Who here can solve the Rubik's Cube?

I learned how to do the 3x3 last year and can get it done in about 50 seconds.  Took me about a week to learn the algorithms  I learned the 4x4and 5x5 too. 

The 5x5 takes me just over 20 minutes to solve.  Im thinkin about getting a 6x6 and a 7x7 but those damn things cost almost 100 bucks, if not more.  Horrible

I can do a 3x3 in a few minutes. But, I don't think it's crucial enough for me to learn a 6x6 or 7x7 and drop unnecessary amounts of money on it....

People at my school can do 3 x 3 in under 20 seconds.
I can't do it, didn't care for it to learn how to do it.

yeah i didnt care much for it too but for some reason, there was always one in my house. I didnt want to have a cube looking at me with the upper hand so

Damn son 50secs?  What method did you use?  I'm trying to learn the fredricks method but it feels so slow or maybe its me.  Other than that, I can only solve it under 2 mins.

i can here i made a vid for a thread a while back
Edit: Fastest time was 39 seconds. this is like 1 min 30. first attempt in bout 2 years

I think my best time is like 50 seconds, only for the 3x3. Never got around to picking up the other ones, maybe one day.

Takes me sometime. not more than 20 mins though for the 3x3. i have a life so i don't put much effort into trying to memorize the algorithms.

I can't do it
frown.gif

Can anyone recommend a good site for Rubik solver algorithms?

I've been meaning to learn for a while, just never got around to it.

Originally Posted by blue23jordan

Takes me sometime. not more than 20 mins though for the 3x3. i have a life so i don't put much effort into trying to memorize the algorithms.

some methods just have 4 algorithms.  u can have a life and learn 4

My PR is like 2:18

A good friend of mine actually teaches the Rubik's Cube class here at Cal. He, along with his other facilitators create multiple algorithms to solve the cube from different situations. I know his PR is under 10, but overall I believe he is ranked around the top 40 solvers of a 3x3 in the States, around the hundreds in the world rankings. He also does one hand and I believe that one is also very fast when ranked.

Back
Top Bottom