-Who here plays Golf?- Vol. Its not a sport, its a networking tool

...Low-Key....Im a pretty good Golfer
nerd.gif

...Its fun as hell once you get a little good at it...
pimp.gif

might get a better response in the sports section.

i have a hate/hate relationship with golf. I've been playing casually for atleast the last 10+ years and I never get any better. It probably has to do withthe fact that I never practice, never go to the range, putting green, not even swing a club at the house, nothing. I am highly erratic and depending on the dayand the track I am playing, I will go out and shoot anywhere between 90-110+.

John Feinstein said it best. Golf to me is a good walk spoiled. Its more a means to an end. I like all the things that come with playing a round of golf. Thatis... hanging out with the fellas, enjoying the nice socal weather, drinking a 12 pack of beers, smokin a couple blunts, lightin up a nice cigar, and best ofall, goin out to grub afterwards... sometimes for free, depending on who won that day.

I am still waiting and hoping for my first ace. I imagine it will feel as fulfilling as the first time getting dome, or winning money on a lotto scratcher. Theclosest I came was hitting the damn pin and dropping about 1.5" away from the hole on a 160 yard Par 3. I couldn't even enjoy my birdie due to thefrustration of knowing that is probably the closest I will ever get to a hole in one.

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

driving range only....

I love the Driving range...But the driving range by my house is only 275 yards to the back net...Im driving 300+ yards
smokin.gif
...I love hearing the "holy %*$$!!!" and the "JesusChrist!!!"'s from the surounding Golfers....

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

driving range only....

I love the Driving range...But the driving range by my house is only 275 yards to the back net...Im driving 300+ yards
smokin.gif
...I love hearing the "holy %*$$!!!" and the "Jesus Christ!!!"'s from the surounding Golfers....
lies... ducktales... tales of the mallard

until vids posted
tongue.gif

At least once a week.

Using Nike CCi irons, Sasquach driver, Ignite Fairway woods, and Taylor Made Mezza Monza putter.

man...... i sold all my golfing clubs and bags to pay some bills, smh

Many yrs ago, i was working for an insurance firm and my boss was big into golf. He showed me a few things and would take me out to play a back 9 and wouldstill pay me for missing work to join him.

and yes, golf is a good source of networking , just depends on who you know and who your buddy is.

I used to play in high school. Short game was very good. I didn't have good swing mechanics for driving/teeing off.

Originally Posted by StephonUrkel

driving range only....

smokin.gif
...I love hearing the "holy %*$$!!!" and the "Jesus Christ!!!"'s from the surounding Golfers....
lies... ducktales... tales of the mallard

until vids posted
tongue.gif

Im dead Serious!... Its not that hard for a "in shape" 22-year-old to do...I've been golfing on and off since I was 4...Im good enough to beat mypeers, but definitely not good enough to go Pro......Women ruin everything
grin.gif

Originally Posted by kicks4kaskets

I used to play in high school. Short game was very good. I didn't have good swing mechanics for driving/teeing off.

My Iron game is decent...My putting and chipping is "ok", but Im a beast with the Driver...its all about repetition

I worked on a golf course one summer. So yea I know a lil something...............

My pops lives on a golf course community also in Georgia so I was doin a lil somethin down there too.

But yea man thats cool, I like to do things people dont think you up on, matter fact I cant even Ball at all, love the game but I been lost that touch an catsplay all day everyday so no need for me to get embarrassed.

Tennis is great sport too.

I use to play Tennis in Gym-class when I was in highschool (only because it was required)....I couldnt get into it.

My short game > long game (no pun)

I can only drive 175-200 yards.

But you're right, golf is fun once you get the hang of it.
pimp.gif

Truthfully, I haven't picked up a basketball since being introduced to golf.

If you don't understand it, chances are you don't watch the news, pick up a book, and/or are ignorant.

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

If you don't understand it, chances are you don't watch the news, pick up a book, and/or are ignorant.
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
I don't want to derail this thread but w/e
carry on

My Iron game is decent...My putting and chipping is "ok", but Im a beast with the Driver...its all about repetition
Drive for show, putt for dough.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Drive for show, putt for dough.

Pretty much...

I played golf since 10 grade in hs. Went to state my senior year. Stopped once I got into college. Haven't picked up my clubs since. I might just go out tothe course sometime this week to just hit some balls.

Anyone use Callaway Balls?....I heard they're decent

....I use Titleist Pro V1's
Didn't they get sued and can no longer make those? Aren't they going to be (thought they were?) out of circulation?

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Anyone use Callaway Balls?....I heard they're decent

....I use Titleist Pro V1's
Didn't they get sued and can no longer make those? Aren't they going to be (thought they were?) out of circulation?

I didnt hear about that, I buy the refurbished joints
laugh.gif
....sameball+great price

I used to work at a course, way back in the day...haven't bought golf balls in I don't know HOW long....

The Pro V has been a favorite for as long as I recall.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I used to work at a course, way back in the day...haven't bought golf balls in I don't know HOW long....

The Pro V has been a favorite for as long as I recall.

Yeah, they're great balls...the outter shell is softer than other balls, they feel great off the club head...

Back
Top Bottom