

F.C.BARCELONA
---myspace.com/JAPEsbeats---

Return of the Mac definitley is NOT garbage .

but P has fallen off immensly . I love dude (no mo) but it`s unfortunate that his physical and mental health destroy his ability to be creative.

Man...Prodigy is a touchy subject.

I'll give P his respect for his catalogue, but now it's "what have you done for me lately." I admit, I'm the typical fickle hip hop fan in this case...

But dig - I came up in the era where rappers lived the majority of the @#%$ they rhymed about (Pac fightin/gettin shot/gettin locked, Snoop beatin a murder charge, Jay rhymin about @#%$ he's actually done, ODB wylin in real life just like he did on record, Fat Joe keepin it 1OO always, etc...), and if they didn't do all the @#%$ they spit on - they were dumb nice and you couldn't take nuthin from them (B.I.G.)...

No - the life a rapper lives has nuthin' to do with their talent, cuz at the end of the day it's all under the umbrella of entertainment...but when you hear all the @#%$ P spits on and see him takin' Ls damn near everyday - it overshadows his actual talent. Return of the Mac, huh? Tell that @#%$ to Saigon.

And yeah, I know all the @#%$ I just typed can easily be attacked because I'm an admitted Cam fan...but Killa is/was that dude :pimp:
pimp.gif

He doesn't count. :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAMMUSICFORUM

Quote:
And yeah...Lauryn Hill too.
29fqcz6.jpg
smh.gif
Team Wolverines​
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch​
"You don't call ******ed people ******s. Bad taste. You call your friends ******s."​

I gotta say 50 Cent, I really use mess with dude hard when he was grindin. Power of a dollar, guess who's back, 50 cent is the future, GRODT.

Now look at dude :smh:
smh.gif
Team SK3
We don't miss posts...we got auto updates.​
TEAM Black & Mild​

Bizzy, Rae, and Lauren all fell off real hard

.:Team Mental Liberation:.​

TeamAutobot
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

You can't even compare L to them dudes tho, I mean the longest prime there outside of L would be Prodigy from 95 - 2001ish prolly, IMO he still comes with @#%$, he just don't get after it with the intensity he used to have, his hunger is gone. But he went in on maybe 2 tracks on Blood Money "Infamous" 3rd verse :wow:
eek.gif
:wow:
eek.gif
, "Speakin So Freely" :wow:
eek.gif
:wow:
eek.gif

Em had a 3 album run and fell the @#%$ off
His run was like 99-02 or 03 prolly

DMX's run was honestly like 6 months between his first 2 albums :lol:
laugh.gif
and he wrote those like 5 or 6 years beforehand, so we got the washed up version . . . Then he kept rapping :smh:
smh.gif
smh.gif

LL's run was prolly a good 12 -15 years, his album G.O.A.T. Had somejoints on there, then I don't know what happened to son.

Reakwon I never really thought he was like crazy ill like that, but he was VERY efficient I'll say (for lack of a better term) prolly in the same vein as AZ possibly. (But I've never liked AZ)

My Nominees
Papoose :stoneface:
indifferent.gif

Nature
Noreaga
Mr Cheeks :lol:
laugh.gif

Ma$e
Talib Kweli
Busta Rhymes :smh:
smh.gif

Master P :lol: