Who is responsible for a package that says "Delivered" but wasn't? (USPS)

Long story short, I sold some shoes about a month back, I shipped them, they say delivered or what not. The eBay buyer is saying that they are on the way back to me for some weird reason. Return to Sender I guess....the tracking still says delivered and mentions nothing of that.

The buyer has 700+ feedback if that's the question.

I shipped using Delivery Confirmation and put the numbers in PayPal.

I'm going to keep my PayPal empty until things clear up.

I hate USPS tracking with a passion...

I would contact USPS and find out what happened. You may have to file a claim

Thats exactly why I always do signature confirmation, cause regular shipping confirmation is worthless.

From my experience with people sending me packages, if the mail man is unable to deliver for whatever reason, 2 days in a row, the package may be at the post office being held for pick up. Yes it would still say delivered for whatever reason. Its happened to me 2 or 3 times.

Be careful. My friend's mom use to work for the USPS for a bit. She said to always get signature confirmation because she knew so many people who stole packages and mail. USPS is shady as hell.

Delivery Confirmation is so random. I swear it's one big ripoff by USPS. Half the time it barely shows up at all. Other times, its so far off from being accurate that it becomes useless.

that happened to me during a period last year. Turns out dude kept dropping it off at the wrong address
indifferent.gif
I found out because the guy who got my package would ring my door bell and give it to me. How the hell does that happen?? Well at least they're honest but still
smh.gif

If the item says delivered and is under $250 (no signature required) PP won't do squat. I had a buyer that said they never got the item, but USPS Delivery Confirmation (USPS does NOT have true tracking except on Express, that's why it says track and 'confirm') showed "delivered" so the buyer was out of luck. The PO worker said it was on the buyer (aka receiver) to file a lost claim as well. Not sure whatever came out of that.

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

I'm going to keep my PayPal empty until things clear up

Thats your best bet

I had a guy put a paypal claim on me after he didn't get the shoes in 3 days (including a Sunday) after paying.  According to the tracking USPS had tried to deliver them on that 3rd day.  Since I had already transferred the money, paypal put my account into the negative.  Luckly, I had tracking and signature to prove USPS got them to him.  It took forever though since that guy wouldn't respond to any emails from me or paypal.  Then he gave me a neutral saying "pretty good seller".  I never could tell if he was just stupid or trying to scam me.

Lol I dont know why people in here are acting like USPS is the only courier company with shady people..FedEx..UPS? They all have shady workers.

Well the person filed a claim on eBay, I submitted tracking information. According the tracking it's been delivered. I went on ahead and escalated it to eBay Customer Support.

Originally Posted by BeallsFinest

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

USPS imo shady folks

Word. I hate dealing with them.
This. I avoid companies that only have a USPS delivery option because my packages have been stolen so many times. They just put the package on my porch out in the open.

USPS>UPS/Fedex

I hate waiting until 7-8pm to get a package thrown at my front door with not even a ring on the doorbell.

Plus, waiting 2-3days>7-10days

Originally Posted by BlackStilettos

Originally Posted by BeallsFinest

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

USPS imo shady folks

Word. I hate dealing with them.
This. I avoid companies that only have a USPS delivery option because my packages have been stolen so many times. They just put the package on my porch out in the open.

Aren't you thinking of UPS? USPS always leaves that pinkish colored slip for me telling me to go to PO.
UPS on other hand just leaves it at door if no one is home.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

how did you win, thats a miracle. sellers never win on eBay

word.

I always made sure I had the receipt when I shipped goods. I keep them for 3 months in case the buyer wants to pull a fast one on me - before OR after the package has been received.

Back
Top Bottom