Who is nicer than Jay Electronica?

No disrespect to the fathers of hip-hop, but Jay Electronica is the nicest out right now, PERIOD!  The only people that come close right now is Andre 3000, Saigon and LA tha Darkman.  The listed people's flow are so natural, it just feels right.  If Just Blaze could bring Jay E. and Saigon together for an album, one word LENGENDAY!  That should be the title.  It would be like a Nas/AZ, Pac/Scarface, BIG/Jay-Z album, we never got.  What do you think?  Please don't mention bammas like Lil Wayne!

jay elect and saigon? nah

saigon sucks

jay elect can spit but he aint got enough material for cats to b callin him the nicest out... %#!@% got like 10 songs...

This n said LAD
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

I don't see what all the hype is about...

Of course you don't because he's not from the FIVE BURROUGHS.

And how the OP gonna put Jay Electronica in the same category as La the Darkman and Saigon? Say that they're "close" to him and then put them alongside Dre 3000.
laugh.gif
:

There's a grip of rappers better than Jay Elec

smh.gif
@ salty posters looking for an east coast bias.

Most ppl don't even know where dude is from since he's still pretty unknown.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

smh.gif

He has lived all over, I mean he worked with a lot of Detroit cats I know, but he claims New Orleans right?

Originally Posted by Master Zik

smh.gif

I thought he was from New Orleans?

He is from the N.O. or at least that's what he claims in his rhymes and tends to talk about in a few interviews.
I should've said looking  for a Southern bias.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

I don't see what all the hype is about...

He sounds MORE NY than NY Nz...

So shouldn't YOU be hatin on him?? Calling his music dated or somethin... Or the fact that he claims to be from NO gives him a pass huh...
smh.gif

To seriously answer the question though, I think Lupe, Nas, Black Thought, and maybe Mos + the Thornton Brothers, are all nicer than Jay Elec right now.

Originally Posted by Nupey09

No disrespect to the fathers of hip-hop, but Jay Electronica is the nicest out right now, PERIOD!  The only people that come close right now is Andre 3000, Saigon and LA tha Darkman.  The listed people's flow are so natural, it just feels right.  If Just Blaze could bring Jay E. and Saigon together for an album, one word LENGENDAY!  That should be the title.  It would be like a Nas/AZ, Pac/Scarface, BIG/Jay-Z album, we never got.  What do you think?  Please don't mention bammas like Lil Wayne!

im out on that note smh

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ this thread

word, man... all these rappers out here fearing the day jay electronica and saigon get in the studio together.

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ this thread

word, man... all these rappers out here fearing the day jay electronica and saigon get in the studio together.
laugh.gif

Naw but Jay is mediocre at best compared to the greats...

as far as lyrical substance goes? right now? active mc's?
 Lupe, Budden & Blu ... thats about it

Back
Top Bottom