Who has hit up Santa Barbara for Halloween?Vol. Strap up?

Heard this place is always crackin during halloween, i mean girls everywhere, people smoking/drinking and just having a good ol' time. Has anyone been here and what are your experiences?

Went there last year and got a open container ticket. Its fun as hell if you have a spot to kick it at. MAD bi%^&*$ walking around. Do not drink on the streets!! Theres cops on horses everywhere. Have fun

Looking to head down there this year too,
local NT'ers, where the party @! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

anyone in the socal 310 area goin out there anytime soon and wanna take me with you? i have no problem throwing down on drink or gas or what not.

let's get wasted and bag some %$#%*

It's not what it use to be. I went to school out there and in '02 and halloween was the $h1*!!! We were allowed to walk with a cup in our hand and there would be girls every where and walk into random parties. But every year cops got more strict and each year parties were more controlled and over at midKnight. Oh well good memories. For those of you going only advice would be to look out for parking. Downtown SB is the club scene with bars and people in costume every where, but don't park in the structures, park on the less main streets. In IV (Isla Vista) house parties everywhere and people (girls half naked) walking in crowded streets. Parking is a mission since cops set barricades at the 3 main entrances to town and only let residents in. Park in Elwood and be prepared for a long walk. Have fun guys!

Originally Posted by Dark KNIGHT 805

It's not what it use to be. I went to school out there and in '02 and halloween was the $h1*!!! We were allowed to walk with a cup in our hand and there would be girls every where and walk into random parties. But every year cops got more strict and each year parties were more controlled and over at midKnight. Oh well good memories. For those of you going only advice would be to look out for parking. Downtown SB is the club scene with bars and people in costume every where, but don't park in the structures, park on the less main streets. In IV (Isla Vista) house parties everywhere and people (girls half naked) walking in crowded streets. Parking is a mission since cops set barricades at the 3 main entrances to town and only let residents in. Park in Elwood and be prepared for a long walk. Have fun guys!
Just goes to show that things go in cycles.  I graduated from UCSB in 1998.  Prior to when I got there, Halloween was supposed to be amazing.  But for my first couple, it was pretty low key.  I believe someone got killed a year or two before I started, so the police presence was really intense.  Things eased up and, by the time I left, Halloween was a big event again.  From Dark Knight's post, it sounds like things have been and down since then.  But I'm sure it will be a good time for those who go this year. 

Have fun fellas.  I wish I could roll out there too . . . just stay away from my niece, who is a freshman at UCSB this year. 
laugh.gif

I went back in 08' it was super spur of the moment we left at 10pm smh by the time we got out there and found parking it was pretty much over. we party hopped a bit and then ended up leaving around 3am %%$ because it started raining HARD!. The cops were out in full force as well snatch folks up so be careful.

Don't even try to find parking in Isla Vista, there will not be any unless you get there Thursday PERIOD.

Back
Top Bottom